COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
In the Manchester Evening News they had an interactive map. In my post code area it's doubled the numbers in 1 week.

I had the AstraZenica vaccine and both times at night my mind was racing. I couldn't sleep. It was like being drunk when suddenly the world makes sense. I was jabbering on about everything.

I've often wondered if that was a reaction as it only happened the nights I got to vaccine.

As for doctors not recommending things because of contradictions. I don't have much faith in most doctors for that. Because in the past a doctor as put my Mum on medication that it even said on the contradiction system they use not to prescribe if the patient is on certain other medications. It took me looking into it myself and going through her meds that I highlighted it to the doctor.

Man of Honour
Pretty quiet on the COVID front here, I'm thinking/hoping it is because most people have had it recently (and at least symptoms wise quite mildly).

Soldato
My back is in absolute agony. I normally get quite severe back/shoulder when COVID'ed up. My daughter has a pretty mean cough, it is going around the nursery again. It is just business as usual tho.

UTT

UTT

Associate
By Chinese irresponsibility in releasing then denying the existence of a deadly virus.
And a handy boost to their economy, in addition to manufacturing every white good, electrical device and practically everything else we buy, they also soaked up billions of £ supplying every bit of PPE, mask,test kit, floor arrow, perspex and hand sanitiser etc

Soldato
And a handy boost to their economy, in addition to manufacturing every white good, electrical device and practically everything else we buy, they also soaked up billions of £ supplying every bit of PPE, mask,test kit, floor arrow, perspex and hand sanitiser etc

Luckily they are in economic woe at the moment.

Soldato
Does seem to be an uptick in the local area up here too, but have avoided it so far.

Going to get boosted tomorrow anyway since it seems like we've fallen into a pattern of a large surge every summer and winter.

Man of Honour
How deadly is Covid these days though ? Nobody seems bothered about getting ill if it won't kill you, just the flu bro

A minority still get it badly, quite a lot of people get some form of long COVID, or other degraded health condition(s) even from mild infection.

Currently still about 1 in 45 people admitted to hospital due to COVID and subsequently die it is the underlying cause. (The last few months there is still something like an average of 11 people a week dying where COVID is the main cause of death).

Last edited:
Soldato
This video is clear evidence of how damaging covid can be.. this poor individual barely knows what day it is..

Soldato
How deadly is Covid these days though ? Nobody seems bothered about getting ill if it won't kill you, just the flu bro
The problem besides potential death is the exponential increase in being left with LC, the more times you get it. I've had it twice between June 23 and March 24, both times from the nipper bringing it home from school. Floored me both times.

Last edited:
Associate
Currently recovering from it now after testing positive at the weekend. Its the second time I've had it (the first being April 2022) and it was quite different this time.

I'm 40, healthy and have no underlying health conditions and it absolutely floored me. The sore throat, headache, runny nose and temperature were all very minor this time though. Like the first time I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell but what has been different this time is the fatigue. I can honestly say I've never felt so tired. Just walking up the stairs is exhausting and I have no energy to do anything.

Its a strange bug.

Man of Honour
but what has been different this time is the fatigue. I can honestly say I've never felt so tired. Just walking up the stairs is exhausting and I have no energy to do anything.

I've not had proper fatigue from it but had mild just kind of dragging me down a bit from the last lot, the first one I had bouts where both physical and mentally I just didn't know how to take the next step for want of a better way to put it but fortunately it would pass in 5-10 minutes.

Soldato
I can honestly say I've never felt so tired. Just walking up the stairs is exhausting and I have no energy to do anything.

For approx seven months after my covid in Sept '22, carrying ~4 individual trays of food shopping upstairs from the front door and emptying them in the kitchen left me in a mess, as if I'd just done a huge workout. Tired legs, gasping breath, knackered arms/shoulders etc. I still have long covid now and the biggest issues are a lack of stamina, fatigue plus needing more sleep (getting up before 10am is a massive struggle). I've yet to do a single activity of four hours, nevermind repeating it daily. Before taking ill health retirement due to long covid, I used to be a postie (often pushing those big "pram" trollies that could weigh up to ~125Kg when leaving the depot and cycle ~10 hours per week.

Back
Top Bottom