Coolermaster ATCS case pics

Associate
WOW those CM ATC cases look so good. I wonder why they don't market a retro range and get them back on sale. I guess in these times they need to shift such volumes the market may not be there. Such a shame, the golden age of PC cases or am I just showing my age. I actually have two, still in their boxes unopened ATC-S4000 SX 1 in my storage unit. Maybe they will open them live on the antiques roadshow in the year 2090. :)

Soldato
Awesome thread - I've still got my 201 in the attic somewhere which might be a Black Widow - can't remember what the differences were but they look similar in the pics. Unfortunately mine has seen some better days, I think the power button cover went missing, though the switch is still there, but the rest of it still looks awesome.

I need to dig that out of the attic and pop it on the MM - seems like someone could get some use out of it :)

EDIT: Did some research and looked at some old CM cases, I don't think mine was actually a 201 or a BW, from memory it looks more like the Praetorian in black

Last edited:
Soldato
Feeling regret at all the old cases I've gave away, or thrown out, looking at this thread.
Cases have come a long way, but still got a soft spot for how they used to be.
Some great setups in here.

Soldato
Bit of a thread bump, but having been in the loft this weekend I've found the two 201 B BXTs I had stored away. Is there any value to these anymore?

I would say so. I’ve seen a couple of 201’s listed on eBay for very ambitious prices. I’ve also seen a lot of them lowered dramatically over time when they didn’t sell though. If they want on the members market I would be interested.

Soldato
I would say so. I’ve seen a couple of 201’s listed on eBay for very ambitious prices. I’ve also seen a lot of them lowered dramatically over time when they didn’t sell though. If they want on the members market I would be interested.
Thanks. I know I have one that's got some light marring from storage but is in pretty good nick considering it's close to 20 years old so might pop it up on the MM.

Edit: Holy crap, a silver one is on eBay for over £200 and it doesn't even have all the parts!

I have a full set of drive bay covers, a genuine matching optical drive plate and a spare bleeding solid panel as well as the windowed one! :O

Soldato
Yeah, I don’t see it selling for that. Maybe it will, but past listings haven’t go anywhere near that. It was only recently that one went from £150 down to £50 over about two months as it wasn’t selling.

Can’t see anyone paying £230 for one, but good luck to the guy!

Associate
Really cool looking Cooler Master cases, really enjoying this!

I've always ben a huge fan of Cooler Master high air flow stuff but the cases n this thread do look awesome too!

As for the older cases, I did have Cooler Master Cosmos 2 back in the day. It was problematic in way too many ways, for example there just wasn't enough space for the cables to make it look like a clean build. Some issues with cooling aswell.

Soldato
Just as an update, my ATCS 201 now proudly houses my new build - Ryzen 5600X, 32Gb Corsair LPX and a GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition.

I wonder how long this case will end up lasting me? I don't think I guessed on 19 years when I opened the box in January 2002 :D
Still waiting for pics! :D

Soldato
I just got hold of a 110-SX1 to go with the collection. Will share some pics soon. Always looking for more…

I see the 201 is still on eBay. I can’t see it ever selling for that money.

Soldato
Haha - well Fox has done just that…!

To be honest you could probably get away with something like a 3600/5600 and a 6600XT.

Especially if you utilised the front optical bays as a fan intake.

Soldato
I've still got my ACTS 201 in my loft. It's not in the best of condition but it's something that I've never been able to bring myself to sell. Maybe one day I'll source some spare blanking plates and recondition it.

Back
Top Bottom