Corsair 500R Watercooling options?

Associate
OP
What sort of temp differences are you seeing over the H100 you had in previously? Hopeful I can start with my build this week :D

In terms of figures full load is now around 65 degrees, I realised I didn't actually answer your question correctly.

Soldato
Its fine, I have a rough idea on how the H100 performs as I have a H80, the H100 is roughly 3-6c better. So I knew what you were getting at :)

Thats still a really healthy drop in temps, especially for that voltage.

Oh and you might have room for a 120 down the bottom next to the PSU.

Associate
OP
Its fine, I have a rough idea on how the H100 performs as I have a H80, the H100 is roughly 3-6c better. So I knew what you were getting at :)

I certainly do mate, in fact I have room for 140mm.

I'll probably move to the new Ivy Bridge chips when they come out, my board will take one according to Asus.

Last edited:
Permabanned
i say get the gpu on members market and sell your gpu, if the rad wont take it then a quick 120/140/240 in the front would sort it out just move the hdd bay over to the left. It would look mint would also be a lot quieter

Associate
OP

grq4_74d_u815t.jpg

grq4_6ea_u815t.jpg

grq4_25f_u815t.jpg

grq4_d14_u815t.jpg

The pump giving some vibrations so quick fix is a bathroom sponge :p

Soldato
Loads of room down there for another 120 with minimal hassle :D

Couldn't really notice on my 500R as the huge PSU covers half the fan mounting.

I agree with the others, get the card from the MM, sell your card (unless you want it for future xfire projects?) and put a 120 in the loop and enjoy no more painfully noisy gpu :D

Associate
OP
Really considering the GPU now and probably get another Rad just to be on the safe side and because I feel the watercooling bug hitting me :)

Associate
OP
Slightly concerned about ditching my card for one without warranty, that's the only thing planted in back of mind.

Associate
OP
DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

while you have chance to do it cheap imo its a no brainer

What model rad would you for at the bottom then since you've seen first hand what I am working with, I suppose thickness won't matter at the bottom?

Permabanned
take the hdd bays out put the bay where the fan is and fasten it up and see what room is left, you will also need to check there for the rad as a 120.2 is bigger than 2x120mm fans smallest i can see is 275mm so you would need 35mm clearence (5mm one side 20mm the other)

Associate
OP
Purchased a watercooled GPU and a second radiator which should help keep the temperatures acceptable, however the second radiator requires some cutting to the case, will report back with pictures once the parts arrive.

Back
Top Bottom