COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

OH finally succumbed and caught it. Mainly because of her job she hasn't stopped wearing a mask but hardly anybody else does, thankfully as she does she hopefully hasn't passed it on.

Bloody annoying, we even managed to avoid it in the summer with return trips via Schiphol.

Nearly 40 degrees yesterday, thankfully that's come down a bit today and she looks less walking dead.

Make some allowances for age, recent covid infection, breathlessness, etc., etc.

Some of you are so thirty something with the sun shining out of your ***. :p
Not in my 30s.

Most people who don't wear masks properly wear the disposable blue ones and probably wear them nose exposed as can't breathe.. These are the worst for me. Try a different mask.

You seem to be oblivious to people forgetting they're wearing them.
Or not wanting to touch the mask either because they've got it comfortable or they're trying to reduce contact between it and their hands.
I think i've said it before on here, I tend to leave my mask on from just before I go into the first shop until I leave the last one as it's pointless to take it off for a minute then put it back on again.

I just saw my sister for the first time in a while earlier, and she was surprised her recent covid infection (third or forth) left her feeling really terrible as her first couple didn't (it seems you're rolling the dice every single time).

Last edited:
Or not wanting to touch the mask either because they've got it comfortable or they're trying to reduce contact between it and their hands.
I think i've said it before on here, I tend to leave my mask on from just before I go into the first shop until I leave the last one as it's pointless to take it off for a minute then put it back on again.

<snip>

Ah, now I see where the "Panting like a fiend" comes from :)

Had my booster today. That's my fourth shot, third was this time last year.

Moderna. Other three were Pfizer. Currently sitting here on my third beer and feel absolutely fine. If I die, @Zefan can have my stuff.

In shops or just out in the streets? I'm still seeing a lot of people wearing masks coming out of the hospital. Mainly 55 ish and up.
We wore them on the flights during summer and were in the minority. Surprisingly most of the mask wearers were under 30 ish.

Edit: Thankfully the OH still wears them so she won't have spread it around. Well, except to me it seems - I'm feeling pretty crappy today :cry:

Last edited:
We wore them on the flights during summer and were in the minority. Surprisingly most of the mask wearers were under 30 ish.

Edit: Thankfully the OH still wears them so she won't have spread it around. Well, except to me it seems - I'm feeling pretty crappy today :cry:
At Manchester airport, saw about 4 people wearing masks. Didn’t see any wearing one on my flights. Unless they sat at the front. As sat 5 rows from the back

At Manchester airport, saw about 4 people wearing masks. Didn’t see any wearing one on my flights. Unless they sat at the front. As sat 5 rows from the back
Thinking about it hardly any in the UK, most were at Schiphol.

The airline suggested people wear them but seeing as the crew didn't it's not surprising most passengers didn't. It was summer though.

The king of COVID, chap in the office has tested positive again, fourth time since last October. If he wasn't actually coughing and spluttering the previous days I'd think he was making it up. He must have a bag full of covid that he inhales at night.

The king of COVID, chap in the office has tested positive again, fourth time since last October. If he wasn't actually coughing and spluttering the previous days I'd think he was making it up. He must have a bag full of covid that he inhales at night.

There's probably many other people whove had it just as frequently but with such mild symptoms they never bothered to confirm it.

Back
Top Bottom