COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Commissario
Happy to be corrected old bean. Didn't see your reply earlier as been busy with work

I still think it's a pretty small number given the govt planned on dolling out millions of doses and mandating it for 1000's of care workers but that's just me
50k people on a trial in one country, several times that number across the world, that's pretty exceptionally high numbers for the safety trials etc of any medication.

Associate
Happy to be corrected old bean. Didn't see your reply earlier as been busy with work

I still think it's a pretty small number given the govt planned on dolling out millions of doses and mandating it for 1000's of care workers but that's just me
It was a relatively small number but it was also something they required in a hurry. If they had left it to the proper test procedure and a damn site more died wouldn't we be here complaining it took too long and why didn't the government act sooner?

Last edited:
Ummmm, I posted concerns on here a number of times, once a long time ago about the clotting and was told that it was just scare mongering and the people reporting this were loons, looks like "following the science" was the wrong thing to do on this one.

So what does mean for all of us that took these poison jabs, we going to have long term health issues in the future?

Last edited:
Associate
Ummmm, I posted concerns on here a number of times, once a long time ago about the clotting and was told that it was just scare mongering and the people reporting this were loons, looks like "following the science" was the wrong thing to do on this one.

So what does mean for all of us that took these poison jabs, we going to have long term health issues in the future?
Until something is proven it is just speculation.
Are you willing to take any medicines you are given by doctors?
You are going to get health issues as you get older just from living your life.

Last edited:
Until something is proven it is just speculation.
Are you willing to take any medicines you are given by doctors?

I've been having this debate with my mum recently, she was dead against the vaccines, I was pushing for them and the science, also (and not to blame people here) I relied on the information and advice here as a resource presuming that people on here would be slightly (myself included) more aware than the average Joe bloggs on the street, I think the truth is though with all been part of a large vaccine experiment, probably pushed partly for wealth gain and also because we (governments) genuinely thought we was doing the right thing at time.

The problem I have now is my mum is feeling empowered due to the recent problems that seem to be coming to light regarding the vaccines, and this has now lead to her not wanting to take blood pressure medicines because of the ill effects they can cause, so it makes it hard for me to argue for her to take them while having proverbial egg on my face for pushing for vaccines during the pandemic, even though to be fair I had some doubts but I was told constantly that those people reporting issues were loons.

The frustrating thing is during the pandemic you either supported the vaccine program or you was a crazy person, that was very apparent, we even had an MP (Andrew Bridgen) expelled for raising concerns in parliament.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been having this debate with my mum recently, she was dead against the vaccines, I was pushing for them and the science, also (and not to blame people here) I relied on the information and advice here as a resource presuming that people on here would be slightly (myself included) more aware than the average Joe bloggs on the street, I think the truth is though with all been part of a large vaccine experiment, probably pushed partly for wealth gain and also because we (governments) genuinely thought we was doing the right thing at time.

The problem I have now is my mum is feeling empowered due to the recent problems that seem to be coming to light regarding the vaccines, and this has now lead to her not wanting to take blood pressure medicines because of the ill effects they can cause, so it makes it hard for me to argue for her to take them while having proverbial egg on my face for pushing for vaccines during the pandemic, even though to be fair I had some doubts but I was told constantly that those people reporting issues were loons.
I know how you must feel, my mum (who did die with covid not because of it)would be looking at the side effects first. Yes she had to be careful as she would react to penicillin, but in most cases you did have to basically force her into taking stuff.

Man of Honour
you either supported the vaccine program or you was a crazy person

This unfortunately has some truth to it - I actually read the emergency authorisation documents which it seems many people did not including politicians, even some scientists, and the media, but to claim some of the stuff which was in those documents got people calling you crazy even when linking to them because it was against the narrative being played out in the media at the time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Early on in the pandemic, especially before vaccines, deaths caused not directly by covid but could have been explained as being hastened by covid (that is, they wouldn't have died of their condition if they didn't catch covid) were marked down as covid deaths.

100%, I can't count how many were admitted with problems and would have been OK if it wasn't for them catching Covid.
eg Road accident, Clinicians say very poorly but will recover, they catch Covid and die - it's a Covid death not a road trauma death.

50k people on a trial in one country, several times that number across the world, that's pretty exceptionally high numbers for the safety trials etc of any medication.

Absolutely, 50K in one country is ridiculously awesome.
These people need to read up on other vaccines and trials and how many volunteers there were and it would be a tiny fraction over decades.

