COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Isn't it wonderful to live in this Telegraph and Daily Mail induced nightmare where 'people just get ill sometimes and even die' and we have taken no measures to protect ourselves (against all airborne illnesses not just COVID), such as improved ventilation, so we can all pretend it's not happening and we don't care about improving humanity's lot?

Imagine if we'd had the same attitude with cholera and had not engaged in huge operation to clean up the water, we'd probably still be throwing buckets of crap onto the streets. What value a modern sewage system? People get ill and die sometimes after all as our wise and esteemed Telegraph writer reminds us.
More hysterical hyperbole.

’We’ invented the Covid vaccine to deal with it.

Also protecting ourself against ‘all airborne viruses’ seems to make them worse in the long run..

But some of the stupidity of the doctors he was interacting with ie saying oxygen desaturation was because of psychological reasons. The problem in Sweden is because they didn't want to acknowledge covid they are reluctant to investigate long covid.
This is the problem when they don't know unfortunately, they immediately jump to 'the patient must be imagining it or they're just stressed'. I'm sad to say there is a lot of arrogance and ego in the medical community and if it's poorly understood you can often have a very bad experience.

More hysterical hyperbole.

’We’ invented the Covid vaccine to deal with it.

Also protecting ourself against ‘all airborne viruses’ seems to make them worse in the long run..
This is unscientific but carry on (your immune system does not get stronger through repeated infections via dangerous pathogens particularly in such a short time period, actually the opposite; vaccines of which you disapprove also stimulate the immune system and are orders of magnitude safer).

What have you got against improved ventilation in workplaces, schools and indoor public gatherings? It inconveniences no one. It just boggles the mind.

Last edited:
This is the problem when they don't know unfortunately, they immediately jump to 'the patient must be imagining it or they're just stressed'. I'm sad to say there is a lot of arrogance and ego in the medical community and if it's poorly understood you can often have a very bad experience.
Unfortunately true, when I was basically dying of an auto immune condition a few years ago a doctor diagnosed that I needed my ears syringed (seriously)
:)
Luckily I got a second opinion, and lots of lifesaving drugs. I'm sure a few anti vaxxers would have just taken death as the preffered option rather than that 5g dodgy stuff in their veins.

This is unscientific but carry on (your immune system does not get stronger through repeated infections via dangerous pathogens particularly in such a short time period, actually the opposite; vaccines of which you disapprove also stimulate the immune system and are orders of magnitude safer).

What have you got against improved ventilation in workplaces, schools and indoor public gatherings? It inconveniences no one. It just boggles the mind.
The recent Chinese scare says otherwise.

As for ventilation - cost benefit analysis.

Last edited:
The recent Chinese scare says otherwise.

As for ventilation - cost benefit analysis.
The estimated bill so far for gp's dealing with long covid is £29 million (I posted the other day about that).

In balancing risks of counter measures vs none there is no denying more people are going to both gp's, hospital tests, and ER incidents.

The government made a mess of dealing with covid in not taking decisive action, so we ended up having the worst of both worlds.

But long covid is a growing issue. The canary is singing the warning. If you don't believe in long covid then hopefully you can see the work force implications as people take more time off work, and in many cases end up unemployed. The situation at least needs serious investigation however it's looked at.

The estimated bill so far for gp's dealing with long covid is £29 million (I posted the other day about that).

In balancing risks of counter measures vs none there is no denying more people are going to both gp's, hospital tests, and ER incidents.

The government made a mess of dealing with covid in not taking decisive action, so we ended up having the worst of both worlds.

But long covid is a growing issue. The canary is singing the warning. If you don't believe in long covid then hopefully you can see the work force implications as people take more time off work, and in many cases end up unemployed. The situation at least needs serious investigation however it's looked at.
So exactly how many people are diagnosed with long covid that were otherwise healthy?

The government is keen to dismiss you all as benefits scroungers and/or malingerers I'm sure. Hopefully we will not allow them to get away with it (the scale of the problem should make it difficult, but it also requires compassion and understanding from our fellow man).

The government is keen to dismiss you all as benefits scroungers and/or malingerers I'm sure. Hopefully we will not allow them to get away with it (the scale of the problem should make it difficult, but it also requires compassion and understanding from our fellow man).
At the apparent cost of £14.50 per person I doubt the government could care less

So exactly how many people are diagnosed with long covid that were otherwise healthy?
At the moment we can only go off self reporting, so for the UK that figure I mentioned earlier 1.9 million (March 2023).

In the groups I'm in online there is a lot of previously very healthy people who have suffered.

I think when there are people who are healthy, athletic, who now struggle to move without getting out of breath, to the point they want to take their own life, there is a serious problem.

People have become overly obsessed about the vaccine and give little thought to the full picture of covid itself.

This is an oldish story but sadly not an isolated case.

CHICAGO/LONDON, Sept 8 (Reuters) - Scott Taylor never got to move on from COVID-19.

The 56-year-old, who caught the disease in spring 2020, still had not recovered about 18 months later when he killed himself at his home near Dallas, having lost his health, memory and money.

"No one cares. No one wants to take the time to listen," Taylor wrote in a final text to a friend, speaking of the plight of millions of sufferers of long COVID, a disabling condition that can last for months and years after the initial infection.

Nobody is immune.

At the moment we can only go off self reporting, so for the UK that figure I mentioned earlier 1.9 million (March 2023).

In the groups I'm in online there is a lot of previously very healthy people who have suffered.

I think when there are people who are healthy, athletic, who now struggle to move without getting out of breath, to the point they want to take their own life, there is a serious problem.

People have become overly obsessed about the vaccine and give little thought to the full picture of covid itself.

If the cost so far is £29m then how is that figure calculated if no one knows how many people are diagnosed?

No one is denying that in some circumstances long covid is a real thing - your story says more about the US healthcare system than anything to do with Covid.

It also says only 15% still experience symptoms after 12 months so bandying about the 2m figure does some what exaggerate the problem which then of course trivialises it..

No one is denying that in some circumstances long covid is a real thing - your story says more about the US healthcare system than anything to do with Covid.

It also says only 15% still experience symptoms after 12 months so bandying about the 2m figure does some what exaggerate the problem which then of course trivialises it..
If you become one of the "only 15%" I'm sure you'll have a different opinion.

I won't convince you until you get it.

How does the 2mill figure (2.9%) exaggerate from a 15% one?

Back
Top Bottom