Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

Yup ;):p
Besides I'd had it lying about for several years unused so figured I may as well just chuck it in. Ideally had really wanted it in the top but the 20mm spaced 280 in the front made that impossible no matter the orientations (although I might have been able to to drill 4 new mounting holes for either a top 240 or front 280 that may have done the trick but it would have been beyond tight and made a mess and delay).

Considering getting this case, but do you guys know of any way to fit in more 3.5 HDD's (2 slots just isn't enough) without taking up the 5.25 slots (needed for fan controller/optical drive)

540_29_zpsa141eaa6.jpg

Absolutely love it :)

Yeah, will probably get a set of 4 of the AF120s to match the SP120s on the H100. That said, I quite like the stock fans - they're essentially AF140s, just without the blue band.

Hmm, they seem perfectly fine to me - although I have got mine running off a Bitfenix Hydra. They do get loud when it's cranked up admittedly, but otherwise running on low voltage they're fine :)

zwun.jpg

Received mine this afternoon and just swapped things over from my Zalman Z9 Plus. Love the layout of this case, and it gave me so much space to install the motherboard compared to the Zalman.
My only gripe would be the power switch, reset switch etc lead isnt that long. It only just made my board with a bit of force.
Overall, great case, and im glad I bought it. Quality service from OCuk with the delivery too.

Its quite weird... I wouldnt say my mobo was abnormal. I guess its down to bad design on their part. Surely it would have been easier just to make the cables more than long enough for safe keepings.
I have a friend thats just got a 900D, and 2 of his front fans that came with it dont reach his mobo. Very odd.

Back
Top Bottom