** CORSAIR 240 AIR - COMING SOON **

Mine arrived this morning from elsewhere :) The bracket that holds the expansion cards in may need fettling. You may like me need to bend the little tabs inwards otherwise they won't hold at all. I spent a fair while scratching my head trying to work out how the hell it was supposed to hold anything in place.

For anyone with a Galax 970 EXOC it does fit. You need to bend the power cables over a little but the heat pipe is nowhere near the window.

20141003_141521.jpg

20141003_130945.jpg

Mate can you do me a favor and measure the distance between the PCIE slot and the side panel?

I am hoping to fit 2x MSI 970's in mine and the fan is wider than the PCB and need to know if they will fit or are two wide

Mate can you do me a favor and measure the distance between the PCIE slot and the side panel?

I am hoping to fit 2x MSI 970's in mine and the fan is wider than the PCB and need to know if they will fit or are two wide

Measuring the bottom of the pcb to the end of the power cables that touch the window is 120mm

Mine arrived this morning from elsewhere :) The bracket that holds the expansion cards in may need fettling. You may like me need to bend the little tabs inwards otherwise they won't hold at all. I spent a fair while scratching my head trying to work out how the hell it was supposed to hold anything in place.

For anyone with a Galax 970 EXOC it does fit. You need to bend the power cables over a little but the heat pipe is nowhere near the window.

20141003_141521.jpg

20141003_130945.jpg

Looking good mate, will post my own hopefully over the weekend.

20141005_101734.jpg

Still finishing it off got cables spilling out the back. :D

Overall I love the case, how much stuff you can cram in there is unreal. Only negative, which might be a big one should I change motherboard, is that when mounting the motherboard a couple of the screws in the standoffs didn't tighten properly, ie just spin round. They spin both ways and don't come out. Which is weird. Anyways it works well, nice cool and quiet as well!

UPDATE:-

Spent most of the day formatting my HDD's, one thing for sure I will need to bring some airflow into the PSU/HDD enclosure. Hoping with some creative cable management I can get a reasonable amount from fitting a spare AF120 as those HDD's get toasty, both between 54-51 degrees. Got my old PC running a AF120 out the case cooling them, down to 40 degrees now!

Also noticed as some people had problems with the Air 540 with a scratched side window, I can report mine is scratched too! Not a good show Corsair. It's not massively bad but it's not the point.

Moaning aside, love the build. The MSI enhanced turbo is brilliant, runs at 4.4 no messing about, nice and cool with the h105 and memory at full speed. So far so good. :)

Last edited:
Nice build! Almost identical to mine.. apart from you've got your case :) (Come on overclockers!)

Have you used SP120 or AF120's? I have 4 SP120's on order to be despatched with the case, but AF120's might be better at the top?

Whats the space like at the back for fans with all the cables bunched up?

I have 2 x SP120 on the rad in pull and 2 x AF120 as
top exhausts.

Space at the side/rear is... Tight. Haha. I am fitting 1 AF120 when the molex to 3 pin fan adapters turn up and hopefully I can tie down the cables enough to get some airflow through the HDD caddy. As I can see temps upto 60 degrees easily happening.

Good work! My case SHOULD be here today, so at least i've a good example to base it on now :)

I've gone for the same fan setup window side. Had 4 SP120's on order but changed to 2 AF and 2 SP. I'll likely use one of the stock fans from the H100i on the back and really get the cables tied up so the fan doesn't catch anything.

I'll post mine on soon and hope to see a few others putting their 240 builds up :)

Now... just had a worrying thought... I've got an MSI GTX970 coming for this case... Will it actually fit? Dimensions reckon its 141mm high, case is 120mm..

I might have to have a little cry!!!

**Confirmed for anyone else looking at this case, the MSI GTX970 is too tall. Swapped to an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC after rechecking the height**

Last edited:
Xfx 290 with the DD cooler is 143mm wide/tall does fit in this case with a little room to spare. Could do with a window vent to keep it cool.

The case may need modding for some tall cards as the coolers may catch the side lip of the case and prevent installation.
It does for the xfx dd cooler for sure.

assembling the gpu into the mobo and very carefully guiding it all in as one does fit without modification but no good for when you need to clean the gpu heatsinks.

Back
Top Bottom