Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Also haven't gained anything. Tempted to send it back and get an air cooler. :(

EDIT - After some settle in time and warming up my H70 is now giving exactly the same temps as my H50 did. 59C load. *sigh*

EDIT 2 - Now 61C after an evening of running SETI... my H50 has never broken 59... i'm at a loss... same fans, same everything... :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Well just fitted my H70, and honestly, not that impressed.

Upgraded from a H50-1, was hoping for about a 8-10C difference in max load temps.

I'm getting 2C different.

57C Vs 59C, using same fans (2 x Apache). :(

Also the H70 was a pig to fit Vs the 50. The pipes are shorter, and just as hard to bend. Also as the Rad is fatter the pipes have to do a tighter loop as the rad is closer to the socket. The combination of those elements make it a real pain to fit.

There was a ton of air bubbles in the H70 as well, just tilting the rad I could hear the liquid sloshing about, and upon turning the rig on there was a ton of bubbles pushed through the system.

I'll give it a couple of days to settle down, see if temps improve.

So far I'm thinking £40 wasted (sold my H50 for £45).

I read in a review that theres only -2 Degrees C difference from using a H50 with two fans v H70 - seems about right (also the reason I didn't upgrade mate - 2Degrees C is not worth the extra £20!!). We can't really expect much as the rad is still the same size - same amount of water aswell so it will more or less be the same :(

PS - For those looking to use two fans - Just use the outer casing screws (you know the standard big thumb screws!) to secure the second fan to the front of the rad ;)

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yup, i've requested a refund on it.

Fitted my H50-1 back in and getting same temps again (couple of degrees higher than what I was getting before, but I probably just mounted it poorly as I was in a rush to get my system back together and get to bed as it was about 1am :o )

Utter waste of time and money. :(

Associate
So, all done. Stuck to using my old 2 x Noctua NH-U12P fans with the H50 in a push/pull setup, drawing cool air into case. I idle at low to mid 30's and hit around 70c under load in Prime, with real world usage it's mid to high 50's. I have my i7 920 overclocked to 3.6GHz, HT enabled.

Aside from the 2 x Noctua's on the H50 (fitted with all 8 screws), I have an additional 2 x 140mm Corsair fans, 2 x Lian Li 120mm fans all connected to low noise adaptors, reducing rpm's to near inaudible but still sufficiently effective rpm's. As PC is in my bedroom, noise is a major factor and my case is virtually silent at all times. The only time a fan is audible is with heavy gaming, when the 275 GTX fan starts to increase it's rpm.

Overall I'm very pleased with the H50 :)

Last edited:
Associate
Yup, i've requested a refund on it.

Fitted my H50-1 back in and getting same temps again (couple of degrees higher than what I was getting before, but I probably just mounted it poorly as I was in a rush to get my system back together and get to bed as it was about 1am :o )

Utter waste of time and money. :(

Sorry to hear this, but thank you for taking the plunge and now I don't have to!

Associate
So, all done. Stuck to using my old 2 x Noctua NH-U12P fans with the H50 in a push/pull setup, drawing cool air into case. I idle at low to mid 30's and hit around 70c under load in Prime, with real world usage it's mid to high 50's. I have my i7 920 overclocked to 3.6GHz, HT enabled.

Aside from the 2 x Noctua's on the H50 (fitted with all 8 screws), I have an additional 2 x 140mm Corsair fans, 2 x Lian Li 120mm fans all connected to low noise adaptors, reducing rpm's to near inaudible but still sufficiently effective rpm's. As PC is in my bedroom, noise is a major factor and my case is virtually silent at all times. The only time a fan is audible is with heavy gaming, when the 275 GTX fan starts to increase it's rpm.

Overall I'm very pleased with the H50 :)

How has this affected your GFX temps?

Soldato
I have the h50-1, it is a great bit of kit. I have it pull n push (akasa apaches) downwards (top slot near the cpu zif socket) in a corsair 700d and it also helps keep the gfx card backplate cooler, i have noticed the gfx card 10c cooler running idle on desktop. I'm well pleased by that. I much prefer the h50-1 than my noctua nh-c12p.

Last edited:
Associate
So I will be getting a H50 soon and would like some advise on fans in a push/pull config.
I have 2 Noctua NF-P12's that i can use but should i consider ordering some Akasa Apache/Vipers if they perform better?

This will be cooling a Q9550.

Associate
Just ordered 2 Akasa Vipers for the H50. Lets see how well it fairs against my Thermalright Ultra120 + 1x Noctua NF-P12 at keeping my Q9550 cool.

Current Load temps are
Core1: 54°C
Core2: 50°C
Core3: 49°C
Core4: 50°C

Soldato
I have a couple of vipers on my H50. I originally had them plugged in on the Akasa PWM Splitter but I couldn't get them to be PWM. I have a fan controller on order already so I have one fan from mobo header with the other on my fan controller. Not the best solution as the fans won't be matched speeds but it works well enough and means for watching films I can turn one off for quiet running. For general use, like internet browsing, I run the controllable fan at around 700 rpm and my temps are usually about 10 - 12C above ambient, with load being about 18 - 22C above ambient. This is all on my system below. Only bad thing I can say about running push/pull vipers is that it can be noisey but thats down the restrictive airflow of the radiator.

Overall, I have to say I am happy with the H50 as a cooler. Temps are very reasonable and unless my fans are up at high speed it is quiet. I am still thinking about custom watercooling but thats mainly due to wanting to put my 470 under water, if I do I will compare temps :)

Soldato
*cast rank 2 thread necromancy*

I'm wanting to put an H5O in my little SG05, but i've run into a problem. I bought my H5O back when they didn't ship with an LGA1156 bracket. :(

I heard that Corsair were sending these out for free but so far, i've heard nothing back from them despite emailing them, twice, and posting on their forums.

I see they're selling the brackets on the shop but there's no stock or ETA either.

I guess what I wanted to ask is, has anyone had any luck getting this bracket out of Corsair, and if so, how did you go about it? I want to do an upgrade but I can't do anything without this bracket first, so it's a bit annoying having to sit around waiting. :(

Associate
What cleaning methods do you guys suggest for the radiator?

Its so awkward to bare the radiator everytime I want to take dust off it, as I have 2 fans attached to it and there is not much room to get to the screws that are deeper in the case. Quite a bit of hassle!

Is there an easier way to clean them or keep them clean, bar using a dust filter or using the missus tights? :p

Associate
installed the H50-1 today, it's first time I have used anything besides a stock cooler :D.
Even with the radiator fan on full I am very pleased with the low noise level, I'v been using the stock AMD fan for way too long.
was mostly easy to install(a little tricky getting the pump teethed in), didn't even need to remove MB from case which was nice.

idle'ing at 32'C, and 41'c under 20min prime load, on my 965 @stock 3.4Ghz
@3.6Ghz idle was 34-35'C, and it hit 44'C under load. haven't had a chance to try higher clocks yet...

hoping that I don't suffer from the same dust issues seen here!. Will probably just take the vacuum cleaner to the back of the case occasionally to suck out any dust and hopefully prevent build up

Soldato
Im using this cooler and my idle temps are around 40 degrees 950 at 3.8

Tried 4ghz but got a bit to warm for my liking. This is with push/pull with apaches.

I am tempted to try those Vipers as they do seem to push a lot more air then the Apaches, is it worth it?

This is in a 700D case, thinking of swapping the bottom two fans to these Apaches when I get the vipers.

Does everyone run their fans on PWM as well? I have mine on full all the time, the volume isn't to bad to be fair.

*edit*

If I turn the fans to PWM via the bios does this stop the pump working at full speed as well?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just installed mine with an i5 760 @ 4ghz.

52'c idle and upto 90'c full load using Prime95. :|

Going to wait till my new fans arrive and see if temps drop. If not, re-apply some TIM and reseat the block.

All this is in an Akasa Eclipse!

Hi

just wondered if you have had any further experience with the above. I was using an i3-540 (idle 28/30c load 55c) and have switched to an I5 760 @ 4ghz. My temps are idle 44c and under load with Prime95 hit 80-90c. I guess the H50 can't handle this CPU ?

(Apache fans in push/pull too)

update: done some fiddling with the overclock and voltages and its maxing out at 70c which is better. Just wondering still whether go for an air cooler.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone? Are the vipers going to make much diff? Am i ok to put the fan control to pwm via bios?
This is on a gigabyte x58 ud3r

Difference for me from corsair fan to push/pull vipers at idle wasn't any lower really, full load in prime showed a top temp of 3-4C lower. Not a big difference to be honest though.

On my gigabyte board I using the akasa pwm fan splitter I had to set it to pwm or both fans would run at full speed. I would assume that it is the same with your board too.

Soldato
hmmm well I have two vipers on the way which I will use on the push/pull config

the apaches I currently have I am going to use to replace the stock 700D fans.

Do people have it as an intake or exhaust btw? Corsair recommend intake I have it as that currently.

One last thing, if I put the fan control to PWM will this not stop the pump running at full speed? It's currently connected on the PWR _FAN header I believe.

Think I may need to put the pump on a molex off the mobo?

Back
Top Bottom