• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
There is a clear gaming performance winner. Whether it's justifiable is upto the end user.
What grinds my gears is people complaining that it's hot, I'm sure all ryzen chips would be hot if they could manage to run at 5.0 too.

But alas, they don't. Because they don't really overclock, and it's not a great enthusiast platform. That's the reality. Heck, 10 cores at 4.8 here and no thermal issues. Ryzen is a viable alternative for gamers, it's not the second coming of Christ.

LOL. Another manufacturer breaking the embargo.

It happens. Normally also when someone whether it's in the community or not finds a workaround to enable other SKU, too. They want you to know their boards work before other vendors. I doubt it makes much difference, really.

Soldato
I think games might have to start catching up with the core counts now!! :p

So we have gone from 4C/8T to probably 12C/24T being mainstream within three years. That is assuming AMD does not move to an 8 core CCX unit.

Depends what the console market does given games are predominantly driven by them with a few exceptions. Plenty of people on this forum are going to end up with cpus well beyond what's actually required until next gen.

Caporegime
By that time the ryzen guys would have gone through 3 cpus just to try and match the gaming performance of a 7700k/8700k.
Value for money goes out of the window.

Matter of opinion, different reviews show different things when it comes to CPUs. Also depends on their testing and what games are used. Personally I'd say the 2700x is on par with at least a 7700k.

Soldato
Matter of opinion, different reviews show different things when it comes to CPUs. Also depends on their testing and what games are used. Personally I'd say the 2700x is on par with at least a 7700k.

Careful now, you're saying that AMD are on a par with INTEL....that's heresy don't you know GAVINtel won't stand for that!!! No.....nosireeeee. None of that talk allowed :p

Soldato

In some instances, yes. But there are many others where it is still behind. The gap IS closing. But changing a CPU 3 times is not what I'd call value for money especially just to get on par with intels gaming performance.
@subbytna every man and his dog know that AMD are behind intel in gaming. Its just fact. Even at 1440p in some titles.

Soldato
At the end of the day intel has always been the king in in raw speed, appart from the amd64 days... so you amd fanboys, stop getting worked up about it and just accept it.

Im not on anyones side, I just buy the best cpu at the time of ordering regardless if its amd or intel.... I remember a few years ago amd saying there not going compete with intel and their cpu's were always going to be value for money?

Last edited:
Soldato
Im not on anyones side, I just buy the best cpu at the time of ordering regardless if its amd or intel.... I remember a few years ago amd saying they wasn't going compete with intel and their cpu's was always going to be value for money?
So you're buying a Core i9-7980XE if it wasn't mesh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom