Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Retro, you got the hue didn't you? Where did you place it?

Hello mate...Right on the very edges of the case so you can't see it. It's the best lighting I've ever seen. Worth every penny:D

Also the brightness levels are great. You can have it very low or full blown light. The amount of colour you can do it really good. Very impressed with how it looks.

Last edited:
Yeah I ordered it yesterday, looking forward to it coming :)

Pics of your cable routing an stuff would be good ;) :D

I started at the very bottom on the right side and went around the whole case as close as I could.

This was the tricky bit. See that little knob there. I had to push that sucker in there really hard otherwise the door wouldn't close right.

Hope that helps mate:)

Last edited:
Who knows :)
I expect they are better - but they look a great deal better and that's what I wanted.

Agreed. They are 50 rpm slower then the supplied fans, but this case is amazing at cooling. I have mine set on auto to 700 rpm and it's so quiet and cool. At least the back looks better on yours.

I'll do what you did and force that in to fit. It worked for you:D

Last edited:
"Air 540 build"

Hi guys, So Decided to get myself the Air 540 after debating on multiple cases, Previously my build was in a Switch 810. Quite an unnecessary size for a build of my type but the air flow was good.

Moved to the Bitfenix prodigy for a week but hated the Z77 Gigabyte board and the case was too closed off, Can't show off the goodies that way can you!

Build:

Processor: i5-2500k (OC 4.8 1.44v hopefully 5ghz 24/7 stable 1.46v core with better airflow)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
RAM: Corsair Vengance Tall heatsink version (1600mhz, Not yet overclocked)
Cooler: Corsair H100 - (bitfenix spectre pro PWM fans, Push pull to come soon)
Graphics card: Single XFX 6850 BE Edition, Had dual cards but one broke so need to get a new card 7870/7950
PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro 850W Modular
Fan Controller: Lamptron Touch 6 Fan controller
DVD/BLU Ray: Samsung BD/DVD drive
SSD: Crucial 64GB with Firmware update
HDD: 2 x 1TB Samsungs
Lighting - Cold Cathodes in Blue

:)

Last edited:
Got the case today, Unboxed it finally, Nice touch on the Bag they provide, Never had a corsair case I find there products generally are "overpriced" (probably going to get slaughtered for saying that but we all know its true)

Nice soft touch feel on the case front and top, Lovely touch

So much room in the back compartment :D Love it

Front compartment, Surprisingly the provided fans are actually really good and very quiet

(sorry about poor pictures taking pictures on my Xperia Z)

Last edited:

Cooler fitted (Using arctic sliver thermal paste compound, Very nice)

Close up on the CPU block
( I will note that the Corsair Vengeance ram is very close to heat-pipes which makes me worry slightly, Would look much better if the RAM heat-sinks were smaller)

Well, I'm having fun with my case (despite how that might sound, not meant sarcastically). It certainly presents some watercooling challenges I wanted to avoid. Trying to fit a 280 (20mm spacing) sr1 and an old 240 GT stealth but both the 140ness of the sr1 and in one case the extra 5mm of the sr1 spacing has ruled out some rad orientations as well as loop routing (from a neatness perspective of not having tube all over). Dual ddc's in the back with sufficient padding and the rest of the cables may prove tricky, shall soon see.

Still very happy with it even though I have some definite tweak ideas that the corsair guys could implement to really make this a compact watercooling god of a case (that wouldn't detract from its aircooling principles). One of the initial ones is that an extra inch height and length (and perhaps a cm or 2 width) would have unlocked many possibilities with 45-60mm thick 140 rads. Even alternate screwholes shunted forward/back or up/down in its existing layout could help.

Either way pleased with the case and glad to be leaving behind the less refined behemoth that was the Elysium and having a compact build again.

Does anyone know what the default 140mm fans are on this case? I read in a review they were AF140 quiet editions but it seems they got it wrong. The case is fantastic but one of the fans has developed a fault and is clicking along quite nicely now.

Would I have to RMA the fan or the whole case?

Your ram is in the wrong slots to run in dual-channel dude. It should be in either both black slots or both blue slots.

How are you setting up the case fans? All intakes except the two over the h100, for some good static pressure?

Back
Top Bottom