** CORSAIR 240 AIR - COMING SOON **

Perhaps we should list cards that do fit. Galax 970 definitely fits, heat pipes are nowhere near the window and the window doesn't get hot.

Seeing that 290 in one of these cases makes me tempted to try wedge my 780 lightning in one.

theres about 10mm space between the edge of that 290 and the case window. your card should have 20-25 mm space as its only 128mm wide according to msi specs.

Its a nice case. Finish is nice all round, case window is clean with no big scratches just a few faint microscratches. only downside so far is the tapping of holes for case screws could have been better but its workable.

You're convincing me, If the worst comes to the worst I could always cut the bracket out so it's a straight fit.
Now black or white mmm? will be going with red and green theme.

You're convincing me, If the worst comes to the worst I could always cut the bracket out so it's a straight fit.
Now black or white mmm? will be going with red and green theme.

not much needs to be cut out to make it a straight fit for a double slot wide card, should even be able to keep the screwless pci bracket thingy.
Easy to do it neatly and its covered by the side panel anyway.

The black has a nice satin/matt finish to it..

must order myself one too now i know my gpu fits... this one was for someone else so only delivered here but that gets me unboxing rights ;)

Finally got my build underway! Looks pretty similar to rounddodger's build in all honesty... I had planned white fan rings but his looked so good I had to rip it off :eek:

Still waiting on EVGA GTX970 SSC after having to cancel the MSI GTX970 (too tall! :mad:).. apart from that and a few cable ties required, looking pretty sweet! :D

Here's a few more of the build for anyone interested..

Didnt see any filters on top, ive got mine pulling in through the rad and pushing back out the top. Everything is running pretty cool so far! :cool:

Yep same. :) Idles at roughly 21-23 across all cores and a blast on OCCT gets to max 71-72 @ 4.4Ghz. Really impressed how the rad fans ramp up in response to the heat generated.

Awesome.

Edit- FYI, There is a dust filter in the top panel! Unfortunately mine is vibrating slightly so gonna stick in some sound dampening foam to sort that!

Last edited:
Case turned up today after a slight delay at Ocuk, Got the transplant finished.
Overall very happy with the case but the paint seems thin and marks easily but it was only the bottom so don't mind.

Best thing is I got the 780 lightning in it, although the cables are pushing on the window.
It will do for now I'm just hoping Nvidia release a GTX990 now.

I tell you what... I thought it looked bloody good before, stick a couple LED strips inside! Looks bloody MEGA :D

And yes I know i'm missing a graphics card.. Overclockers dont seem to be getting GTX970's of any brand in quick enough! Will be worth the wait... i'm sure :cool:

The MSI gaming 970 is too tall to fit in this case.
You need a card that doesn't stick up much from the hight of the PCI bracket.

Thanks Dave.

Hmm.... decisions.... that could well be a deal breaker. Do any 970s with non-reference coolers fit? Thinking specifically about the STRIX...

Back
Top Bottom