Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate

just need to be out of contract & vote with your feet - go PAYG and be more discriminating about web 'use'

mandatory shrinkflation ratioining of vegetables in the supermarkets started lettuce/tomatoes , they are saying it is not brexit related , but are there similar shortages in mainland europe,
presumably they have the folks to pick the UK crop when it's in season.

The RAN has been outsourced for years; MBNL etc.

And the likes of MBNL will pass on increased utility costs beyond their control to the network operator as they’re on a thin enough operating margin as it is.

Ericsson Managed Services only made money running 3 UK’s network by sticking a good margin on every upgrade/expansion 3 wanted that wasn’t covered in the original contract.

And the likes of MBNL will pass on increased utility costs beyond their control to the network operator as they’re on a thin enough operating margin as it is.

Ericsson Managed Services only made money running 3 UK’s network by sticking a good margin on every upgrade/expansion 3 wanted that wasn’t covered in the original contract.
And you think that has cost 10%+4%? lol!

Got yet another email from sky telling me all my services are going up. That's an extra £11 a month.

Martin Lewis said you can haggle this as it’s not in the contract apparently. Certainly worth a try, imagine they’ll cancel the increase if you threaten to leave. You can do this even if you aren’t out of contract as it’s a breach of contract so you’re permitted to leave penalty free for 30 days after the increase.

It’s only for the broadband aspect seemingly, but every bit helps!

You tell me

The way you are asking is like you cannnot fathom, thus the explanation is of course, greedy capitalists.

But if you actually have a look you will see their interest cost on debt, has near doubled in the last quater.

You can see their return on capital is lower than the cost of capital for two decades probably.

You can see that stock is down 80% all time.

The short of it is, you, me, and everyone is, is getting broadband and phone at BELOW the cost of what its worth, due to competition, because they are so much on the brink, they must increases prices or face bankruptcy soon enough.

Last edited:
I think the issue is, it's everything going up, a few pounds here and there soon adds up to a big rise in outgoings for people.
And when it's 14%+ rises that gets painful quickly.

You think people should work 40 hours a week for the basics? Is this crap country Victorian England now?

Yeah I think people should have to be productive in order to live comfortably. It’s not a novel idea.

What is your version of ‘basics’? You can get basics without working at all. If you want to support that scheme you can start by paying tax.

Also, I think you should learn more about how people lived in Victorian England.

Got yet another email from sky telling me all my services are going up. That's an extra £11 a month.
Ring Sky, threaten to cancel. They will give you free this, £10 off that and half price something else.

They have given me free box sets, half price broadband, something else reduced and movies for £5 a month.

Another time I got given Sky Q for free with free installation!

Yeah I think people should have to be productive in order to live comfortably. It’s not a novel idea.

What is your version of ‘basics’? You can get basics without working at all. If you want to support that scheme you can start by paying tax.

Also, I think you should learn more about how people lived in Victorian England.

For most minimum wage earners, rent is most of their pay. Then factor in council tax, water,. electricity, gas, food...and that's most of their wage gone. Essential transport to get to job

It's literally slavery .

Back
Top Bottom