COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

15% of 2m is a lot less than 2m..
Well now you are just assuming that all 2mill are only just shy of 4 weeks since being ill, and therefore only 15% will end up with long covid symptoms beyond 12 months.

The 4 weeks is the minimum, a large chunk of that 2 mill could have been suffering for longer, and some of that chunk longer than the 12 months. Rolling counts, not a snapshot in time.

In other news:

Well now you are just assuming that all 2mill are only just shy of 4 weeks since being ill, and therefore only 15% will end up with long covid symptoms beyond 12 months.

The 4 weeks is the minimum, a large chunk of that 2 mill could have been suffering for longer, and some of that chunk longer than the 12 months. Rolling counts, not a snapshot in time.

In other news:

Even if its rolling its still only 15% after 12 months..

We also know that its only costing £29m which further demonstrates that the majority dont even go to the drs with it..

Edit - re the link - how could they possibly have got randomised recent data??

Last edited:
One of the biggest problems with trying to compare covid to a cold, especially its HCoV cousins, is that the comparison doesn't exist.

The HCoV most similar to covid that infects via ACE2 has a binding affinity that is 50% less (or more, forget the exact figure) of covid. Unless covid follows the path of decreasing ACE2 affinity as it continues to evolve (so far it has shown no signs of this, except the newer JN.1 variant which has less affinity, but a subsequent subvariant has gained it back so who knows if that is a blip) then covid is always going to be more virulent than a simple cold.

Last edited:
FFS just tested positive, first time for me as far as I know.

So far just a headache and slight cough, bad nights sleep last night. Hoping it will clear quickly , mid 50s with fairly mild Asthma, but had all the vaccines and boosters including the one in the Autumn.

Likely it was the Gym on Friday or Saturday, suppose it had to happen as some point.

So far just a headache and slight cough, bad nights sleep last night. Hoping it will clear quickly , mid 50s with fairly mild Asthma, but had all the vaccines and boosters including the one in the Autumn.

Likely it was the Gym on Friday or Saturday, suppose it had to happen as some point.
What's the reasoning behind still testing? Serious question.

Headache on the first day in my experience isn't a good sign for getting it very mild, everyone I know, including myself, where it started with a headache had a moderate dose.

I was just genuinely curious why someone was still testing. You said it was because you wanted to know. That's fair enough and is as good a reason as anyone could give these days for still testing. I'm not hating.
At my work we still get 5 days off on full pay if test positive, just need to send a pic of the result..

@hudson86 can you send me a pic of yours? Saves me searching online for one when I feel like taking 5 days off work :p

Lockdowns were a mistake. The elderly have done nothing but treat the young people who put their lives on hold with contempt. I utterly regret supporting the whole thing.
Lockdowns have certainly caused the increase in rudeness and impatience from customers. Went from ok to queue outside for 30-40 mins to enter a supermarket, essential retail (B&M, Poundland etc) and other services - banks, chemists etc. To lose their patience from queuing for 30 seconds.

Working in a supermarket during the lockdowns was horrible. Even more so during the selfish shelf stripping of March 2020. The media whipped it all up so making all of us getting covid. In the same way as children lose their baby teeth.

Back
Top Bottom