COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Man of Honour
Hopefully between vaccinations and previous infections more people than not have enough immune training to it now to reduce severity at least for awhile. It is hard to tell what is going on with it at the moment.

Well it's been 2 years since our last jabs so we're now relying on our immune systems. Probably not what you want to hear... :o

Associate
Hopefully between vaccinations and previous infections more people than not have enough immune training to it now to reduce severity at least for awhile. It is hard to tell what is going on with it at the moment.
It's a weird one - vaccinations & previous infections are more than likely helping but i've always seen Covid affect people so differently - some people are hardly affected and others it really knocks them on their arse. One thing for sure is that Covid will be the subject of a lot of peoples PHDs for many years to come imo

Man of Honour
It's a weird one - vaccinations & previous infections are more than likely helping but i've always seen Covid affect people so differently - some people are hardly affected and others it really knocks them on their arse. One thing for sure is that Covid will be the subject of a lot of peoples PHDs for many years to come imo

Personally I think it is because COVID can infect cells across a wider variety of the body compared to many similar diseases, doing inflammation damage in those organs - if someone is borderline for an existing condition, that maybe they don't even know, COVID can push it over the edge either temporarily or permanently. Personally I had the main symptoms relatively briefly but it got my digestive system and I think in hindsight slightly infected my kidneys and that really was unpleasant for a few days.

Commissario
Well it's been 2 years since our last jabs so we're now relying on our immune systems. Probably not what you want to hear... :o
I got a jab yesterday having had to ring up to find out if i was eligible and it turned out I was under two criteria*, and the pharmacist doing them was saying it's actually easier to get covid jabs this year than flu jabs.

*The messaging on the jabs this year has been rubbish, I checked 6 weeks ago when i booked my dad's and I wasn't.

Don
That guys twitter feed is something else.

Edit:
Less of the sensational made up twitter posting

Brangefält suggests that a possible reason for this is that she participated in two major competitions, the Transvulcania 48k and the WMTRC 45k, with a break of less than one month.

Associate
seems strange to kill yourself because you've a fast heart rate which could be easily fixed with beta blockers or in extreme cases an av node ablation and a pacemaker, its not like its a rare problem since tons of people have heart arrythmias.

Man of Honour
We've had people at work develop that condition from COVID, not 120+ resting but even slight exertion would do it, but they've all recovered within 6 months. One still has to carry a medical bag around with them though.

Soldato
seems strange to kill yourself because you've a fast heart rate which could be easily fixed with beta blockers or in extreme cases an av node ablation and a pacemaker, its not like its a rare problem since tons of people have heart arrythmias.
I think a lot of it is perspective.

If someone is used to being extremely fit and then they get a condition, that I've heard in Scandinavia the doctors hardly acknowledge, then the impact is greater than on a regular person.

They are in limbo for an undetermined duration.

Soldato
We've had people at work develop that condition from COVID, not 120+ resting but even slight exertion would do it, but they've all recovered within 6 months. One still has to carry a medical bag around with them though.
There is a connection between covid and pots. Eventually it clears up, especially the heart rate. But it can last over a year for some people.

I've been hearing in Scandinavian countries anything covid related is being suppressed. So I'm not sure what help that girl could have got. It sounds like she didn't get any proper treatment.

Man of Honour
I'm in a hotel in Llandudno and last night a woman told her sad story.
Feb 2021 she was taken into ICU with COVID and spent 77 days in there.
She lost all her hair and then spent another 6 months in hospital with terrible conditions which she suffers with today.
Now this is the really stupid bit, because of how ill she was from COVID she and her family have all refused the jab :eek:
She's been told that if she gets it again it could kill her.
Somebody pointed out that surely seeing her suffer would make any sane person have the jab but her family had somehow looked at it another way.
Unbelievable.

Soldato
I'm in a hotel in Llandudno and last night a woman told her sad story.
Feb 2021 she was taken into ICU with COVID and spent 77 days in there.
She lost all her hair and then spent another 6 months in hospital with terrible conditions which she suffers with today.
Now this is the really stupid bit, because of how ill she was from COVID she and her family have all refused the jab :eek:
She's been told that if she gets it again it could kill her.
Somebody pointed out that surely seeing her suffer would make any sane person have the jab but her family had somehow looked at it another way.
Unbelievable.
Her name is probably Burrows

Suspended
There are potentially scenarios in-between that to be fair, but in an actual apocalyptic scenario yeah you are better being prepared to go to ground and live off the land kind of thing.

COVID had a very real prospect of being a highly disruptive disease on society though, where essential services might have been impossible to maintain for weeks until we'd adapted around/to it, etc. fortunately it didn't pan out like that so far.

I'll take the SG 550 and trusty glock and head for somewhere with strong gun laws then I'll finally be king!!!!..... Realistically we'd just close the borders all the army would be jerking themselves off with finally having something to do and we'd deport all the Germans. :D :D

Soldato
I got a jab yesterday having had to ring up to find out if i was eligible and it turned out I was under two criteria*, and the pharmacist doing them was saying it's actually easier to get covid jabs this year than flu jabs.
*The messaging on the jabs this year has been rubbish, I checked 6 weeks ago when i booked my dad's and I wasn't.
I'm not eligible at least I don't think I am, there are unannounced vaccination mobile drop in centres though when you can just turn up take a ticket wait in turn one of the local libraries does it saturday afternoons keep meaning to call in. Why they don't publicize them I'm not sure

Soldato
I know someone who has had COVID 4 times. They are up to date with jabs as well. Can you get the same strain only once and each 4 times was a different kind?

Back
Top Bottom