Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Haha I did not even notice! Thank you very much kind sir.

At the moment its the front two 140mm are intakes, the top two bitfenix are exhaust and the rear fan is the exhaust, Need to wait for my hard drive to come back before I finish it off, Will probably be switched round I have yet to decide :)

Yeah, the stock 540 fans ain't the quietest are they?
Probably not the worst stock case ever though.

I've finished the air cooled build in my 540 (barring any problems). Not the most enjoyable case I've ever used. Well thinking about it it might be up there, but I've not really enjoyed any.
I found it a bit small and awkward (although it's a small case so that's to be expected).
The USB 3.0 cable wasn't long enough to reach the bottom of my motherboard, why so short a cable, cutting costs by reducing cable length?
While it's not hard to fit all the cables behind the motherboard tray, I did find it quite hard to make them neat, especially with a non-modular PSU.
The optical drive bays effectively block a number of the top cable routing holes.
It looks like it could be tight getting all the power and other cables through the cutouts if a decent thickness rad is used (I was going to use a SR-1). Don't like the idea of mounting the fans the other side of the 'chassis' either to fit thicker rads, meaning no dust filter.
The PSU was trickier to get in than with most cases, not helped by the position of one of the hot-swap HDD bays.

Overall it's not a bad case, but I think my expectations were unrealistic for a cheap case so ultimately I've come away feeling a bit disappointed with it.

Yeah, the stock 540 fans ain't the quietest are they?
Probably not the worst stock case ever though.

I've finished the air cooled build in my 540 (barring any problems). Not the most enjoyable case I've ever used. Well thinking about it it might be up there, but I've not really enjoyed any.
I found it a bit small and awkward (although it's a small case so that's to be expected).
The USB 3.0 cable wasn't long enough to reach the bottom of my motherboard, why so short a cable, cutting costs by reducing cable length?
While it's not hard to fit all the cables behind the motherboard tray, I did find it quite hard to make them neat, especially with a non-modular PSU.
The optical drive bays effectively block a number of the top cable routing holes.
It looks like it could be tight getting all the power and other cables through the cutouts if a decent thickness rad is used (I was going to use a SR-1). Don't like the idea of mounting the fans the other side of the 'chassis' either to fit thicker rads, meaning no dust filter.
The PSU was trickier to get in than with most cases, not helped by the position of one of the hot-swap HDD bays.

Overall it's not a bad case, but I think my expectations were unrealistic for a cheap case so ultimately I've come away feeling a bit disappointed with it.

I feel the exact opposite. This case has been nothing but a joy to work with. My only issue is the front panel cables. They are very short, but I just made the pins on my mobo. The USB cable length to my mobo was perfect. The PSU was the easiest to install. I'm 6 feet tall and my hands are big so if anyone was going to have a issues it should be me, but in fact I have no issue at all. Very happy with my 540. For a £113 it was the best money I've spent this year:D

Last edited:
I feel the exact opposite. This case has been nothing but a joy to work with. My only issue is the front panel cables. They are very short, but I just made the pins on my mobo. The USB cable length to my mobo was perfect. The PSU was the easiest to install. I'm 6 feet tall and my hands are big so if anyone was going to have a issues it should be me, but in fact I have no issue at all. Very happy with my 540. For a £113 it was the best money I've spent this year:D

I'd be interested to see what you managed to do with the cables on the other side of the case.

Cause it's a mess haha but the front looks good:D

See, that was another of my points. Easy to keep 1 half looking half decent, but not the other.
I mean they obviously intend you to keep that side tidy too or they wouldn't have given you/us all the cable-tie loops.

On a side note I'm also disappointed by the lack of USB connectors, but I was aware of this issue when I bought it. Have to make some compromises on a £113 case after all!

See, that was another of my points. Easy to keep 1 half looking half decent, but not the other.
I mean they obviously intend you to keep that side tidy too or they wouldn't have given you/us all the cable-tie loops.

On a side note I'm also disappointed by the lack of USB connectors, but I was aware of this issue when I bought it. Have to make some compromises on a £113 case after all!

Sorry your disappointed. It's a great case. I'll fix the cable management later. It doesn't seem to that hard to clean up.

You lucky dog:( Wish I could get 3 monitors....well mind you they wouldn't fit:)

I've got 3 monitors too. Not that pleased with them though as they don't have display ports, which means I need dual link DVI cables. AMD however don't like DVI cables and seem to assume that everyone has DisplayPort monitors. So it'd cost me £150+ in adaptors if I went with AMD cards (which I'd sort of like to do). My monitors only cost £150-ish!
They also don't really do 3D with Nvidia cards.

That's the other thing with this case though, I've got mine tucked away under the desk, but if you had it on the desk you'd need to have a big desk to fit 3 monitors too. The 540 has a bigger than normal footprint, although I'd be surprised if the extra width was the deciding factor when deciding on 3 monitors.

Also, I found I don't like gaming on 3 monitors, everything is too stretched.

Ain't fitting in there!

0B781FA4-2BD8-4EF5-83DC-C3A040DCB80A-14136-000003AB79CD2937_zps8bfdcf22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom