COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Dr Sara Kayat, practising GP, degrees in Medicine and Physiology:

"...after 12 days from the first vaccination of the AstraZeneca vaccine, you are 100% effective against hospitalisation and death..."

This was broadcast on This Morning to an audience of around 1.6 million people.

Oh hang on, she's the wrong type of "proper professional", isn't she?

How about straight from the manufacturer of the vaccine, surely they wouldn't make such a claim, would they?

Oh...https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...he-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html#
Don't you understand that the virus mutated very fast because we let it spread like wildfire in the countries that had useless lying politicians like Trump and Johnson? That vaccine efficacy would have been against the original virus that was quickly superseded by new variants which were more immune system and vaccine evasive.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Yes she is the wrong sort, do I need to point out why?
if your car is faulty would you listen to a mechanic or a footballer?

How about straight from the manufacturer of the vaccine, surely they wouldn't make such a claim, would they?

Oh...https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...he-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html#

You haven't understood it - first sentence tells you it isn't 100% :)

Increased efficacy with longer inter-dose interval

Protection of over 70% starting after a first dose

First indication of reduction in disease transmission of up to 67%

Soldato
He

"...after 12 days from the first vaccination of the AstraZeneca vaccine, you are 100% effective against hospitalisation and death..."

He's gonna reply saying he said "safe", not "effective".

Honestly, it's a waste of time. These people are so far gone it's quite literally a waste of time to engage. Truly blinkered, cult like behaviour.

Soldato
Yes she is the wrong sort, do I need to point out why?
if your car is faulty would you listen to a mechanic or a footballer?

You haven't understood it - first sentence tells you it isn't 100% :)

Increased efficacy with longer inter-dose interval

Protection of over 70% starting after a first dose

First indication of reduction in disease transmission of up to 67%

You do realise the average IQ in the UK is 99 right? The average Joe reads a headline ("COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca confirms 100% protection against severe disease"), or drinks in the news. That's it. To think people have:

A) the time
B) the energy
C) the access
D) the mental capacity

to hunt out a TRUE medical professional, and ask appropriate questions to make their own mind up is just laughable.

The punter on the street does what the telly tells him to, or was on good morning Britain. And overwhelmingly the message that was driven home was you're going to kill Granny if you don't take the shot. And that they were SAFE AND EFFECTIVE.

Quite simply, they were neither. Nor did they stop the spread, which renders the granny argument moot.

Yet here we are, years later arguing about it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You do realise the average IQ in the UK is 99 right? The average Joe reads a headline, or drinks in the news. That's it. To think people have:

So you've just admitted it, you only read a headline and make a judgement on that :)
You are golden :)
Honestly, it's a waste of time. You people are so far gone it's quite literally a waste of time to engage. Truly blinkered, cult like behaviour.

Associate
You do realise the average IQ in the UK is 99 right? The average Joe reads a headline ("COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca confirms 100% protection against severe disease"), or drinks in the news. That's it. To think people have:

A) the time
B) the energy
C) the access
D) the mental capacity

to hunt out a TRUE medical professional, and ask appropriate questions to make their own mind up is just laughable.

The punter on the street does what the telly tells him to, or was on good morning Britain. And overwhelmingly the message that was driven home was you're going to kill Granny if you don't take the shot. And that they were SAFE AND EFFECTIVE.

Quite simply, they were neither. Nor did they stop the spread, which renders the granny argument moot.

Yet here we are, years later arguing about it.
I'm a punter on the street and I try to make an informed choice on things and not what is on Good Morning as I never watch it. I also have a good general knowledge on how things work.

Soldato
I'm a punter on the street and I try to make an informed choice on things and not what is on Good Morning as I never watch it. I also have a good general knowledge on how things work.
By the way - that post wasn't meant to bash the average person on the street. The simple fact is that most people don't have the inclination to take deep dives into every subject, so they rely on what they perceive to be trusted sources to tell them what's up.

Those sources pedalled a load of nonsense for years. Simple as that.
but the stupid thing is he's admitted to only making judgements on an headline :)
What are you talking about? I said the AVERAGE JOE makes judgements on headlines. If you're calling me average ... Im in the top 1% earners in UK with 137 IQ (99th percentile?). Keep calling me stupid though if it makes you feel better.

I actually cringed writing that.

Last edited:
Associate
By the way - that post wasn't meant to bash the average person on the street. The simple fact is that most people don't have the inclination to take deep dives into every subject, so they rely on what they perceive to be trusted sources to tell them what's up.

Those sources pedalled a load of nonsense for years. Simple as that.

What are you talking about? I said the AVERAGE JOE makes judgements on headlines. If you're calling me average ... Im in the top 1% earners in UK with 137 IQ (99th percentile?). Keep calling me stupid though if it makes you feel better.

Btw, I actually cringed writing that.
Some of the people with IQ's a lot higher than you have believed in some really wacky ideas.

Man of Honour

We've found our Gucci Belt owner :)
Well it seems you need to do your homework, my brother in law is a Professor but can only just tie his shoelaces.
You may be amazing in your field of work and this is why you should stay out of stuff you have zero idea about or can't comprehend.

And you should cringe, not because of your outburst but because you are so far down the rabbit hole in your cult.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll tell you what... Please visit the VAERS site and use their CDC Wonder query tool.

Select 2022. And run a query on all adverse reactions for Flu shots vs Covid shots. Come back and tell me these covid shots are anywhere near safe.

To save you the trouble I just did it, but please verify (I bet you won't).

- In 2022 in the USA, there were 145 million Covid Shots administered, with 211,116 reported adverse reactions (0.14559% reaction rate)
- In 2022 in the USA, there were 157.72 million Flu Shots administered, with 9,312 reported adverse reactions (0.00590% reaction rate)

So, you're 24.6 times more likely to suffer an adverse reaction to a Covid shot as a Flu shot. Extrapolate that percentage to the UK population, and you have just under 100,000 people who suffered as a direct result of taking a shot. Please remember these are only reported issues. How many more went unreported? This is speculative, but I'd guess 2-3x more?

Please look and use the tool. And come back here and tell me they're safe, or even in the same ballpark as other more traditional vaccines.

Once you've done that (which you won't), we can both conclude these shots are NOT SAFE and NOT EFFECTIVE, and we can stop arguing. You could argue they're comparatively safe, as opposed to playing Russian roulette and I'd agree with you. But compared to traditional vaccines, they're on a different level of danger.

This isn't my opinion. It's not my made-up stats. It's not a link to a wacky article. It's hard data which is free for everyone to use.

If you can honestly look at that this, and know what you know now about the vaccine efficacy (it's garbage) and still argue the point, you're a lost, brainwashed cause.

You're doing my head in, mate.

The public were told at large to report any side effects - ANY, due to the covid jabs. That means the tiniest sore arm or anything like that. It looks like the public did indeed do that. You're using these self reported stats as some kind of gotcha without admitting to or factoring in the parts that makes this dataset completely unreliable to draw conclusions from.

The fact the flu jabs only have 9.3k reports vs 157mil shots should tell you something's not right, because the Flu jab makes most people feel a bit crap after taking it... enough to be encouraged to report if it were a covid jab.

Last edited:
Soldato

Do you think the virus circulating today, or last year, or even when Delta showed up, is the same virus as the ones the initial shots were made for?

Think carefully now, and you might have an answer.

UTT

UTT

Associate
Apart from the fact this 'vaccine' neither prevented you catching or spreading any variation of covid, its also the one that was mandatory for care home workers and a cats **** hair from being mandatory for all health care workers. It was necessary for travel so restricted your movement and led to some countries fining people that declined it and also actively making life hard, ala macron, Biden, trudeax etc

I think that set it apart from any 'vaccine' in history and also justifies further examination of it!

Man of Honour
Apart from the fact this 'vaccine' neither prevented you catching or spreading any variation of covid, its also the one that was mandatory for care home workers and a cats **** hair from being mandatory for all health care workers. It was necessary for travel so restricted your movement and led to some countries fining people that declined it and also actively making life hard, ala macron, Biden, trudeax etc

I think that set it apart from any 'vaccine' in history and also justifies further examination of it!

I do regret having it but I don't regret the 6 weeks I had travelling during covid to see my family. Having to do the paperwork just to leave the country and enter another country was hell with the vaccine I dread to think how hard it would have been without it. Was it worth putting my health at risk by taking an untested vaccine? Who knows. But it's all in the past now which is good. Office is busy again, people are mingling and we're still able to do some remote working. So it's win win.

Last edited:

UTT

UTT

Associate
Between around June and December 2020 before Margaret Keenan was jabbed there were 50,000 of us in the UK being tested, I was on placebo's.
It makes me laugh hard when people claim it wasn't tested :)

Have you got a citation for that 50k or is it an anecdote and therefore meaningless?

The general perception is that the 'vaccine' was knocked in double quick time without years of trials

Add to the fact that the pharma producing it were also protected and exempt from any lawsuits which is also not a great look

Back
Top Bottom