Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Any one help me decide what size radiator to go for?

Cant decide between a 240 or a 360.
I would prefer a 360 but I'm using both hotswap bays at the bottom of the case and I've seen that the in/out put for the rads can get in the way of the bays.

A 240 will be a lot easier to fit and also gives me more room to add another at the top later.

Any one running 360 rad on the front of the case? whats the clearances like?

I'm going to be swapping all my fans out for NB eloops b12-3, from what ive researched Scythe GTs are the best but to me they look a bit lame. I'm willing to sacrifice a little performance for looks.

kZpIlM3.jpg

96EPS8Y.jpg

3ZXvcOS.jpg

oleBkIE.jpg

Spec:

4770k @ 4.6Ghz
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
8GB 1600Mhz XMS3 Ram
XFX HD7990
X-Fi
Noctua NH-D14
6x Corsair SP120 Quiet fans
EVGA 1000w P2 Platinum Psu

Last edited:
Cheers, I used a single 60cm akasa vegas red strip as I didn't want to overdo it with the lighting. However, I'm not sure if I want to switch it for a white strip as the red drowns out the colours inside...Decisions.

Cheers, I used a single 60cm akasa vegas red strip as I didn't want to overdo it with the lighting. However, I'm not sure if I want to switch it for a white strip as the red drowns out the colours inside...Decisions.

Id say try for a white strip. I agree by the red strip drowning all the red in there out.

Ordered will try it out tomorrow or sat to see which I prefer, do you think a combination of both would look weird?

Dont think so. Ive used a combination of white and blue before.
The white to generally light up the rig and used the blue to highlight parts. It turned out pretty good. Try that out.
Put the white in a place where it can light up as much area as it can. Then what i like to do is put the coloured strip at the top on the motherboard side. This way, it will give a light highlight from the top.

So AF120 Quiet Edition or Sp120's for this case? I need 3x120 for the front, 2x120 for my H100 and 1x140 for the back as I've just recently got the fan rattle too so I figured I'd go ahead now and do the fan replacements I held off on for the time being.

What exactly is the difference between the AF's and SP's?

SPs are used when static pressure is important, ie on radiators etc, whereas the AFs are just general air flow fans. Personally though, I use static pressure fans for everything except exhaust fans - dust covers, fan grills and mesh panels all create resistance which SP fans can deal with better than AFs imo.

Back
Top Bottom