Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate

I wouldn't shop anywhere that didn't have self checkouts.

I have 2 Aldis near me which I use, sometimes it complains about something and have to get a staff member to scan their thing but there's always a member of staff waiting takes less than 10 seconds usually.

I have no interest in using the normal checkouts, it's just awkward, I don't want to interact with you I want to be in and out. I get anoyyed with the people who decide to slowly put things onto the weight thing, pay then bag while people are waiting instead of just bagging while scanning as quickly as you can . Like what are you doing get a move on. The only good thing is it's split into 2 lanes, card and cash/card. Usually an odd amount of people paying by cash for some unknown reason with a queue so a cash machine is usually free. Makes me wonder why are you using cash? it's so strange. Have not handled cash in over 10 years or something.

Also people who use trollies for shopping that can fit into a hand held basket, jamming up the walkways. I'm usually in and out in about 5 min just speed walking around people sitting the middle of the isle contemplating the meaning of the universe with a big trolly for no reason.

Sometimes I need 2 baskets of shopping depending on what I need (when it's time to get cat food) so I'll do the main stuff, get out then go back in with a 2nd basket. Usually see the same people in the same isle still faffing about.. Do people not go with a general idea what they want? I'll go straight to where I know things are through each isle and if something catches my eye ill grab it and continue as quickly as possible. I see no urgency with people, just slowing waddling around thinking what they buy is going to have some profound effect on their life.

I get it in places like IKEA that's what it's designed for, specially with the showrooms that make you feel crap haha. Don't mind people slowing wandering in the there, but in a supermarket get a move on and get out the way.

Fun post. So challenging to distinguish satire in these forums.

Get a wife then you never have to do shopping again. Better yet have a daughter who is old enough to walk by herself to the nearest Tesco so when said wife isn't about she can go and get herself a treat whilst getting bread and milk also.

Win win. I have been in a supermarket a handful of times in the last ten years. It is awesome :D

Get a wife then you never have to do shopping again. Better yet have a daughter who is old enough to walk by herself to the nearest Tesco so when said wife isn't about she can go and get herself a treat whilst getting bread and milk also.

Win win. I have been in a supermarket a handful of times in the last ten years. It is awesome :D

Do they only shop on their own when you marry them?
I've been with my Mrs 20 years and still have to hold her hand in big shops.

The traditional gender role police will visit you shortly.

Back
Top Bottom