Corsair RBG Owners Club

Soldato
I have the K70 red and after adding some red rubber bands to dampen the sound of keys, I have been really enjoying it. Probably the best keyboard I ever had.

It is a shame the media keys have been removed on the strafe, I love being able to adjust sound from my keyboard. Deal breaker for me as I like being able to change colours and would consider upgrading.

The perfect keyboard for me would be the k70 rgb with a mini screen. Only problem is I would not want to pay more than £150 for it, and I get the feeling corsair would want £200 for such keyboard which is too much.
I was going to ask on here actually about the rubber bands under the keys! Did you go for the clear ones? Are they easy enough to add etc.?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Red rubber ones. Easy to install, but as you can imagine takes a while. It really does help, but does not make it silent or anything like that. Maybe 50% reduction in sound or something.

Soldato
Looks like the Strafe could be the perfect keyboard for me, especially with the silent switches, only question is quite how quiet they are. Seen a couple of videos but it's hard to tell as you don't know how close the mic was etc etc.

Can anyone with them say how they compare to a decent membrane keyboard such as a Logitech gaming one? If they're on a par then fine.

Associate
I`ve read that the Strafe RGB has new electronics that actually produce 16.8m colour animation withouth the flicker that the Kxx RGBs suffer from.

I wonder if Corsair are going to "upgrade" the circuitry in the Kxx's so that they perform like we thought they were going to (full colour without flicker).

Soldato
I have to be honest and say that, had I gone for a K70 RGB, I'd be demanding a Strafe as a replacement after the colour issues.

The only thing the Strafe lacks for me is the media controls - I really like having a quick volume control on my keyboard. I appreciate they need to differentiate products but leaving this out of the Strafe looks like a little penny-pinching to me.

Soldato
In the FAQ On the official Corsair forums it says the K65/70/95 won't be getting the 16.8 million colours but you can trade for a Strafe.

Soldato
In the FAQ On the official Corsair forums it says the K65/70/95 won't be getting the 16.8 million colours but you can trade for a Strafe.

That's actually very good of them to make the offer up front like that rather than waiting for people to complain/ask. Kudos to them for that.

Associate
I have to be honest and say that, had I gone for a K70 RGB, I'd be demanding a Strafe as a replacement after the colour issues.

The only thing the Strafe lacks for me is the media controls - I really like having a quick volume control on my keyboard. I appreciate they need to differentiate products but leaving this out of the Strafe looks like a little penny-pinching to me.

What about the aluminium chassis ?

The Strafe has plastic casing , as far as I know.

Th Kxx RGBs were prototypes, released too soon to be "first to market" with dodgy software and hardware that couldn't perform as described.

Associate
Corsair were too ambitious with their Kxx RGB keyboards. They made claims that weren't met.

I was looking for an MX Brown switch keyboard with white LEDs. When I heard about the Kxx RGB I decided to hold off my purchase for what seemed to be an excellent product. It turned out to be a poor product. Not only did it not perform as claimed, it developed a fault after a couple of months.

The Coolermaster Trigger Z that I'm typing on now cost half what I paid for the K70 RGB, and does what it claims to do. No aluminium chassis (a sign of quality ?), but it feels and looks almost as good as the K70.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I know and that just adds to my argument - there's already enough to differentiate the K75 and Strafe, such as the metal chassis, without removing the media controls too.

Totally agreed.

Strafe + metal chassis + media keys + lcd gamepanel would = win! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Very impressed with how quiet the Strafe RGB Cherry MX SILENT is.

The media keys including volume control are now available via FN + function key. Shame they chose to drop the volume roller though.

Great keyboard which Guru3d now has a review on - http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-gaming-strafe-rgb-mx-silent-keyboard-review.html

I wonder why that review says "The keyboard comes in black and aluminum aesthetics "

It obviously has a metal chassis as it feels so heavy but I don't see any aluminum on the outside. Looks awesome though either way.

Associate
Maybe I should have mentioned that the Strafe doesn't have the metal plate surrounding the keys like the K series have.

I'm sure a lot of these mech keyboards have a metal chassis, as they weigh more than their plastic casing would suggest.

It's a shame that those that like the metal faceplate and design of the K series don't get the improved electronics that the cheaper Strafe models seem to have.

Soldato
I prefer my Strafe over the RGB k70 I had briefly as I found it a bit boring to look at and the fact the fulll RGB wasn't working meant I fell cheated so had to return it.

I also missed the LCD from my logitech G15 but with the running the Logitech Arx control app on my phone to monitor my temps sorts that problem.

I think my ideal keyboard would be a gunmetal K70 with the full working strafe RGB. I like the way the black corsair logo looked stood out against the gunmetal, the logo was pretty much invisible on my black k70. l and I think the grey would show colours up more too

TdKnpxj.png

I'm sure it will come someday but until then I'm happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom