Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
bought a K65 on a whim as it was on offer locally.

Coming from a kaihl-switch razer tourney, the cherry reds are nice and 'clacky' without feeling cheap - they feel very sturdy but i'm not sure if I can live without the 'click'. I had a razer board with cherry blues a while back and it was way too noisy but you can't beat those switches!

The backlighting is awesome - a few points though:

1. the software is absolutely awful. corsair sack the UI guy responsible for this or re-train him, it's counter-intuitive and outright confusing. Razer make a lot of tat but their software is spot on, please follow their lead. Sort out CorsairLINK while you're at it ;)

2. Unless i've not discovered the option to change it, the number keys and others with secondary symbols seem to only have the top area of the key lit. It looks like it's the positioning of the l.e.d so switching keycaps might not be an option.

and a question:

is there a way of making a profile the overall default - I've worked out how to set a profile to default in the software but for some reason the red/white profile still turns on at bootup, only changing to 'my' default after windows has logged in. I'm assuming this is tied to the on-board memory?

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely pass that message along to our CUE team lol. But to be fair, CUE may be confusing at first, but after you get the hang of it, profile creations and such is seamless. But you're right, CUE has a steep learning curve before you can get into serious customization.

As for the profile making it default, choose the profile, on the right side of the profile "Set As Default Profile" then "Save Profile to Device Memory". If you want to have different colors before CUE is in full effect like during boot, you won't be able to run animated color profile. You can only run static color then "Save Profile to Device Memory".

Associate
Just ordered the Strafe RGB with brown switches - it's my first mech keyboard so I'm looking forward to experiencing how well it performs in comparison to my rubber dome keyboard..

I really wanted the Strafe RGB but in a 10 key-less variant with the addition of a headphone/mic jack (similar to the Chroma). This would have been the perfect kb in my view - but alas - this is as close as I could get while sticking with Corsair..

Associate
I'm underwhelmed by the Strafe MX Silent.
I'm not a fan of the raised keys or the visible white plastic beneath.
The lighting is a gimmick and too distracting to ever be turned on.
The undersized Windows key isn't ideal either.

Associate
Just received the Strafe RGB with brown switches - first mech keyboard and woah - it is awesome..

I can see how the RGB feature "can be a gimmick" after a while - however, I find the backlighting awesome (e.g. all one colour bar certain keys that I commonly use).

I messed around with a few profiles from the corsair website and the star wars theme looks funky - will it interfere with gameplay? Probably. Will it add to the gaming experience? Maybe.. I'll give it a try while I play battlefront..

In any case - awesome keyboard, looks great, feels great (brown switches), and is made of good quality.

Sourced from OCuK - very prompt delivery and great cust. service..

Associate
Welshdragon> How you find it I suppose comes down to typing style and preference. This is only my first mehcanical keyboard and the only other reference I have to hand is a logitech g15 rev 2.

There are a few things of note.

The Strafe RGB keyboard frame is a wedge shape which means the keys on the top sit higher at the top than the ones at the bottom. On my G15 the row of keys are all flat so I am not sure whther you would like the elevated keyboard.

They keys on mine are cherry red silent. Now when I type I use very little force to type with but my housemate hammer his keys to type. On this note the cherry red silent are quieter than other cherry type of keys but one thing I want to point out is that it not silent. My housemate has cherry blue keys on his keyboard and with the force he use to type it is very very loud.

I find the cherry reds to have a 'spongier' feel to them when typing while cherry blues are so effortless in my experience at least. Which do i prefer for pure typing easily the cherry blues but the noise would soon get on my nerves. But seeming as I have used it day and day out since I got it, I find my typing speed is just the same and appreciate that I like the keyboard and not one of those couldn't get use to it sceanarios.

I have read online that using cherry reds that typos are more frequent but after taking a while to acclimatise to the keyboard I don't find I make any more more typo errors than my logitech keyboard.

Also one of the major difference between cherry reds and cherry blues is that the reds don't offer any real tactile sensation. I.e when you press the key you get no feedback to the keystroke if it has been registered. I suppose now it just intuition when I type. Whereas with the blues you feel the keystroke being registered and you can certainly hear it. So if you are a type who goes on this kind of sensation when typing then maybe the cherry blues might be your thing.

I would suggest trying a mechanical switch sample board, I thnk there is such a programme in place in another thread or you could just buy your own.

For a Strafe RGB keyboard doesn't come cheap and neither the higher end K series keyboard. I hope this helps and looking forward to reading to see how you got on and what keyboard you went with in the end.

Associate
Can anyone help out, bought the rgb strafe cherry from oc last week but after various times whilst playing star wars battlefront my A button stops working in game only? Switch to another game and still the same but is fine when typing in browser. Tried the Corsair software and that shuts down the keyboard and mouse Logitech Proteus after a random amount of time. baffled

Associate
Recently bought a K70 RGB keyboard with red switches and seem to be having issuues with pressing the same key twice a lot and double typing, some keyys seem to be worse than others.

Not sure if it's a common problem as this is my first mechanical keyboardd, it looks great but typing has become a real pain on it.

Soldato
Ha, that's exactly how I was at first! But like yourself, first mechanical keyboard, I can assure you it gets better.

Consider getting some silicone buffer rings, I've not used then myself but I've tried a mate's and it does make a difference :cool:

Associate
Santa brought me a K70 RGB for Christmas. Quick question:

I've just connected it via USB 3.0 and the keyboard lit up red with white WASD keys. Windows automatically installed some driver.

Now, the keyboard works perfecty and looks sexy as hell as it is. So, do I still need to install this CUE software as well?

(the only reason I went with the RGB was due to the black friday sale)

Back
Top Bottom