However you'd definitely get clots if you caught Covid and ended up seriously ill, virtually every death I came across had blood clots on the certificate.
However in this ********* world if 100K people take a vaccine and three people get clots the minority rules and scream from the rooftops.

I mean come on, look at the statistics:

Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia (TTS) is a rare syndrome that occurred in around 2 to 3 people per 100,000 who were vaccinated with AstraZeneca.12 Jan 2024

Soldato
Btw, just to add to the "24 times more dangerous" comment ... Those are USA figures, which didn't even include the Az shot. As far as I'm aware, it was never issued there. Given that it's often seen as the most dangerous shot of the lot, I suspect the figures will be a lot higher in the UK, or other countries where it was issued (India for example).

Soldato
Just a coincidence?

Just another one....
Note the upwards trend starts before the pandemic, to then come in and claim its all related to the vaccine is a bit disingenuous.

Indeed, as is indicated by the shaded areas in Figure 4, economic inactivity due to long-term sickness has been rising consistently on an annual basis for the past four-and-a-half years since the summer of 2019 (before the Covid-19 pandemic). ii This is the second-longest sustained rise in sickness-related inactivity on record, and is only one month shorter than the longest rise, seen between 1994-1998. The consistency of this rise is what will worry policymakers (and Treasury officials) the most: it does not appear to be a short-term, Covid-19-related, blip.

BTW if you read that article and look at the uptick in sickness benefits the vast majority of the increase is down to mental health related issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
It'll all spill out over the next few years. Anecdotal, but I know quite a few young people (early 40's) who have had serious health issues since covid and the vaccine rollout. None of which are unvaccinated. In my group of friends I'd say around 40% never took the shots.

But I'll be shouted down, called a tinfoil hatter, idiot, blah blah. To be honest I might be in their camp if I was duped into taking the shots.

Last edited:

UTT

UTT

Associate
It'll all spill out over the next few years. Anecdotal, but I know quite a few young people (early 40's) who have had serious health issues since covid and the vaccine rollout. None of which are unvaccinated. In my group of friends I'd say around 40% never took the shots.

But I'll be shouted down, called a tinfoil hatter, idiot, blah blah. To be honest I might be in their camp if I was duped into taking the shots.

Agreed

I think there's a lot of subconscious buyers remorse out there

Man of Honour

I also have anecdotal stories of young people vaccinated with problems so the same people who will call you a tin foil hatter will call it me the difference is I've seen the evidence of it in health records so I know it's true.
It's what you add to the stories after is what makes it tin foil hat territory.
Where I'm going tonight the woman next door nearly lost her sight on the day of her 3rd jab and has to attend an eye clinic miles away once a month.
It could be anecdotal but it was hours after her jab.

I might have said above, I'm dealing with a case right now where a patient has had bad chest problems since having the jab in 2021 which we have mis-diagnosed, again anecdotal but I'll join those dots.
They can't claim for the jab off the NHS but they can claim for the mis-diagnosis.

Associate

As you say anecdotal, but they are in the age group where age related illness will start to appear. Other virus's can also cause health issues so unless they have been checked over for specific covid related markers it's going to be hard to prove.

Soldato
It's what you add to the stories after is what makes it tin foil hat territory.
Like what?

Where I'm going tonight the woman next door nearly lost her sight on the day of her 3rd jab and has to attend an eye clinic miles away once a month.
It could be anecdotal but it was hours after her jab.
Same thing to an ex NHS employee I play golf with. He's a little older (61 or 62) and went blind for a month the same day he had his last shot. Fortunately his eyesight came back, but it's alarming to say the least.

Amazingly he reckons it was just a coincidence and would take another. Wild.

Associate
Like what?

Same thing to an ex NHS employee I play golf with. He's a little older (61 or 62) and went blind for a month the same day he had his last shot. Fortunately his eyesight came back, but it's alarming to say the least.

Amazingly he reckons it was just a coincidence and would take another. Wild.
Coincidence can happen, but it does seem it could have been related.

Soldato
I think people had to weigh things up for your particular situation.

There was a risk with taking the vaccine. But that had to be balanced against the effects of the virus itself.

The clot theory comes from the spike protein. So you can get them from both the vaccine and covid.

I personally think covid is a created experiment that got loose from the wuhan lab. Anything created by man can be uncreated by man.

I think the long covid caused by the vaccine can give us clues of how it works. Then we can figure out a treatment before we're all on disability with the government slagging us off as being lazy.

Back
Top Bottom