• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
OP
The media these days copy paste one another without doing a serious investigation.

here is the full Intel document

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w...n-updates/8th-gen-core-family-spec-update.pdf

As for the 9000 is just renamed the 8 series. Even AMD has them on the same "8th gen" CPUs.

Few days back some were very offensive to me dismissing me that Intel will just rename their CPUs

I bet that increase in TDP even on the 8600K/9600K is an excuse to sell Z390 boards and make Z370 obsolete.

The naming scheme was done long long ago , most website were late to state 'july' leak time for next Gen Nvidia when it was already pushed back etc .

Looking forward to last Tuesday of the month, battle of the latest B Gen boards :D

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cp...eir_9th_generation_coffee_lake_s_processors/1

Pretty sure that's the 6/12 version , 8/16 is higher

Soldato
OP
There are no X299 chips coming out. The next round are 3477 socket.

Will have to check roadmap again, cant remember if its X399 board or like AMD have no need to change the chipset name . Chips would take CFL-K and 8*** naming .
been checking out AMD more as more fun and open

funny enough, was mention of CNL No Z370 Chipset... must have been a very early roadmap, as z390 like B360/H370/H310 and H310C are on a different node to Z370 ..

I think he is probably refering to the rumoured x299 refresh cpus with up to 22 cores. They are expected to be released with new x299 refresh motherboards.

However I emailed AsRock about this and they stated that so far they have no plans to develop any further motherboard on x299 chipset.

So you are probably correct.

Unless you've signed a very hurting NDA with them, you'll get nothing off them . Things i've posted on here i've had to amend as i've walked the line to thin haha

Soldato
OP
The joys of road maps, since amd decides to match Intel's closely , I don't pay much attention haha.
Check my threads and you'll see I've post incoming board release dates but have mixed some up with dates by accident haha .

AMD didn't change name for x399 the boards don't offer any new features, all board vendors have done is created new flagships to accept 32 core thread rippers . Intel it's all about creating PR drive ! If they can name a new Chipset for no reason they will for CPUs that don't need a whole new name scheme haha .

Again, could be wrong , roadmaps are from Feb and 5 months allows for a lot of change ... Like Nvidia

Soldato
OP
im waiting for one of those 'Hilter finds out' spoof videos - title along the lines , Finds out 9900k is coming out after buying 8700k 6 months before, after buying 7700k 6 months before that .....

in the mean time, this will have to do

on a serious note, looking forward to seeing how prices settle Q4

Soldato
OP
If they hardware level fix those now, what are they going to sell next year?:p

pmsl, to be honest, think thats a major shake up of their roadmap and design to correct - come to far with 10nm to change it all , got to save face and release something on it soon and then naturally 3 refreshes afterwards haha

server end.. guessing they've got everyone under the sun designed a new core to stem weaknesses and market share drop

Soldato
OP
z390 is for top tier boards. z370 will still have life left in them and still be sold .

i7 9700k makes no sense to anyone, specially with non K version (if it comes out)

would rather have i7 8700 6/12 thread on a B360 then i7 9700 8/8 on a B Board for workstation machine =s

Soldato
OP
How are you going to get it back through customs?

more of the pound failing against the Dollar.. count work out more costly and then as mentioned above, warranty

on a side note... finally starting to get games listing 6 core CPUs as recommended

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/codemasters_reveals_f1_2018_s_pc_system_requirments/1

Processor: Intel Core i5 8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD RX 580

Soldato
OP
Eh? I've price checked an 8700k and mobo preliminarily and would save over £100. No concern about warranty. A lot of warranties travel. Besides, never had a mobo fail on me in 20 years.

Anyway. Will keep checking for release dates.

was looking at rates, you are right, is cheaper. but when you use actual currency brokers like royal mail etc- there rates arent as good as what Google lists for currency converters. Best check if paying direct with your bank when out there, their current rates and rates when your out there.

mobo's no. not with asus and gigabyte at least. Serial codes are tracked to Distribution , and they handle RMA or replacement from their stock. I know Giga-man trying to help with EU one . but worth double checking

Games like the F1 series doesn't use much processing or gpu power anyway, so no point using maximum cores.

and thats what they are listing, unless you know their engine/ source code by heart ? hopefully if its true what they are recommending - its showing more cores being coded in for which is a good thing finally :)

Soldato
OP
One word. Monzo. You get the mastercard base rate (basically the same as xe.com) and no fees on top. By far the best way to buy things abroad. No getting stung for bad exchange rates or fees.

:D

Tried looking at Roadmaps, only had old ones, Q3 was only time mention, know week numbers.. guessing it was set flexible to match AMD

Soldato
OP
I hope games dont require stupidly fast cpu's, not yet as Im hoping this 8086k will last me as long as my 2500k did, or longer

Should last you a long time ! What will happen is shift will go from single/dual cores were speed is key (which you have) to multi core , which you'll get extra life span of the CPU.

Your CPU won't struggle with current games that don't use a lot of cores and will increase with performance when they do :)

Soldato
OP
To those expecting low pricing, forget it

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/core-i9-9900k-and-i7-9700k-surface-in-online-shops.html

If pricing is correct is cheaper to buy a 2920X, or on some good deals the 2950X or in some places the 7900X than the new 9900K. Ouch.
While the 9700K is close to the 2920X pricing.....

And if so also, expect the 9900K hit easily £1000 for pre binned chips.

inflated prices , should fall close to 8 core x299

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,399.88 (includes shipping: £9.90)

sure i've got the launch week somewhere , thought it was still Q3 launch but might be paper based.

now, to wait for AMD Z490 chipset :D

Soldato
OP
AMD has no Z490, X570 with pci-e 4/5 is the way to go :D

it was on thir roadmap released Q3 - red though so subject to change . Its mirrored by Q2 map which it isn't penciled in
remember , i posted i9 9900k naming on here long before new sites did ;) just in different posts and threads and left the i9 part till last

im still more curious in H310C then anything else from intel and amd - cant for the life find out what the C is for haha

** ah wait

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13201/intel-preps-h310-revision-with-win7-coffee-lake-support

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@KentMan both Zen/zen2 (AM4) & Coffeelake (lga 1151) are dead end anyways.. DDR5 is 2020 :)

nothing is truely upgrade-able , AM4 socket is good, but would you slap a possible 12+ core Zen2+ 2020 chip on a 2017 A320 board... etc etc

either way , glad to see some CPU competition!

and dont see the point to much in 9900k, most gamers will buy 9700k 8 core or for media creation the cheaper i8 8700 with 12 threads and B340 board

Soldato
OP
10nm seems to have been a costly mistake.

yep , think ARM now powering incoming Windows Laptops or incoming is going to hurt . Smart for AMD to focus 7nm on server first to really small and break the server market for the big $$$

It's actually hilarious that Intel seem to think they are in a position to raise prices. AMD are bearing down on them like a rabid dog. Intel should be slashing prices!

to be honest, makes it possible for AMD to raise prices and make a little more profit from CPUs

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom