COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I hire 5 people. 3 unvaxxed, 2 vaxxed. Who has been off with covid more?

Edited to say they're all mid to late 30's male with no health conditions.
If you hire 5 people, and they all worked in the same office room. Would you want any of them in your office at the same time?

As for your specific question, it would be irrelevant in my eyes as its like the flu, you catch you become contagious. I wouldn't want to be sitting next to someone whos currently got it to be honest.

Commissario
I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I hire 5 people. 3 unvaxxed, 2 vaxxed. Who has been off with covid more?

Edited to say they're all mid to late 30's male with no health conditions.
anecdotal, so pretty much worthless, especially given it's such a small sample size. I can think of several non health related factors that could help explain it, for example if the vaxxed people have more contact with children they're far more likely to be exposed to it repeatedly.

Meanwhile in the US you can see that the areas with lower vaccine uptake have been seeing far more people ending up in a hearse, let alone in a hospital, but even there you also see other variables such as the people who are vaxxed are likely to be taking other precautions as well.

Don
I suspect he’s right that this wave has been more into more vaccinated groups (older people in reality), as the previous wave in the spring seemed to impact young people more.

Presumably due to the removal of restrictions back then leading to them to get out and about a lot more than older people who may have been more reserved.

Soldato
I suspect he’s right that this wave has been more into more vaccinated groups (older people in reality), as the previous wave in the spring seemed to impact young people more.

Presumably due to the removal of restrictions back then leading to them to get out and about a lot more than older people who may have been more reserved.

I would agree, probably because 96% or so of the population are vaccinated - it's logical.

Like those side effects, it's all about the percentages!

Soldato
It's interesting how anti-vaxxers always seem to focus on side effects as opposed to covid deaths and long covid.

I guess everyone is an expert these days so there's no need to believe the medical profession any more.

Soldato
Had a coffee out with a friend. The couple behind me kept their masks on until they took a sip of their drink then brought mask back up. It was irritating my friend who only stopped wearing masks in shops in mid June when we had the hot spell

If people are still that paranoid, why do they have a coffee etc outside home?

Man of Honour
Had a coffee out with a friend. The couple behind me kept their masks on until they took a sip of their drink then brought mask back up. It was irritating my friend who only stopped wearing masks in shops in mid June when we had the hot spell

Because they feel that minimises their chances of catching it while still allowing them to live a relatively normal life I guess.
Your friend must be very easily irritated.

Man of Honour

I'd be more ****** off that my friend was not paying attention to me and instead to some strangers keeping to themselves.

So what if they wanted to wear a mask? Just ignore and crack on with your life!

Don
I would agree, probably because 96% or so of the population are vaccinated - it's logical.

Like those side effects, it's all about the percentages!
I’m not entirely sure that’s the case, I think the official estimate is 20% of adults have never been vaccinated and perhaps 40% haven’t been boosted on top of that. So most adults aren’t officially vaccinated if you accept the “not jabbed in the last 6 months” or what ever arbitrary limit you accept.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m not entirely sure that’s the case, I think the official estimate is 20% of adults have never been vaccinated and perhaps 40% haven’t been boosted on top of that. So most adults aren’t officially vaccinated if you accept the “not jabbed in the last 6 months” or what ever arbitrary limit you accept.

Most? really? I had my last booster about Dec 20th and was still considered fit to travel in late May. Let’s hope they aren’t all stupid and don’t need to travel.

Back
Top Bottom