Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Very happy with mine so far, although ive not had chance to test it properly :p Trying to decide what will be best for cooling

i have H100i with 4xSP120 performance PWM set in the top as exhaust
3x SP 120 quiet PWM on the front all blowing in.

and a AF140 on the back currently set to exhaust but im wondering if it would be better to have it blowing in also.

what have other people using air cooling done ?

Very happy with mine so far, although ive not had chance to test it properly :p Trying to decide what will be best for cooling

i have H100i with 4xSP120 performance PWM set in the top as exhaust
3x SP 120 quiet PWM on the front all blowing in.

and a AF140 on the back currently set to exhaust but im wondering if it would be better to have it blowing in also.

what have other people using air cooling done ?

And how quiet is it with that setup ?

Probably an up close shot of the material showing its nylon and its thickness.Maybe offset up against some clever lighting? Anyways Simon thanks for letting us know in the thread the 540 features a nylon filter.

PS u may be able to get creative and put a dust filter over the inside instead or up against the front plastic with the use of the sticky type demcfilters? Not all work as magnetic u get other options and they peel off as well.It would mean dust and airflow gets trapped a bit in the rad and not on the PCB inside the case.I might actually prefer dust in the rad than the PCB as the temps wont matter that much on water and dust is easily power washed out of a rad with water rather than the PCB once it gets sticky.

Last edited:
I've been stalking some of the builds on OCN and they look fantastic. One guy who has the same z77 sabertooth as me used pink pastel in his loop and it actually looked awesome which was a surprise.

I'm considering picking this case up now but to fit a 240 and 360 rad you have to sacrifice push pull so I need to investigate how much difference to temps that would make irl.

Hi All,

I have an Asus GeneZ MATX board and am seriously tempted to get this case but I cant seem to find any pictures of a MATX system installed in this case. It looks that due to the postioning of the hole behind the CPU that there will be a massive gap on the RHS of the Mobo if you used a MATX board? If anyones tried this and could put up pics it'd be really appreciated.

Also does anyone have the internal measurement of the compartment containing the PSU? I'm guessing you cant squeeze a 120mm fan in there even with a custom mount?

My build done. I had to use my H80i because the brand new H100i was broken when I opened it up. It's been sitting in it's box unopened then 28 days waiting for this case. I opened it up and the pump was broke:( Big let down, thank god I had my H80i for back up.

Build looks very sweet. I have the NZXT Hue and the lights are great. Their not that bright either. This case rocks:D

My build done. I had to use my H80i because the brand new H100i was broken when I opened it up. It's been sitting in it's box unopened then 28 days waiting for this case. I opened it up and the pump was broke:( Big let down, thank god I had my H80i for back up.

Build looks very sweet. I have the NZXT Hue and the lights are great. Their not that bright either. This case rocks:D

Looks great :)

One thing i will say a lot of builds get ever so slightly tainted by the choice of using grey AF140l fans.I would have expected corsair to at least give one black AF140l fan or something.

Even with that they still look fantastic! And not a hard drive bay in sight to hold back the front 140mm fans from blowing that precious air over your GPU.

Just recieved my case today and found a problem straight away.

Their very own AF140 fans wont fit in the rear of the case due to the rubber mounts, it's only a few mm but I really dont fancy cutting or bending something on my new PC or forcing the holes to line up. damn you Corsair I wanted the coloured rings on my rear 140.

Just recieved my case today and found a problem straight away.

Their very own AF140 fans wont fit in the rear of the case due to the rubber mounts, it's only a few mm but I really dont fancy cutting or bending something on my new PC or forcing the holes to line up. damn you Corsair I wanted the coloured rings on my rear 140.

I managed to get a AF140 in. I had to force it a little, but its only forcing the rubber and it works fine.

final1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom