Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

Soldato
OP
I had just installed new corsair H50 and fitted with 2 x Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM Slip Stream 120mm Fan on it, the noise isn't bad at all. Great temperature for 4ghz overclock, far much better than my faulty corsair H50 with a counterscrew issues. Getting max temperature at 70C so far after 60 minutes using full load prime95 blend. My computer room is a lot of heat here, due to mini-heatwave today.

2cq1d80.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn shame they didn't as I doubt I would have bought them if not for that - I have left a remark in the Cust Service forum asking that they do amend the description.

Noticed this my self today while reading the back of the fan box,anybody know if Scythe S-Flex F 1600 RPM would have higher static pressure than tha Akasa's? can seem to find any details anywhere.

Soldato
Hmm, all this talk of high static pressure fans... I succumbed and have today taken delivery of a couple of Akasa Apache's to swap out with my Noctua P12's that I'm currently using.

Anyone else with these Apache's read the back of the box they come in?

OcUK are advertising these as having static pressure of 26.4mm H2O... whereas on the box it's 2.64mm H2O!

Still an improvement over my Noctua's but that slippery little decimal point makes quite some difference - suddenly it doesn't seem like a worthwhile upgrade after all.

Anyone else made the same swap? Should I use them or send them back?

I have 2 of these fans and the box says 26.40mm-H2O on mine. But I see the website now states 2.64mm-H2O. These are far superior to the Noctua's.

Associate
afaik the P182 is pretty similar to the 180 so it sounds promising

do you have any pics of it?
Sorry all i have is this bad one.
http://yfrog.com/0yhpim0987jj

I had just slapped them on to test what temps where like so please excuse the cable management;)
You cant see it in that pic but theres another one in front of the noctua as the front intake.Its fit the plastic holder as well as the case fans did.

Associate
i noticed this only on wednesday when i got my 2nd apache.

the first box i purchased online quite clearly said 26.40 and a lot of reviews state the same thing.

now the one i recieved last week says 2.64 on the box specs which akasa also has altered now on their webpage spec as i looked into it as soon as gaiden mentioned them a couple of weeks ago earlier in the thread and it did say 26.40 on there as well.

i think akasa made a boo with the decimal like you said but then is the delta really 24.9? :D

noctura is advertised as high static pressure ... even goes as far on website to state it was designed for it and thats only about 1.6

end of the day the apache have proven by design of the blades they are maybe the best radiator fan for pushing air through at least in the case of the H5O at least the people on this thread agree:)

regards

HRhino"

Soldato
I want to replace all of my case fans and HSF fans with these bad boys, but it's gonna cost me £100 which is a crazy amount of money to spend on fans imo.

I will just buy a few at a time though so it doesn't appear to be so bad! :D

If my Fiancee knew that I blew £100 on some fans, I don't think she would be best pleased, but she won't mind so much if I buy 2 here and there until I have the 7 that I need... :D

Soldato
Hmhmhm...

Due to the weird way the system works...

Has anyone mounted the Corsair H50 on the case SIDE?

I know the watercooling tubes are not that long but with some dexterity you could hold it there with the door slightly off until you got the screws in.

It could then suck air in from outside and vent conventionally through the top and rear of the case.

You'd have to remember that the case side was connected to the motherboard by the watercooling tubes and try not to fiddle inside the case much after installation but I think it would work. ^_^

Done before?

Caporegime
As far as I can remeber reading reviews. The Apaches are top for H20 pressure..

So they are better than the scythes and Noctuas. (not be a great deal if I remeber, but still better)
Ive yet to try the apaches, they sound interesting, pity about the colour. Ive tried scythes and noctuas, the scythes were ok, whereas i found the noctuas to be seriously over rated, i personally prefer sharkoon fans, the build quality is fantastic, they shift a lot of air and they look good.

Soldato
OP
Be warned over this fan: Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM Slip Stream as I had two of them, I try these as a push-pull, temperature is much lower, noise isn't that bad but can hear it and the disappointed is the awful smell from these fans as it make me dizzy spell and those smell is dreadful, as it smell of jet petrol.

Associate
I don't mind the color of the Apaches tbh, they are a hell of a lot better looking than Noctua's color scheme, they look really tacky imo.
I find the Apaches terrible to look at in my rig and the noctua less offensive.
My case has not painted on the inside though and against a black background i'm sure both fans would look better.

Back
Top Bottom