Corsair keyboard dead LEDs, RMA is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Damn, kinda glad I didn't get a k70 in the end!

FYI what colour was the keyboard, it seems to be specific to the Silver keyboard / blue LEDs

Mines the silver alu K70 with blue LEDs, UK layout.

It's not specific to the k70 model, it's happening to K90's K65s and others, I'm reading their support forums and through other forum posts from all over the web of people having to RMA their products multiple times to get a working one.

Some people have done that multiple times and now out of warranty so can't RMA anymore. These keyboards are still being sold everywhere...

*edit*

It's also worth mentioning that not only is the frequency of dead LEDs high, but the nunmber that die per keyboard seems to grow over time, hardly anyone has just 1 die, they just keep dying continuously, someone on their forums has 11 dead LMAO *rolleyes*

*edit 2*

It seems Corsair continue to fail to give me a decent path to resolution. I'm forced to use my own personal website to publish their lame response - http://www.pcgamingstandards.com/News.aspx#80

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Think you need to reconsider your use of the word scam.

They're scammers.

I can prove that they know about the high failure rate of their products.
I can prove that they expect users to shoulder the costs of returns.
I can prove that they're willing to offer special treatment to users who are willing to make a fuss, if you're not willing to make a fuss, you'll be out of pocket.
I can prove they're willing to ban people from their forums for pointing out the above 3 facts.

If you're interested in learning more you can contact me, I've taken screenshots of ever single stage of the process with Corsair Returns.

Associate
OP
I've made a video about my experience with Corsair and the messing around they've caused me regarding their products.

I am just a regular guy, driven to make this video because they left me no recourse, no ability to complain, no ability to actually give me feedback. Just basically screwed. Take it however you will, it's just purely so I can release the anger and provide others with my personal experience with Corsair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUhRpIJThWY

Last edited:
Soldato
If you returned it to OcUK they refund postage on RMA's iirc, and I don't see how one faulty product is suddenly a whole faulty product line.

This is how people react to faulty stuff, and why some people feel the need to go around issuing PSAs because *THEY* have had an issue with their hardware.

It's really tiresome reading threads and posts like that, which are basically "I've got a problem with X, therefore EVERYONE has that problem and no one should buy it".

Oh lawd, now we have youtube videos. You are basically having a hissyfit because you can't have your issue resolved in the specific way YOU want it resolved in.

What is the whole issue in sending it back to OcUK? UK/EU consumer law states that the retailer is responsible anyway, why are you being awkward with regards to that?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Other than a free shipping label, which was refused, and a new KB I'm not sure what else we can do here. We were basically cursed out in PM for even making the offer. The offer still stands however.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=680823&postcount=16

Hi Princess. We apologize you had a problem with your Corsair K70. While we do our best to ensure everyone has a problem-free experience, there will always be some that get through our stringent QC process and result in an experience that is most undesirable. We of course acknowledge this reality and this is why all of our components come with at least a two year warranty so when and if it does happen, we will always ensure to replace the product for you with one that provides a better experience.

Standard RMA policy has always been that the customer ships the product back to us, and we would pay to ship it back to you. This is why if the retailer can process it locally for you, we recommend that as the quickest course of action. If they cannot help you, then we will always step in to do so. In this case, if the LED's died within 30 days of purchase (or if you spoke with customer service and explain to them your situation), we would be more than happy to assist with the return postage given the issue you are experiencing. I would not recommend returning this to us at your cost until you get the label as we would not be able to refund any postage costs.

In this case, given the difficulties you already have experienced, go ahead and give me your RMA number and I will personally request a label be sent to you, and have our RMA team process you a new keyboard ASAP.

As you can see most of our threads, we will always do what is right to make the customer happy. We're not here to scam anyone and any assumption of us to do so is purely subjective based on your frustration. We can go on about how angry you feel, but I rather us spend our effort on correcting the situation to resolve your problem to ensure your keyboard lives up the quality our brand is known for.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
This is how people react to faulty stuff, and why some people feel the need to go around issuing PSAs because *THEY* have had an issue with their hardware.

Actually no, I've clearly demonstrated that many people have not only had issues with dead LEDs, but they've had multiple issues with multiple dead LEDs, and that not only have multiple people had multiple issues with dead LEDs but that those people returning these products also have the same issues with those products returned, and then the products returned after that.

it's all documented in my video, please feel free to point out anywhere that's confusing or otherwise incoherent to you, and I'll happily clear it up for you.

Other than a free shipping label, which was refused, and a new KB I'm not sure what else we can do here. We were basically cursed out in PM for even making the offer. The offer still stands however.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=680823&postcount=16

You offered no way for me to replace my keyboard without great expense to myself, you've removed my posts on the forum because you do not wish to appear bad.

I guess since you also post here you're probably in communication with the OCUK forum staff to get this video pulled from their forums, for some technicality also, heavens forbid that a genuine customer display complaints about your business or its scam business practices.

No worries I have posted the video to numerous other places and continue to post details about my experience, you can try and silence my experience rather than dealing with it directly.

