Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Another nice build above i hope to add mine here in the coming weeks. Finally ordering a replacement for whats in my signature as i sold it for almost new prices.

Intel 4770K Retail
Gigabyte Z87X UD4H
GSKILL 16GB 2400mhz C10
Corsair AX860i
Corsair H100i
Corsair Air 540
Corsair AF140L case fans x3
Corsair SP120 fans for H100i push/pull x2

Managed to get the above all new for £897 which i will throw in my M4 256GB SSD and GTX 580 and Xonar ST. I will be going for the red theme throughout this one :)

Last edited:
Some lovely looking builds. Cannot wait to get my build started in the next month or so when Father Christmas starts delivering me some goodies :)

Done it. Just had to take fan and put it behind. Not ideal but only way. Chuffed with the rear. The controller fits in great in the bays!

BFB514D9-F085-49A7-9698-ECAB27AA0CBC-14509-000003BE46854041_zps8d33260c.jpg
[/QUOTE

Nice one:)

Yeah I love the controller. I can change colours that fits my mood. I love the hue it was worth getting.
Was there anything special that you had to do to mount the fan controller backwards? Am considering doing it with a hdd

I think the idea of intake is that you will be blowing cool air from the room over the rad, but with exhaust you are drawing warm air from inside the case over the rad.

Tbh I spent far too long over-evaluating this in my rig. I tried both methods (pulling air in/pushing out) and only ever noticed a few degrees difference when running stress tests.

Was using dual Corsair SP120's which are pretty beastly though :D

Nickolp1974 what model of NB eloop are you running are they the b12-3 1900RPMS? everywhere seems to have ran out of them and im not sure if the B12-4 will run too loud. Thanks - Adam

Hmm I like this case apart from the hdd's being exposed, personally I wouldn't want to see a bogstandard mechanical hdd with the rest of my lovely bits...

There is a solution to that.
Take a piece black acrylic cut to size and put on top.
You can cover whole bottom of the case like that, actually seen someone done that in this thread, just read earlier posts.

The thing that annoyed me with this case is this...

The HDD clips, they're weak as hell and the look is annoying me. Might try some blag some from Corsair, I only took the HDD out once and they snapped!

Any one running a 360 rad on the front of their 540 and still using both hot swap bays.

Ideally I'd like a 360 rad but also want to keep both hot swap bays.

Was thinking of going for the Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 360 - XFlow
with a single line of pull fans, and also using a 45 rotary fitting to give a bit more clearance over the top of the drive bays.

I was thinking of putting a sheet of acrylc over the mech hdd's to hide them, do you think they could overheat or will the vents underneath the case allows enough cool air to enter that section?

Also, what fan controllers are you all using in this case? i was going to get the akasa 6 channel one but i think the brushed ally would clash with the finish of the case.

Back
Top Bottom