• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Could this be the steal of the century...... ?

Permabanned
OK, but I'd like to hear what the poster is trying to say rather than someone else's interpretation.
Harry5522 summed it up quite well. ;)

I wasn't 'trying to say' anything, I have no axe to grind either way, merely stating what I know to be verifiable fact.

You seem to have made some assumptions and ran with them. One should be careful of that.

@OP., looking forward to some benches, could you also run Cpu-z Bench? :)

Associate
OP
It lives......

:D :D

HnHNWXq.jpg

Soldato
Erm, nearly no one puts local pickup on ebay. You have any idea how much of a pain that is? Also easy to get scammed if you are the seller.

It s hlarious that this thread even exists. Ebay isn't full of scammers and the sale price here isn't unusual.

Jumping to conclusions much?

I picked up my CPU at half price on eBay having only been used for a few days. Seller had built an X299 video editing rig and wanted to test the rest of the system for stability and IO performance before spending £1500 on a 7960X.

He lived about 10 minutes away, so nipped round later that day to collect it. I've got the original invoice etc in case of trouble.

OP - Nice result!

Soldato
I'm not so sure I would call the going rate silly money, you got it at auction for the ball park auction price rather than the inflated buy it now price, that's how most low demand items work on eBay.

Associate
OP
Thanks Guys

Looking forward to getting it tuned in.

I did manage to get it fired into Windows last night using my C Drive from the old motherboard. bit ugly but it got there eventually.

Going to do a fresh install tonight and see where it goes from there.

I've got a 240 and 360 rad in a custom loop. I'm guessing though that delidding might be necessary somewhere down the line

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Guys

Looking forward to getting it tuned in.

I did manage to get it fired into Windows last night using my C Drive from the old mother board. bit ugly but it got there eventually.

going to do a fresh install tonight and see where it goes from there.

I've got a 240 and 360 rad in a custom loop. I'm guessing though that delidding might be necessary somewhere down the line

Your brave delidding that haha. LM is amazing though :D dropped a lot of degrees for me previously:p

Soldato
Yeah! It’s absolutely rubbish, he should send it to me and il give him my 3.1ghz pentium 4 :D

On a side note isn’t it really a better thing to have a lower base and the higher boost when it comes to power preservation especially on chips as hungry as this one??

No, they will clock down to 800Mhz at idle, the base clock is just the minimum guaranteed speed under any load so long as the temperature does not breach throttle levels.

Back
Top Bottom