Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate

Yes so now we are back to my original post, why are you complaining that you cannot afford anything, when you refuse to work past the tax free allowance?

Wage is crap that's the point. Why should people have to work 40 hours a week?

Also I refuse to pay into a society where corruption and thievery is rewarded in business and supported.

Sigh. Like talking to a child.

Why should someone in retail work 40 hours a week to be able to have barely enough for to have a family?

Im not talking to someone, i'm talking to you, you said you are break even or so at 12k, with a mortgage paid off soon enough. Seems like a great position to be in which you then completely sabotage for some insane reason.

Shrinkflation for me is better than price rises. The bigger the pack the more I eat.

With the packs smaller its less to eat

It annoys me though because a lot of the time the packs get smaller but the prices still rise.

Wage is crap that's the point. Why should people have to work 40 hours a week? Also I refuse to pay into a society where corruption and thievery is rewarded in business and supported.
Perhaps some training and getting a better job will allow you to be paid more for your time, and thus raise your aspirations.

If everyone had your viewpoint of not paying any tax into the system, and expecting everyone else to support you, society would collapse. I, for one, am happy to pay into the system that takes care of me and my family, and the community around me.

Last edited:
Perhaps some training and getting a better job will allow you to be paid more for your time, and thus raise your aspirations.

If everyone had your viewpoint of not paying any tax into the system, and expecting everyone else to support you, society would collapse. I, for one, am happy to pay into the system that takes care of me and my family, and the community around me.

But clearly it's better to just do the minimum and not pay into society, and then complain the society doesn't do enough for you :p

Last edited:
No way could have kids, car on crap pay even full time with overtime still wouldn't be enough also with tax takes that back down so working one day for nothing

Not sure if you know, but Tax does not work that way, you don't suddenly pay 20% on your whole salary, just 20% on every £1 over £12570 (assuming normal tax code), you would never be working anytime for nothing..

If you earn £12570 a year, you pay no tax and take home £1047 a month
If you earn minimum wage for a 37.5hour week, you earn £18525 and take home £1384 a month..

£340 take home extra a month will certainly take the edge of things IMO..

Good to hear, meat and milk is only the price it is due to subsidies from our taxes anyway.

Don't worry @Johno please? .... I eat tons of the stuff to make up for @Ahleckz and yourself... Smash burger, 8 chicken wings and brisket loaded fries last night just for dinner :cry:

Astute is the word I personally thought of when reading that... :)

Yeah but you're as judgemental and blinkered as they come so there's no shock there.

Already have. Can't afford to buy food
Don't have kids
Don't have car
Don't have pet
Don't have large debts
Don't have loan
Don't go on holiday

Joke of a country this place is, **** pay high living costs

I am not sure where to start here and on your other self pitying posts... It's got that bad that I actually find myself in agreement with @platinum87 :eek:

Last edited:
Not sure if you know, but Tax does not work that way, you don't suddenly pay 20% on your whole salary, just 20% on every £1 over £12570 (assuming normal tax code), you would never be working anytime for nothing..

If you earn £12570 a year, you pay no tax and take home £1047 a month
If you earn minimum wage for a 37.5hour week, you earn £18525 and take home £1384 a month..

£340 take home extra a month will certainly take the edge of things IMO..
I'm aware of that

Wage is crap that's the point. Why should people have to work 40 hours a week?

Also I refuse to pay into a society where corruption and thievery is rewarded in business and supported.
I could earn that (£12k) by just working 2 thirds of a day per week.
But I like buying stuff. oh and have a wife, kids, house, cat, 3 cars... so on so forth.

Last edited:
Similar post also from @Sankari , you should consider what exactly you think i am wrong about, to be shocked in such a way, before finally realizing i was right all along.

A stopped clock and all that.

I could earn that (£12k) by just working 2 thirds of a day per week.
But I like buying stuff. oh and have a wife, kids, house, cat, 3 cars... so on so forth.

So you're on 90k a year?

That's hardly comparable to someone on minimum wage, who would be working an additional 48h a month for £8/h (after tax).

I don't agree with @hornetstinger, but £90k isn't representitive of most people. You're in the top 5% of earners easily.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom