COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Man of Honour
It makes me laugh that people are giving Dan a hard time, the messaging when the vaccine first came about was largely based on the whole "get the vaccine go back to living a normal life like going on holiday" from what I can remember. I'm obviously paraphrasing slightly but it was certainly geared towards the getting back to "normal" life.
It's probably the only reason many took it.

Soldato
It makes me laugh that people are giving Dan a hard time, the messaging when the vaccine first came about was largely based on the whole "get the vaccine go back to living a normal life like going on holiday" from what I can remember. I'm obviously paraphrasing slightly but it was certainly geared towards the getting back to "normal" life.

You are allowed to laugh at your own extrapolations about other peoples motives, do note though it is like laughing at your own jokes.

Soldato
Yeah exactly. Covid is done now but some countries and people won't move on it's like nimbyism for vaccines.

Plus it had a share in wrecking our economy just like many said it would.

Man of Honour
Travel is much easier now - still crap - but easier. The "b" word hasn't helped (other than those with European passports), but it's still an extra thing to check (do I need covid pass and other bits and pieces). I guess we will get back to booking a flight and that's the last bit of admin you have to do - but it probably won't be for a while until people are satisfied that this is no longer an issue.

Soldato
:rolleyes:

It's the lure of a Spanish holiday which says otherwise.
Two types of Spanish holiday:
. Those who go to Chavidorm and other Costa Del Blackpool places. Don’t eat any local cuisine, in tears if there’s no ketchup with their full English breakfast.

. Those who go to ‘proper’ Spain. Goes to places very few people goes to. Menus are seldom in English (thank goodness for Google Translate). Eat what the locals/Spanish tourists have.

I’m the latter

Man of Honour
What is the solution though? Close the world forever? The vaccines clearly aren’t nearly as good as they were pitched originally. Remember Biden and Fauci categorically staying that if u get the vaccine “it’s okay, you won’t get covid”? It’s laughable now. What’s more interesting to me anyway is the steadfast faith people still put in them, despite being shown again and again they’re not very good and carry a very real risk of serious complications.

For example, nobody is discussing the data collected by VAERS. I encourage you to download the data yourself and look. The last time I checked, the issues logged against the covid vaccines in the last 2 years were more than every other vaccine combined, since 1994. But again, don’t take what I say as gospel - go and look.

Then you have a myriad of people with “long covid”. Personally I don’t know any unvaxxed with this, only people who took the jab. But I admit that’s anecdotal at best.

What needs to happen is to remove the taboo around talking about this. Remove the fear people have of being labelled anti vax or a crazy loon by discussing the very real problems people are facing as a result of the jab.

I suspect that in years to come when it becomes the norm to discuss these things, this period of time will be taught in classrooms about how mass hypnosis and group think works. And how easily people are turned against their fellow human by press and politicians.

I work in Clinical Negligence and I haven't had one claim that the 'vaccine made me Ill', not one. Where are they all?

I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I hire 5 people. 3 unvaxxed, 2 vaxxed. Who has been off with covid more?

Edited to say they're all mid to late 30's male with no health conditions.

80% of our patients in the hospital are unvaccinated.
Luckily they aren't dying now because they're just getting bad Omicron.

Soldato
I work in Clinical Negligence and I haven't had one claim that the 'vaccine made me Ill', not one. Where are they all?
I literally posted hard data, showing 865,000 people in the USA alone that got ill to some degree or died. Whether you processed a claim or not is neither here nor there.

Post: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/covid-19-coronavirus-discussion.18948450/post-35765194

If you prefer, you can view UK adverse reaction summaries here, although the data seems harder to access then the USA set: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ary-of-yellow-card-reporting#analysis-of-data

Last edited:
Soldato
I literally posted hard data, showing 865,000 people in the USA alone that got ill to some degree or died. Whether you processed a claim or not is neither here nor there.

Post: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/covid-19-coronavirus-discussion.18948450/post-35765194

If you prefer, you can view UK adverse reaction summaries here, although the data seems harder to access then the USA set: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ary-of-yellow-card-reporting#analysis-of-data

Lol and when you asked me why I didn’t like your data and I told you - you just ignored me. You are Right Said Fred and I claim my whatever, probably health.

People like you are downright dangerous.

Take up a hobby to keep yourself busy and leave others alone. Or do some ****** work.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Hard data that somebody else told you why it isn't valid.
Well I am valid, I work for the third biggest Trust in the Country and yet to see a claim.
The closest we have got is someboby who had the Covid vaccine and got Guillain Barre Syndrome but if you look how you can get it any vaccine will do it.
There has also been an RIP with the same condition.
The only other claim we have is a patient who refused to wear a mask so the Clinician wouldn't see them and their condition got worse.
They started to cite the Magna Carta and how Covid is all made up etc.

Back
Top Bottom