Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

I must admit Corsair support is excellent. Created a ticket due to the front panel cables being too short for my motherboard and they sent me a replacement front panel with longer cables which arrived in a couple of days.

I'm interested about this improved SSD mount? How is it improved?
Also why did they send 3 new HDD trays, the case can only hold 2!?

Well, the "improved SSD mount" may have been exaggerated. With the one that is provided, when 2.5" drives are put in, theres about 1cm of space between the drives. With the one they sent me, the drives are put in and are only about 3mm apart. Saving space which could allow you to snap more mounts into it to hold more than 4 drives.

For your second question. Why not? They have brilliant CS so it didn't really shock me that they sent me 3. Especially when they are made pretty badly.

Liking the builds in here, tempted to get one myself.

SimonMaltby, and RetrogamerX - How are you finding the cooling in terms of SLI, does the case push air well with the GTX 780's / 770's?

I didn't think the Corsair 650D was adequete enough even with one custom cooler card when clocking.

I know I'm probably cazy, but I really want a mATX sized version of this...

Just big enough to get the Mobo and 2 240mm rads in the one side and the other side just big enough for a PSU (mounted sideways) 1-2 HDDs 2, SSDs and maybe a low profile optical drive.

Love the design, not so sold on the sheer volume of it all

I know I'm probably cazy, but I really want a mATX sized version of this...

Just big enough to get the Mobo and 2 240mm rads in the one side and the other side just big enough for a PSU (mounted sideways) 1-2 HDDs 2, SSDs and maybe a low profile optical drive.

Love the design, not so sold on the sheer volume of it all

Having that wide form factor defeats the purpose of an m-ATX build IMO.
Bare in mind, what you listed is already implemented into the case. The case already has a sideways mount for the PSU and by putting the optical drives at a 90 degree angle, makes it more low profile.
Plus, with the fullsize version, fitting HDDs at the back is though enough, let alone trying to do it in an MATX version.

I just dont think it would work at all.

Liking the builds in here, tempted to get one myself.

SimonMaltby, and RetrogamerX - How are you finding the cooling in terms of SLI, does the case push air well with the GTX 780's / 770's?

I didn't think the Corsair 650D was adequete enough even with one custom cooler card when clocking.
Really curious about this as well as im running non ref cards in sli in a case with virtually zero front air intake. The 540 looks ideal as theres nothing to obstruct airflow. In games my cards hit 70 and 56c, both using a custom fan profile on a 1-1 ratio.

setter said:
Really curious about this as well as im running non ref cards in sli in a case with virtually zero front air intake. The 540 looks ideal as theres nothing to obstruct airflow. In games my cards hit 70 and 56c, both using a custom fan profile on a 1-1 ratio.
Going to order one anyway, I can always have the side panel modified to handle a fan, if required. :cool:

Im extremely tempted to order one as well Nelly, albeit ive got two full tower cases here at present. The xl in sig and a Lian Li A70F. The latter has excellent cooling, but im not fond of its bare aluminium interior. The 540 is quite well priced too.

setter said:
Im extremely tempted to order one as well Nelly, albeit ive got two full tower cases here at present. The xl in sig and a Lian Li A70F. The latter has excellent cooling, but im not fond of its bare aluminium interior. The 540 is quite well priced too.
I had one of those Lian Li A70F years ago, had it modified for a tripple rad - see pic below, then decided against it, and sold it - nice case.

l39z.jpg

I guess you could have the interior powder coated any colour you want, not sure how much it would cost, would be a case of it being taken apart, and re-riveted.

Probally more cost effective to sell your cases you got now, and get the Carbide 540?

There are some great builds in this thread, shoot me for saying so but I think these builds are every bit as impressive as some of the 900d builds including my own :)

Must resist .... don't need but do want :D

Back
Top Bottom