Corsair RGB release date.

Soldato
Just thought i would repost.
Those two keys Dice mentioned, the LEDs are infact off. Despite my earlier post saying they were working, i took the keycaps off and checked. Defo not on ;) I mistook the underglow as working ;)

The other two keys that were also mentioned are working (< >)

Associate
Despite all this doom and gloom I should be ordering a K95 RGB this week with brown switches. My first mechanical keyboard. The crazy in-depth software is what's won me over.

Soldato
Just thought i would repost.
Those two keys Dice mentioned, the LEDs are infact off. Despite my earlier post saying they were working, i took the keycaps off and checked. Defo not on ;) I mistook the underglow as working ;)

The other two keys that were also mentioned are working (< >)
Same here for the \ key but the # key led is on:confused:

Soldato
Is yours a K70 same as mine, my # key also works. Dicehunter seems to be on a K95 with both the # and \ keys unlit.

Yeah from what I've read the K95's seem to mainly have \ and # LED's turned off but the actual keys work were as the K70's that I've read about mainly have the \ key LED turned off but some have had both \ and # turned off, The firmware fix can't come fast enough :)

Soldato
Yes K70, the software has just crashed and does not load now. Might be ok after a reboot. The keyboard still types though. Think it will get a lot better after a few updates.

k70Mal_zpsf99fecc4.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Is anyone able to comment on the RGB K70 with Blue MX Cherry Release?

Wondering if it's worth cancelling my pre-order and going Brown which is already available?

Is there any ETA?

Associate
I had a K70 with brown switches which I sent back once the LEDs started dying all over the board. I was gutted at the time as I really loved everything about the board, I thought it was truly the one until the LEDs started to go.

I thought the exact same thing about the K95 and I knew nothing about the dead LED issue until I started getting dead LEDs, then I saw how widespread it was and my heart sunk. I've also been using an ancient crappy dome keyboard that I can't type properly on for the last few months and I'm now waiting for the K95 RGB with the original sails logo and the software/firmware issue to be resolved.

Looking elsewhere the K95 is only £15 more than the K70 so I don't see the need to go for a K70 - unless I don't have a choice if the K95 doesn't have the logo replaced, I really hate the new logo.

Associate
Is anyone here aware of whether the K65 RGB is indeed coming to the UK and if so when?

Looking to get one for a christmas present so kinda wanna know if it'll be before or after that.

Associate
Good to see updates :)

The software has the potential to be awesome, but every time i click on it, it stops responding. I could program the keyboard this morning but then the software crashed and i have to reboot to change any settings. Which is the worst cause I have these 18 macro keys that i want to program but I can't haha ;)

Associate
Thank you all for purchasing the K70 and K95 RGB keyboards...

Does this mean the k95 is currently being sold now? Is it available in North America somehow?

edit: Found it on newegg. The Corsair website still shows it as not being released yet though and I signed up for an email on it's release which I never received.

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like my terribly sad story might not be so uniquely tragic after all..

I didn't mean to offend, but it is very frustrating indeed. I've got my fingers tightly crossed for the old logo to be reinstated and the software to be reliable.. and the hardware to prove its reliability too for that matter.

If that happens I will be thrilled to buy both a K70 and an M65 RGB.

Associate
Sounds like my terribly sad story might not be so uniquely tragic after all..

I didn't mean to offend, but it is very frustrating indeed. I've got my fingers tightly crossed for the old logo to be reinstated and the software to be reliable.. and the hardware to prove its reliability too for that matter.

If that happens I will be thrilled to buy both a K70 and an M65 RGB.

+1 (apart from the fact that I only want one keyboard). A K70 RGB Brown, with the old logo, and software that works properly.

Soldato
Corsair have already stated that the old logo will only be available on select K70 models.

I wasn't too won over at first but just think of it rationally, It's a logo, Not a huge deal.

Look at Razers logo, It's 3 snakes glued together.

Logitechs logo looks like someone took a dump on the sidewalk and made the oddly shaped balls from it.

Saiteks logo looks like an old ripped t-shirt.

Steelseries looks like a bulls eye with a dot on the top.

Roccat have a logo that is a blatant rip off from Thundercats.

Ducky have a duck for crying out loud, Hardly screams professional but they're hardware is awesome.

Point is they all look odd, We should be concentrating on the quality of the hardware not on the design of the little picture on them.

Associate
Now that i've spent a day messing about in CUE i'm kinda getting to grips with it a bit more. Just made a white profile with a rainbow on key press (on the individual key, not a ripple or wave across the keyboard) and a breathing white light on the mute key on activation of mute.Plus a few other different profiles. Just waiting for firmware update now so my \ key lights up.

Got to say as a first experience with a Cherry switch keyboard i'm enjoying it a lot. Just got to get used to full height keys again as last k/b had low profile keys.

Also need to get a keycap puller ready for cleaning, which will be about every 2 days if the current dust build up is anything to go by :D (think they could have included one for the price tbh, even if it doesn't come with any replaceable keys)

Last edited:
Associate
Possible dumb idea incoming, but here goes;

Once CUE has settled down and users have had time to get to grips with it, it would be great to build a list of profiles / descriptions created by the OCUK community so we know they are safe for download (even if files are hosted somewhere else). What say you?

I'd prefer not to dl a profile only to have the shape of a gentleman's sausage flash up on my keyboard...

Back
Top Bottom