Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
Strafe Silent sucks, discoloured key/s, doesn't sound like a 150 quid keyboard, I had a five pound keyboard with a better sounding spacebar key. OC have offered to fix the discoloured key/replace. Great no keyboard for however long :(

Associate
What "sounds like a 150 quid keyboard" to you? It's a Cherry MX switch which will be on other boards also this year, nothing unique to Corsair.

Associate
https://soundcloud.com/arrrrrrrh/spacebar

Judge for yourselves. Corsair are great, it's just the keyboard I'm not liking.

I honestly don't hear anything out of the ordinary. You are bottoming out a linear switch, and that's how they will sound in general. With the silent switches, it will be slightly quieter both bottoming out and raising back up. You don't have to bottom it to actuate the switch, press it half way and it will work.

If you don't want to bottom out, get a heavier switch or something tactile/clicky so you know that the switch has actuated well before bottoming out.

Associate
Suppose ill go first to give an example of the format.

Just a simple red/white ripple profile. I made it so the ripple alternates colour for the alternate light colour clusters.

Link Here

omg that keyboard looks sick, i want one, but is there a keyboard like this without the clicking noise on the keys, is there a identical keyboard but with normal sounding keys?

also the colours and peoples patterns looks amazing!

Associate
omg that keyboard looks sick, i want one, but is there a keyboard like this without the clicking noise on the keys, is there a identical keyboard but with normal sounding keys?

What you are hearing is the switch hitting the bottom of the switch housing. As I mentioned above, you don't have to do that in order to actuate it but the MX Reds only take 45 cN of force so it is quite easy relatively to bottom it out past actuation. One option is to go with a switch that requires more force like MX Blacks but they are not common these days. I would say try out the different popular switches via a key sampler or at a brick n' mortar store if possible because this is such a personal decision.

Soldato
You can also get little rubber rings that go on the underside of the keys to prevent that plastic on plastic action when you bottom out the keys.

Soldato
You can also get little rubber rings that go on the underside of the keys to prevent that plastic on plastic action when you bottom out the keys.

They make pretty much zero difference on my K70 with browns.

I've just noticed why my refurbished model was, well refurbished, and I suspect it was an RMA rather than refurbished and then sold on... the number 4 on the numpad is nearly always a different colour to the rest of the keys.

I've not tried programming it yet to see if that affects it (fully expect it will), but perhaps the switch was installed 90 degrees one way or the other, meaning the colour contacts are all wrong.

This isn't the first time I've had dodgy "refurbished" goods from Corsair. I bought a USB stick refurbished last year and it stopped working just outside the 3 month warranty period. Neither the retailer nor Corsair were interested and as I bought it through work so I couldn't claim through the sales of goods act either. I've had a lot of luck with refurbished goods going back years here as well as in other shops (in fact no problems at all that I can remember) so I'm not impressed with Corsair in this regard considering 100% of the refurbished products I've bought from them were either not as sold/not checked or plain known faulty.

Still, it's taken me a couple of weeks to notice this, so it's not going to bother me considering I rarely use the numpad unless I'm working with spreadsheets, and I'm hardly going to programme in keys for that.

Soldato
Is anyone using the CEE (Corsair Effects Engine?) by Emily Maxwell?

http://emily-maxwell.com/?page=cee

I've started using this in tandem with CUE, this does my lighting and CUE does my Macros. It's really good! Makes it so the keyboard lights up with the sound coming through the headphones.

If you have Corsair headphones you can do this with them anyway, but as I don't this is a great alternative. :) Looks awesome

Soldato
They make pretty much zero difference on my K70 with browns.

If you're not bottoming out the keys it won't make any difference at all, I've got reds so I regularly bottom the keys out. This just stops it being like I'm constantly smashing two bits of plastic together whilst the mrs is trying to sleep. It's not a massive difference, but enough that it's less annoying for her so that's a win.

Soldato
If you're not bottoming out the keys it won't make any difference at all, I've got reds so I regularly bottom the keys out. This just stops it being like I'm constantly smashing two bits of plastic together whilst the mrs is trying to sleep. It's not a massive difference, but enough that it's less annoying for her so that's a win.

I am still bottoming out as I haven't learned otherwise yet.

Perhaps reds are harsher overall so it's more distinctive?

Associate

guys the white keys on that keyboard, is it a mod or can you do the keys in all white? the pics of the rgb shows all the keys are black?

Soldato
guys the white keys on that keyboard, is it a mod or can you do the keys in all white? the pics of the rgb shows all the keys are black?

You'd just need to get some transparent/translucent keycaps made. Can be uber cheap. (About £8 for a set including escape/etc according to a quick google).

Still loving my K95 RGB.

Last edited:
Associate
Got myself a K70 /w MX Reds last week.

Absolutely love the thing now that i've retaught myself how to use a keyboard :p
Every FPS i played when I first got it, i'd be constantly strafing left if I didn't keep my concentration. Turned out my pinky was ever so slightly touching the 'A' key....

Here's the profile that's getting the most usage just now

Associate
Corsair Double shot keycaps

Hi guys,

This seems the most appropriate place to post this so here goes.

Corsair forums are currently seeing if there is interest in them producing double shot keycaps for their Corsair keyboards. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155919

As you guys probably know replacing keycaps on our keyboards is bloody annoying due to the non standard bottom row layout on Corsair keyboards. Choice is always a good thing and there isn't much of it atm, double shot white keycaps would look bloody awesome on RGB keyboards.

So if you have any interest please go to the link and post the interest, the more people the better chance we have.

Hopefully this project takes off and we could soon be seeing Corsair double shot keycaps for sale on Overclockers

Associate
I bought a K70RGB few months back. Lately i have to unplug from usb 3.0 and reconnect to get the RGB lighting to work. The Corsair software is all up to date. Should i send the keyboard back?

Back
Top Bottom