Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate

I'd rather pay more for a superior product. These types of things are treats afterall so it might make me buy less but at a higher price. I suppose from a business point of view they'd rather sell more and they be small than sell less but be bigger and more expensive.

Just LOL if you base your purchasing decisions on the size of the packaging and not the clearly displayed weight allowing a comparison against current alternatives but also providing a useful reflection to the past for scientific reasons as well as an interesting over dinner talking point.

e: noobs.

Last edited:
Crisps are all £1 now and they are bigger bags, can't really get the smaller packets anymore in the usual corner shops. Aldi do their own version of Snickers, it's called Racer and it's exactly the same as Snickers, 6 in a pack for 60p. Their multipack bags of crisps are decent too, and the hand made ones. Beef and Horseradish ones are lovely, taste like Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard.

4088600265421_0_XL.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
New build houses are also smaller than new houses were a few decades ago.

I'd argue against that. My new-build 4 bed is much bigger than my sisters 4-bed built in the 80s.

144sqm compared to around 110sqm.

Developers have started to build upwards which allows for more internal space

With recent News headlines such as ' Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate ' i wrongly thought people would know that i meant in regards to the current situation, not have you ever noticed it. :)

The manufacturers think we are stupid. We aren’t going to buy a new bottle of ketchup when we have ran out of it and bottle is in the recycling.

Kellogg’s are the worst offenders for this. Their boxes are tiny. Supermarket own cereal hasn’t gone down much in weight.

Though wish house builders measure a modern car when building garages. My parents’ house built in 2005/6, they can park their 16 reg VW Golf inside the garage but unable to get out of the car as door won’t open that much to get the driver out of the car.

Also provide more parking spaces for each house. Children are more likely to live with their parents more as cost of housing etc. Go to a new build in the evening and see how many cars are parked on the road.

Problem is people eating 2 of the shrunk biscuits etc which are 140% more in size than the old one.

They don’t do this with one item, but several.

If packs of sweets, crisps etc weren’t shrunk - obesity wouldn’t be such a problem

Back
Top Bottom