• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Associate
Shouldn't it be.

What an actual shambles the PC industry is in. So glad I bought a drone and Nintendo Switch over a GTX20xx card. what a mess. Such poor value for money right now if you want to stick with Intel, buy RAM or want to own a graphics card.?

More and more people are buying consoles in place of PC upgrades, obviously keeping their PC's but picking up consoles as well, i wonder what the trigger is to actually give up PC gaming and go full time console gaming? for me i still play a lot of MMO's so i need the keyboard support, and it is just more comfortable sat at my desk with my PC and keyboard than trying to juggle a keyboard sat on the sofa with a controller etc...

If i played sports or driving games full time i dont think i would ever use my PC again, i find those types of games more suited to console, hmm even fighting games like Street Fighter etc are just better with a console. I prefer FPS type games with a Keyboard and mouse however for accuracy.

Associate
Christ this "14nm shortage" has really driven prices up i wouldn't hold my breath at 9000 pricing being reasonable

Pretty sure Intel just got another 14nm Fab online in the Middle East to take up the slack, but i still expect the prices to remain high for a while, not like the retailers wont bleed this for all its worth while they can.

Associate
Pretty sure Intel just got another 14nm Fab online in the Middle East to take up the slack, but i still expect the prices to remain high for a while, not like the retailers wont bleed this for all its worth while they can.

prices will stay like this into the new year i reckon , AMD look really really tasty at this point

Soldato
People are buying Intel at these prices? I can get a ryzen 2600 for less than the i3 8100 lol.

More embarrassingly you can buy an R5 2600, B450 motherboard, 8GB RAM, 480GB SSD, case and PSU for less than an 8700K. :p

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 500W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply
Total: £437.68

Last edited:
Associate
The average user on the street though will still buy Intel, AMD still do not have the mindshare, Intel adverts are everywhere inside high street shops, most people who "want a new computer" will visit the popular high street stores and speak to the guys there, who quite frankly dont even know what day it is, let alone what hardware to recommend lol... and will end up with "intel Inside" and normally its a pretty bad spec for the price, but it will do the job they want it to.

The upside however is more and more people are reading reviews and looking for info online, or simply looking at "Best Sellers" on Amazon and reading Amazon reviews for stuff and will buy from that, so there is decent sales going AMD's way from there.

I feel personally AMD should be more aggressive with their marketing, i bet most kids who own a PS4 or Xbone dont know its AMD inside, AMD should get a deal done with Sony and MS to promote its their hardware inside imo... That mindshare right there is golden, kids playing on Consoles want to dabble into PC's, oooh AMD make the console hardware, i bet a PC built from their stuff is going to be even better etc..

Associate
Just seen a thread on Reddit with a pic of the 9900k on a Euro Website for roughly £500.. pretty much where I expect it to land £500-600 across the UK will be my bet.

Associate
Just seen a thread on Reddit with a pic of the 9900k on a Euro Website for roughly £500.. pretty much where I expect it to land £500-600 across the UK will be my bet.

Lets say hypothetically the 9900k comes in at £500. You are going to need a compatible mobo and ram to run it to its fullest.

How much would the nearest comparable AMD system come in at?

If the 9900k etc is too expensive a lot of people will look at an amd alternative

Soldato
What's the opinion on ITX boards and the 9700k/9900k. Are they just too lightweight to do the chips justice, VRMs etc..?

We do not know if the 9900K will be available on Z370 or is Z390 exclusive. Rumours have the latter.
The 9700K will run fine on the Z370I strix, assuming you have some fans blowing air to the VRMs or you use monoblock.

Soldato
Lets say hypothetically the 9900k comes in at £500. You are going to need a compatible mobo and ram to run it to its fullest.

How much would the nearest comparable AMD system come in at?

If the 9900k etc is too expensive a lot of people will look at an amd alternative

To boot as we speak, a 2700 costs £253 and a 2700X costs £289. So easily £210 less on savings at bare minimum.
Also lets not forget, at ~£600 someone could get the 2920X (if similar pricing to 2990 & 2950 is followed) a 12 core monstrosity, which only bad thing is the damn quad channel ram pricing.

And lets not forget bundles. £568 including good ram and SSD, with 2700X and mobo.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ram-free-480gb-ssd-online-only-bu-01g-am.html

Soldato
We do not know if the 9900K will be available on Z370 or is Z390 exclusive. Rumours have the latter.

Except there are no rumors of that at all, since from July/August board manufacturers have been updating and advertising the support of the CPU's in their Z370 BIOS files, don't spread tosh, it's really dumb.

Associate
To boot as we speak, a 2700 costs £253 and a 2700X costs £289. So easily £210 less on savings at bare minimum.
Also lets not forget, at ~£600 someone could get the 2920X (if similar pricing to 2990 & 2950 is followed) a 12 core monstrosity, which only bad thing is the damn quad channel ram pricing.

And lets not forget bundles. £568 including good ram and SSD, with 2700X and mobo.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ram-free-480gb-ssd-online-only-bu-01g-am.html

With the potential of upgrade options to 2020 such as zen2?

Back
Top Bottom