You literally disgust me, you had the opportunity to actually treat one of your customers like a human being, and not like trash, and you passed it up because your corsair overlords decided they didn't want the bad press.

Proving that you have no actual interest in helping anyone, only maintaining your reputation.

Soldato
PrincessFrosty just got caught OUT! Seriously, there's no need for the drama queen divaish way you're conducting yourself about this situation.

You've been offered a new keyboard and a shipping label, why are you still whinging?

Associate
OP
Yeah you know what, I was treated like crap by Corsair, you guys don't deserve to know that, kindly please block my video and mentally block out all negative attitudes by Corsair. Corsair our or new infallible overlords, all worship Corsair, for they can do no wrong.

*rolleyes*

Soldato
No one's said anything of the sort. You're crying that Corsair won't help you, yellow beard had just demonstrated that they offered you a solution that you wouldn't accept. You were offered a shipping label, which you refused and you're still crying about how they expect you to be out of pocket.

Okay, so you've been told that they will give you a shipping label and will send you a new keyboard once they have the existing one back.

So where is the issue? That's what you've been saying you wanted, or at least inferring it.

You're doing a poor job of explaining the solution you want that they haven't offered.

Man of Honour
No posts have been removed. A thread was merged to make your process more simple. Your video was removed due to the overwhelming profanity.

The offer of a shipping label and a replacement keyboard are there for all to see. It's not edited or removed. As I said before, if a shipping label and a new KB aren't satisfactory then I am at a loss as to what to do.

Your RMA Thread: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123318

Have a nice day.

Associate
OP
No, I'm not "crying", I'm stating quite clearly that they have offered no recourse to fixing my problem without significant spend to myself.

They're asking me to call their CS department in the US which I've already said on record that I'm not willing to call because it's an international phone number which is going to cost me a fortune to call.

Which is part of my original complaint, but if you'd actually paid attention, and your reply suggests you have not, you'd know that.

This is perfectly simple, Corsair have messed me about for weeks now, and I'm no longer willing to deal with their scam tactics, they're asking me to call the US and ship stuff to the netherlands which is completely ridiculous. I've gone through countless messing around with random forum individuals telling me they'll help me and put in a good word, and all these magical dances that need to be done to get Corsairs returns department to treat me like a human being and not just a money sponge they can continue to bleed cash out of.

I'm not going to call your stupid US premium rate international number and I'm not shipping my keyboard internationally, these are some of the worst RMA procedures I've dealt with in my entire time in IT.

If you have some way for me to return my product that's not at some ridiculous expense to me, I'm all ears.

Soldato
If you have some way for me to return my product that's not at some ridiculous expense to me, I'm all ears.

Wat

This is exactly what said shipping label covers.

I think the issue here is that you don't understand what you were being offered, not that you weren't being offered a fair solution.

Them sending you a shipping label is them paying for shipping the keyboard from you, to them. Ergo, it's a non-issue and you are still crying about a situation when you've all but been slapped about the face with the solution.

When I sent my Logitech G930s and G700 back to logitech, they sent me a parcelforce shipping label, I boxed them up and took them to the post office and away they went.

No crying, no diva performances or anything!

Associate
OP
Wat

This is exactly what said shipping label covers.

I think the issue here is that you don't understand what you were being offered, not that you weren't being offered a fair solution.

Them sending you a shipping label is them paying for shipping the keyboard from you, to them. Ergo, it's a non-issue and you are still crying about a situation when you've all but been slapped about the face with the solution.

I don't think you can read, they're asking me to contact their CS which I've prior discussed I can't do via Skype nor do I wish to call a premium rate number at my own expense, if you'd actually read the history, you'd know this.

But continue to post in 72pt font, that makes you look more correct.

*rolleyes*

Soldato
I don't think you can read, they're asking me to contact their CS which I've prior discussed I can't do via Skype nor do I wish to call a premium rate number at my own expense, if you'd actually read the history, you'd know this.

But continue to post in 72pt font, that makes you look more correct.

*rolleyes*

It looks to me like Yellowbeard is taking ownership of your issues, so why not say to him "Yes, I accept your shipping label", give him your email address so he has somewhere to send it and make use of it?

So again, I'm unsure why you're still moaning. He's given you a solution on the corsair forums, and again here. Take it and get your keyboard replaced.

Soldato
Urrr you're crying huuurrr durrr...nice troll fool.

Grow up.

I have a legitimate complaint and your blatant trolling is not going to invalidate that complaint, I've stated my case and it's perfectly valid.

Sound like a Corsair Shill to me, defend them at all costs!!

Can you explain to me, how pointing out that you're having a tantrum requires me to grow up? Do you understand what it means to say grow up? I suspect you don't, I think you're using it in the generic way that most people do, where it has no meaning at all.

I'm not a corsair shill either, I'm not bothered about Corsair, I find your behavior in this situation ridiculous. I'd have the same stance regardless of what company you were crying about.

You also don't know what trolling is either. I've asked you questions that you seem unable to give a direct response to.

I also don't have to invalidate your complaint, you've done a great job of that yourself.

So as I said before, take the offer of a delivery label that you've been given, and make use of it. You'll have a new keyboard in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom