Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Just putting these up in case they give people ideas :)

lighting_zpsae231b1a.jpg

desk_zps79c38f62.jpg

Nice build, but damn you have a lot of dust on your screen. I have the same case and it does collect dust very easily. I use those dust free cloths...it works wonders.

guys can anyone give me some advise on this case...

got mine coming Monday and have also ordered 3 120mm fans for the front and a couple of 140mm for the top.. is it a good idea to get a fan controller for these to lower the noise.?

also I have a corsair H80 water cooler and wondered if its better to mount the rad at the back or in the top like i have seen some do? also currently its running with two fans in push pull... should i get rid of this and run just one fan on the Rad?

yeah if i get a decent camera ill stick some up.

if this case 540 had a normal dvd drive i would have got this. mates getting one though with a very high spec . hes just waiting for new ati cards to launch.

Just about to order this in the next few days and I've a couple of questions.

I'm gonna have an H100 and since I think I'm gonna replace all the default fans in both the case and the H100 I'm curious about the best fan setup for this case, mostly in terms of the front fan setup for 3x120 or 2x140. So is 5x 120mm fans and 1x140 for the back the best setup or 3x140 and 2x120 for the H100?

Secondly, I'm putting an Asus Z87-Pro into this and I'm wondering if there are any really good fans which match that colour scheme? I'm otherwise thinking of going with the corsair fans and taking off the coloured bands and leaving them pure black. If I do that, what fans are best to buy?

Secondly, I'm putting an Asus Z87-Pro into this and I'm wondering if there are any really good fans which match that colour scheme? I'm otherwise thinking of going with the corsair fans and taking off the coloured bands and leaving them pure black. If I do that, what fans are best to buy?

Could you not just buy some gold spray paint for the fan rings?

Last edited:
Just about to order this in the next few days and I've a couple of questions.

I'm gonna have an H100 and since I think I'm gonna replace all the default fans in both the case and the H100 I'm curious about the best fan setup for this case, mostly in terms of the front fan setup for 3x120 or 2x140. So is 5x 120mm fans and 1x140 for the back the best setup or 3x140 and 2x120 for the H100?

Not sure what you are in the market for but have you considered the new Corsair Obsidian 750D which is about to be released?

I was in the same boat as you and nearly bought the 540 but just a few things that didn't quite work for me.

YOUR BASKET
1 x Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower Case - Black (CC-9011035-WW) £134.99
Total : £147.59 (includes shipping : £10.50).

Just bought one of these but when building it today I found that my first gen H60 doesn't fit! The heads on the screws for the fan + rad have too small a head and so they simply can't be used in the holes at the back. Rather disappointed :(

Just bought one of these but when building it today I found that my first gen H60 doesn't fit! The heads on the screws for the fan + rad have too small a head and so they simply can't be used in the holes at the back. Rather disappointed :(

Wouldn't something like a few washers or screws with larger heads sort this out? Seems a waste not being a able to use a perfectly good cooler you already have for the sake of a few pence. :D

Yup, my thought exactly. For the moment I've mounted it at the top of the case, this works. Still, I was somewhat surprised. The pump is rattling with this H60, so I'll probably replace it in the next couple of months with something.

Do folks have the Corsair H100 fitting along the top of the 540 ok? Anything I should look out for if I went for a refurbished one of these?

Got the H100i up top fitted perfectly. Can easily do push pull so youre all good to go for a H100. Cant comment on the refurbs here, since i simply havent bought one!

How are you guys finding the dust levels in the case?

It's a little disappointing that the PSU and top don't have dust filters. And before someone says why have a filter on the exhaust, i'm thinking about when the machine is off and dust falls in.

Back
Top Bottom