COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Early 40's is not 'young' in the medical sense. It's exactly when age related long term illnesses start to appear. This is all starting to remind me of the swine flu shot that was linked to narcolepsy. Yet, many years later, the link has not been definitively proven because it turns out Swine Flu itself was causing narcolepsy in countries that never had those vaccines, like China. It's that awareness bias all over again.

Last edited:
Soldato
It'll all spill out over the next few years. Anecdotal, but I know quite a few young people (early 40's) who have had serious health issues since covid and the vaccine rollout. None of which are unvaccinated. In my group of friends I'd say around 40% never took the shots.

But I'll be shouted down, called a tinfoil hatter, idiot, blah blah. To be honest I might be in their camp if I was duped into taking the shots.

I think that you have to answer how we got from a thousand deaths a day in very short order to just a few dozen. After mass vaccination.

Also things have moved on somewhat, I sincerely doubt that covid vaccination will be a major topic in the next few years as you describe. It will be another bullet that missed for humanity, roll on the next dramatic act.

Soldato
I think that you have to answer how we got from a thousand deaths a day in very short order to just a few dozen. After mass vaccination.
Well, people have some sort of immunity to it now and the 1000 deaths a day figure was probably bulls*** in the first place. If you're suggesting we're not all dropping dead because of the vaccine rollout, then why are all the unvaccinated people still alive & kicking?

Recent study now shows the more shots you've had, the higher your risk of Covid-19: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.04.27.24306378v1

TLDR:

"Conclusions The 2023-2024 formula COVID-19 vaccine given to working-aged adults afforded a low level of protection against the JN.1 lineage of SARS-CoV-2, but a higher number of prior vaccine doses was associated with a higher risk of COVID-19."

Associate
Well, people have some sort of immunity to it now and the 1000 deaths a day figure was probably bulls*** in the first place. If you're suggesting we're not all dropping dead because of the vaccine rollout, then why are all the unvaccinated people still alive & kicking?

Recent study now shows the more shots you've had, the higher your risk of Covid-19: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2024.04.27.24306378v1

TLDR:

"Conclusions The 2023-2024 formula COVID-19 vaccine given to working-aged adults afforded a low level of protection against the JN.1 lineage of SARS-CoV-2, but a higher number of prior vaccine doses was associated with a higher risk of COVID-19."

If you are suggesting the vaccine did nothing to prevent deaths, that is beyond laughable and comes from a position of total dishonesty.

Everyone was "unvaccinated" at first and the only thing preventing total collapse of the NHS (And most health services worldwide) was the "draconian lockdowns" people still wail about today.

I guess you forgot about all the unvaccinated people that were overwhelming health systems worldwide?

Or the significant numbers of unvaccinated people who died in the early wave's of Covid?

So what do you think turned the tide?

What allowed us to go about our daily lives today and not keep needing to invoke "draconian lockdowns" to prevent health services becoming overwhelmed now?

Could it be, by chance, the global rollout of a vaccination program?

Last edited:
Associate
Well, it certainly wasn't lockdowns. Locking healthy people in their houses wasn't even a thing for the entire history of human civilization.

I think it was what was originally suggested and then poo-poo'd. Namely, herd immunity.

No, it certainly wasn't the lockdowns.

Could it be... the worldwide rollout of a vaccination program?

If not, what was it then?

Herd immunity? Really? just wow... How to tell everyone in the thread you know NOTHING about herd immunity without just directly saying it.

How well was your "herd immunity" working for the population until the vaccine came along?

Do you even realize or understand that "basic" issues like Measles are making a comeback precisely because herd immunity is falling, primarily because of less people being vaccinated against it now?

You seem to think "Herd Immunity" is only acquired when everyone susceptible to the illness dies off leaving only the "survivors".

We also "create" Herd Immunity through vaccination programs.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, it certainly wasn't lockdowns. Locking healthy people in their houses wasn't even a thing for the entire history of human civilization.

I think it was what was originally suggested and then poo-poo'd. Namely, herd immunity.
They didn't use lockdowns only because they didn't know any better.
Keep people apart so that infectious people aren't allowed near others, never used now is it?
Doesn't herd immunity come when a certain percentage have either beginning, having or had the infection.
"Resistance to the spread of an infectious disease within a population that is based on pre-existing immunity of a high proportion of individuals as a result of previous infection or vaccination.

"the level of vaccination needed to achieve herd immunity varies by disease"

Too slow again

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Same thing to an ex NHS employee I play golf with. He's a little older (61 or 62) and went blind for a month the same day he had his last shot. Fortunately his eyesight came back, but it's alarming to say the least.

Amazingly he reckons it was just a coincidence and would take another. Wild.

I've been talking to her this evening, it was her first jab not her 3rd and she hasn't had another one.

If you're suggesting we're not all dropping dead because of the vaccine rollout, then why are all the unvaccinated people still alive & kicking?

Now this is what I find unbelievable how you haven't thought before you've typed and turn it into Tin Foil Hatting.
Please say you know that the virus has now mutated to a less virulent form and one of the reasons is that we've fought it with vaccinations.
If you can't accept that then you are really down the hole.

Soldato
One of the people I type to nearly daily on X who has long covid as picked a day to end her life with euthanasia in mid summer.

We haven't beat covid.

I'm hoping her date is after June when that diagnostic test may become confirmed. Because a big demoralising factor is dealing with uninformed doctors who are more interested in putting blame on the ill person rather than coming up with suggestions or being helpful.

Once a diagnostic kit comes out then they can't claim its in people's heads, and they aren't lazy for not being able to do exercises.

Man of Honour

Been done loads of times throughout history, including the more notable ones of the Great Plague and Spanish Flu.

Soldato
Been done loads of times throughout history, including the more notable ones of the Great Plague and Spanish Flu.
Read what I said again.

“Locking healthy people in their homes”.

Not isolating the sick from the general population.

Show me the “loads of times” we have locked up the healthy population and I’ll eat my words.

Associate
Read what I said again.

“Locking healthy people in their homes”.

Not isolating the sick from the general population.

Show me the “loads of times” we have locked up the healthy population and I’ll eat my words.

even in the olden times, people understood how things worked

Back
Top Bottom