COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Wife and I booked in for for seasonal booster next week, whole family for flu jab the week after but my son who really should have his Covid booster hasn't got his invite yet.

He is starting a phased return to school next week, after a long time off, and it would have been nice to get it done sooner rather than later.

Lots of at work with COVID, pretty sure I had it again but never tested, had runny nose and then blocked nose same as the time I tested positive

My throat has been on fire since midweek; really thick phlegm; runny nose; woolly head feeling; physically and mentally tired; slightly laboured breathing at times; aching knees; odd tickly cough or sneeze. Thought it was a head cold.

Remembered reports of raging sore throat so thought I'd do a nasal LFT after my earlier post, gave a positive line on way up, got darker over the 15min processing time.

Either came from work (most likely IMO given at least a few days incubation time before throat became funny during early hours of Tuesday), or the 50min train journey on Monday ~12 hours before my throat issues started.

Last edited:
Wore a mask today. Got loads of weird looks.

Least I ain't going to catch a mild cold and die
It's a shame you are so vulnerable, I've worked with a few people at the hospital that would be in serious trouble just catching a cold. Make sure you get the flu jab, this years supposed to be a bad one.

I would say it’s back on the increase again.

5 of my relatives had it 2 weeks ago after a wedding. 1 who is the biggest alcoholic had zero symptoms (whiskey must kill covid) rest really struggled, even with 2 being on antivirals. Luckily they all Ok but have lasting fatigue.

Tbh I don’t think people will change attitudes to Covid and especially mask wearing, the poor messaging on mask usage (should be FFP2 indoors, unless eating and drinking) and same arguments repeatedly dragged out, some still questioning whether they work will continue. People have chosen their team/side and have become entrenched in that belief. It really is like football supporters, no logical, rationale arguments will change minds now. ******* in the wind.

Personally I don’t see a problem wearing a mask indoors, even if I was only one wearing one, dirty looks don’t bother me.

What I am really worried about is if action is needed from the government again, that it will not be forthcoming. We have all seen the mess created by “mini budget” unless your a die hard rabid Tory, imagine mess they would make if covid takes off again.

We've both had the Moderna bivalent covid-19 vaccine booster now. Just the flu jab coming on Monday. I had both a chest infection and Covid at the same time in July and have finally shaken of the tiredness which came afterwards.

Don't know anyone with covid atm, feels like it's gone

One of my cousins has it and it is going around where they live - half of his colleagues are off with it, nothing around where I live though. Where I live and where my sister lives has colds like I've just had going around which no one is testing positive for COVID with.

The king of COVID, chap in the office has tested positive again, fourth time since last October. If he wasn't actually coughing and spluttering the previous days I'd think he was making it up. He must have a bag full of covid that he inhales at night.

It is insane that we are so okay with a disease that you can get 4x if not more in a year and think it is no big deal.

It is insane that we are so okay with a disease that you can get 4x if not more in a year and think it is no big deal.

I find it interesting how some people seem to get it frequently and others it barely touches - as above if it wasn't for the fact they've either had 1-2 days at work clearly showing signs of an infection and/or when they come back they've obviously got things you can't make up lik a rough throat still and/or looking haggard, etc. I'd think they were trying it on.

I guess life style, attitude, social connections and genetics and so on play a huge part though in why it is so often the same ~90% of people in each outbreak at work.

Back
Top Bottom