COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Man of Honour
It's over then right...

Frustrating thing is with a bit of personal responsibility it would likely be a non-issue largely, but people won't potentially meaning further reaching measures are brought in.

Soldato
It's over then right...
Tour de France pro cycling biggest multi stage race of the year starts on Friday in Denmark and already several big names have been pulled out due to positive tests this week. There were ~15 riders pulled during warmup events last week. With ~200 riders on the start line, it's going to be covid carnage this year, if riders test daily (which I'm not sure they have to now).

Soldato
Frustrating thing is with a bit of personal responsibility it would likely be a non-issue largely, but people won't potentially meaning further reaching measures are brought in.
On the burbs to city commute my FFP2 is indeed a rare sight. The human nature desire to take the perceived easy route of forgetting obviously overwhelms most peoples common sense.

Soldato
Our household managed to swerve covid throughout the whole pandemic, up until now:( Gf felt very run down with cold like symptoms, and has tested positive for the last 3 days and was in bed until today. I feel crappy with cold like symptoms but have tested negative each day!
Some people feel a bit ****** but still test negative, it took 14 days from my wife’s infection to finally break down my immune system for me to test positive, I didn’t see the point on staying away from her and we slept in the same bed

Soldato
How long did people wait to return to exercising after Covid, guess this is a case by case basis I suppose..

Desperate to get to the gym but on day 14 since testing positive and still feel a little peculiar, All symptoms have gone & I can almost smell and taste again but just feel a bit weird today, hard to describe it. Chest / breathing is relatively normal though.

*Sigh, guess I've answered my own question and another day or so on the bloody sofa all evening for safe measure.
I'm in the same boat mate. I desperately want to go for a run but GP has said 14 days after negative. I can't tell if the HR has settled down at all either. Resting rate seems to be on it's way to calming down but as soon as I move it's 80+

I don't want to do any damage but I'm desperate to do something again but I do still have junk on my lungs. I'm also very nervous that COVID has left some lasting effects.

Soldato
I'm in the same boat mate. I desperately want to go for a run but GP has said 14 days after negative. I can't tell if the HR has settled down at all either. Resting rate seems to be on it's way to calming down but as soon as I move it's 80+

I don't want to do any damage but I'm desperate to do something again but I do still have junk on my lungs. I'm also very nervous that COVID has left some lasting effects.

Well I've just been gym did about 1 hour. 15-20kg off my normal weight trained and that was enough

Had a go at the cross trainer but 5 mins I was paggered. So cardio is a no go for a while

Was nice to get the weights done. Total BS virus.

Associate
My wife tested positive for the first time a few days ago and just has mild cold symptoms. She works as a kitchen assistant in a school and does after school also. My daughter who is doing work experience in a nursery has had covid twice but seems ok at the moment. I feel ok and testing negative but my chest does feel tight and i’m getting out of puff walking upstairs. Also a kind of strange sensation in my mouth, metallic almost.

Soldato
My wife tested positive for the first time a few days ago and just has mild cold symptoms. She works as a kitchen assistant in a school and does after school also. My daughter who is doing work experience in a nursery has had covid twice but seems ok at the moment. I feel ok and testing negative but my chest does feel tight and i’m getting out of puff walking upstairs. Also a kind of strange sensation in my mouth, metallic almost.
The taste and smell thing was the only bad experiance I really had during my two bouts of covid, I absolutely can't eat eggs anymore, they smell and taste different even two years later, the smell especially is repulsive.

Soldato
Test positive in Feb and still only have about 70% lung capacity so anything faster then a walk is a no no. I used to run every night aswell which sucks. Chest infections all the time now aswell.

Soldato
Test positive in Feb and still only have about 70% lung capacity so anything faster then a walk is a no no. I used to run every night aswell which sucks. Chest infections all the time now aswell.
It’s absolutely mad what it can do to people, some people get away relatively unscathed and then people like yourself really suffer with and end up with reduced capacity for exercise and normal day to day tasks

Soldato
It’s absolutely mad what it can do to people, some people get away relatively unscathed and then people like yourself really suffer with and end up with reduced capacity for exercise and normal day to day tasks
Well they thought it was a PE at first so ill take it. Whats mad though is my wife who was shielding after she had a respiratory arrest with swine flu was absolutely fine yet me with mild asthma was hospitalised lol.

Soldato
Some people feel a bit ****** but still test negative, it took 14 days from my wife’s infection to finally break down my immune system for me to test positive, I didn’t see the point on staying away from her and we slept in the same bed
Maybe things will go the same way for me. I may have already had it, I had cold like symptoms about w weeks ago but they went away.

Soldato
Are such testing methods available as a D-I-Y kit or is it blood samples to a lab? Would you happen to know how much such tests cost please, a friend is driving me up the wall with his "wondering" if he's already had it? It'd be worth a good few quid to decisively shut the man up, one way or another.... :)

Yes, testingforall has a service that can do that.

That will only look for n-proteins. Seems it is out of stock right now at least there but you know what to look for now.

Soldato
My grandmother, 94, extremely frail (hardly eating, losing weight due to this) has tested positive for Covid. Went into A&E as fell out of bed after my aunt came round routinely and saw her there. Doctors noticed her hoarse voice and coughing. Unsure if doctors test every patient that comes into A&E. She tested positive- despite having two boosters.

She is housebound and last week had her macula injections. So must have caught it somehow there. Probably from touching a loo handle etc.

My parents have not visited her prior to their holiday early June. Meant to come up a few days ago but mum being positive herself, decided not to go.

Not heard anything from my aunt since 8pm

Soldato
Soldato
Well they thought it was a PE at first so ill take it. Whats mad though is my wife who was shielding after she had a respiratory arrest with swine flu was absolutely fine yet me with mild asthma was hospitalised lol.
I hear you there, my wife is B-Cell depleted and takes other immune suppressants and she was absolutely fine with it(touches wood), she did have paxlovid though but did have a rebound infection, my daughter on the other hand was absolutely ill with it and still coughing her guts up now

Back
Top Bottom