COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
I managed to avoid Covid since the beginning, but tested positive last Thursday. A girl came into work feeling a bit poorly, looked upset so silly me went over and asked if she was ok not realising she was ill, when she told me she had a temp and was aching like crazy I quickly told her to clear off home but it was too late. She went home and tested positive and me a few days later :rolleyes: I was really annoyed as what the hell was she thinking coming to the office when we are able to WFH! Complete stupidity!

What's annoying is I'd been waiting a few years to have an op I was supposed to have on Monday but there's that 7 week rule around routine op's and Covid.

Still cant taste / smell much. I have a chemically smell up my nose, kind of smells like fresh silicone sealant. I agree with the comments about the taste thing being really annoying. I was going to cheer myself up by ordering a pizza but thought what's the point. It'll taste rubbish :(

tomorrow will be 7 days sick, are sick notes required for Covid like anything else if you've been off over 7 days? I've read about isolation notes but not sure they cover sickness with your employer? I'm honestly not sure I'll be feeling ok for work as I cant stand / sit up for long without getting dizzy and sweaty and I'm still testing positive with faint lines but trying to get a sick note from my GP so I get paid my absence will be near impossible. My GP surgery is even more useless than the rest of the countries seem to be. I've been more worried about my absence from work than actually recovering.

Soldato
Our household managed to swerve covid throughout the whole pandemic, up until now:( Gf felt very run down with cold like symptoms, and has tested positive for the last 3 days and was in bed until today. I feel crappy with cold like symptoms but have tested negative each day!

Man of Honour
I was really annoyed as what the hell was she thinking coming to the office when we are able to WFH! Complete stupidity!

Same with these people that come into work, face mask on (at least there is that), announce to everyone their partner or whatever has COVID and there is a chance they might have it but then hang around everyone, come up close to talk to people and don't take the hint when you try to make space, etc. etc.

Caporegime
I'm back from Madrid feel rough as. It's day 2 of feeling rough. But not positive yet.

It's either a cold or covid. But I also have an dodgy feeling in my stomach. Which is making me not hungry at all.

It's first time I've mixed with a massive number of people since 2019 as work from home.

Soldato
I'm back from Madrid feel rough as. It's day 2 of feeling rough. But not positive yet.

It's either a cold or covid. But I also have an dodgy feeling in my stomach. Which is making me not hungry at all.

It's first time I've mixed with a massive number of people since 2019 as work from home.
Fingers crossed you're OK but a few work trips post-lockdown got me pretty lethargic/run down.

Caporegime
Fingers crossed you're OK but a few work trips post-lockdown got me pretty lethargic/run down.

It's already progressed.
Now it's less headache/stomach and more sinus/cough .

I usually burn through illnesses quicker than most people. So hoping it's same here.

According to ONS tests since having vaccine I've had "very high" antibody counts. Apparently unusual if you haven't had it. But I've been tested every month by blood and sinus in a lab.

Soldato
It's already progressed.
Now it's less headache/stomach and more sinus/cough .

I usually burn through illnesses quicker than most people. So hoping it's same here.

According to ONS tests since having vaccine I've had "very high" antibody counts. Apparently unusual if you haven't had it. But I've been tested every month by blood and sinus in a lab.

They should be able to differentiate between spike protein (vaccine) and n-protein (virus) antibodies, though. Having a large amount of n-proteins is a sure fire tell that you've been infected.

Permabanned
They should be able to differentiate between spike protein (vaccine) and n-protein (virus) antibodies, though. Having a large amount of n-proteins is a sure fire tell that you've been infected.

Are such testing methods available as a D-I-Y kit or is it blood samples to a lab? Would you happen to know how much such tests cost please, a friend is driving me up the wall with his "wondering" if he's already had it? It'd be worth a good few quid to decisively shut the man up, one way or another.... :)

Soldato
How long did people wait to return to exercising after Covid, guess this is a case by case basis I suppose..

Desperate to get to the gym but on day 14 since testing positive and still feel a little peculiar, All symptoms have gone & I can almost smell and taste again but just feel a bit weird today, hard to describe it. Chest / breathing is relatively normal though.

*Sigh, guess I've answered my own question and another day or so on the bloody sofa all evening for safe measure.

Soldato
How long did people wait to return to exercising after Covid, guess this is a case by case basis I suppose..

Desperate to get to the gym but on day 14 since testing positive and still feel a little peculiar, All symptoms have gone & I can almost smell and taste again but just feel a bit weird today, hard to describe it. Chest / breathing is relatively normal though.

*Sigh, guess I've answered my own question and another day or so on the bloody sofa all evening for safe measure.

Just go and see how you get on. Don't go mental obviously.

Associate
So you didn't have to show Covid vaccination status or a negative test at check in and when you arrived in Thailand?
No. I just needed to show the thai pass qr code, and as of the 1st of july you dont even need to do that.
Yes they're doing well, only 2000-3000 new cases a day and 30,000 deaths.
Wasn't we at 500,000 cases a day at one point? And unofficially it was at least double that.
only aids to worry about then.
I'm more likely to get bitten by a stray dog than get with a ladyboy, so i guess i should he worried about rabies too?
He's in Thailand, I imagine the messaging and level of infection is slightly different there. So he may well hear nothing about it until he logs in here.
The most sensible post I've read in this thread all week
Who on earth goes on holiday to Thailand to actively log on and check a computer forum to see what’s going on in the covid thread :cry:
Why would I not go on the internet on my phone on a 2 month vacation?

Back
Top Bottom