Cost of Living - Shrinkflation is speeding up at an alarming rate

The Waitrose in Billericay massively extended the number of self checkouts where there now taking up about 2/3rds of the overall checkout space.

Most are going that way, and it ******* sucks

I go to Asda as it's the closest big supermarket, and every time I use the self checkout and place my bags, then press ok etc (entirely as instructed), it says I need to call for assistance....

It also ***** it's pants if you buy too many heavy things like compost. I completely broke one earlier in the year with four bags of compost I think, as the assistantants just couldn't get it to work or reset.

I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't so quick to fail/say something is wrong.

I swear there must be some many products that have been uneffected by rising costs that have seemingly just raised prices because it's being expected.

If people like lidl can produce washing up liquid for pence, then why are the big brands £3.50 a bottle. (random example)

Coca cola, at £2 something for 2 litres is just ludicrous. Sadly not enough of us are punishing these brands with lower sales.

Last edited:
I swear there must be some many products that have been uneffected by rising costs that have seemingly just raised prices because it's being expected.

If people like lidl can produce washing up liquid for pence, then why are the big brands £3.50 a bottle. (random example)

Coca cola, at £2 something for 2 litres is just ludicrous. Sadly not enough of us are punishing these brands with lower sales.

With transport, energy, and wages, it's hard to know of anything at all. I would like to know why oats from Quaker and Scots (same company!) decided to go mental with their pricing despite it being Scotland produce. They were one of the first, and it went straight up to a ~150% increase, wtaf.

I think most have refused to buy X. But their saved cash consequently went elsewhere to other price increases, be it cars, energy, mortgage, other foods, hospitality, general tat, etc. So race to the bottom, here we go.

We used to enjoy a leg of lamb from Sainsburys most Sundays. We’ve had to stop now though. The size we need now costs £46. So if we want it 3 Sundays a month, it would now cost us £138 a month! How did it get so bloody expensive?

Back
Top Bottom