Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate

For most minimum wage earners, rent is most of their pay. Then factor in council tax, water,. electricity, gas, food...and that's most of their wage gone. Essential transport to get to job

It's literally slavery .

My rent, gas, electric etc. is £900-£950 a month in a 3 bed shared between 3 people (that's £750 for one with a smaller room and 900-950 for the other two). It's ex-council, so nothng special. Decent location and nothing wrong with it.

Were I on min wage take home would be £1385 for full time. Add in £25 for phone, £90 for bus travel and you're at £1065 for basics.

Leaves £320 a month for food, entertainment, travel, clothing and so on. Tenner a day.

It really is a slave wage for a lot of people.

Last edited:
It pays not to work for some, maybe make up some mental illness and you'll be offered even more!

I had to give up work in 2011 due to ill health (mental and physical) caused by Military Service. I received ESA for 1 year then was told I couldn't have it any more. I eventually managed to get PIP with help from Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP). I get £61.85 a week and was refused a War Pension.

Yeah, living the dream mate!

I had to give up work in 2011 due to ill health (mental and physical) caused by Military Service. I received ESA for 1 year then was told I couldn't have it any more. I eventually managed to get PIP with help from Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP). I get £61.85 a week and was refused a War Pension.

Yeah, living the dream mate!
Play the system all you can, you paid into it.

Play the system all you can, you paid into it.
You obviously don't understand how the system works.

Firstly, I have integrity and will NOT play the system.

Secondly, what I paid in went to other people because there is no "fund"; Tax and NI goes straight out to fund things, it doesn't come from any "bank account".

You obviously don't understand how the system works.

Secondly, what I paid in went to other people because there is no "fund"; Tax and NI goes straight out to fund things, it doesn't come from any "bank account".
You couldn't be more right, I do not understand the system, a person I know has been claiming since 2001!
I started claiming in September during lockdown and had to jump through all kinds of hoops and it was even worse when I got a job 7 months later as I still kept on getting calls and appointments set up!

.....and literally an hour after the sky email, I get a text from the local vets saying sorry but we're putting all plans up by £3 a month

come on, let's have it then....anyone else want a go?

.....and literally an hour after the sky email, I get a text from the local vets saying sorry but we're putting all plans up by £3 a month

come on, let's have it then....anyone else want a go?

Ordered three 5G just before Xmas and it's not worked properly, they've been fixing stuff in my area for over 2 months and they're putting their prices up... Should be illegal if its not working properly!

Ordered three 5G just before Xmas and it's not worked properly, they've been fixing stuff in my area for over 2 months and they're putting their prices up... Should be illegal if its not working properly!

It's a joke.

Not having the best of days today really. Even struggled to make a decent cheese and pickle sandwich earlier :rolleyes: Mrs wasn't paying for the usual bread as that's gone up in price so we're left with something which isn't bread....it's like sawdust.

Last edited:

My civil partner Jonathan and I have been signed off work with anxiety since furlough and have not been able to return to work due to weight gain. We are both vegan, we eat healthy and we're both at it like rabbits so we get plenty of exercise, we just can't seem to get out of bed in the morning. I think we might have depression as well. But thankfully we don't have to worry about bills as we're both on benefits so thank you to the taxpayers. Jonathan and I appreciate it.

Richard Pratley

RIP V will be able to tell the children we used to have 250g packs of butter until BorisBre*** - now 200g ... eggs next ?
do use quite a lot of the easily spreadable watered down variety on toast

300x300.jpg

meanwhile in Carrefour sunny uplands, president does taste better, though

76732_main.jpg_480Wx480H

Back
Top Bottom