CPU bottleneck confirmation

you want me to make a hole through the wall for ethernet or are you trolling?
If not sry that was a genuine question, and i cant make that hole i am just a studio tenant I would have to have my own internet installed

No, I was being serious WiFi is not good.

Just drill a hole and poke the WiFi antenna through the wall. Trolling.

Sorry @jigger i didnt mean to offend, i saw armageus react haha on your penultimate post telling me to get other cable and then it switched to odd items i thought smth fishy could be going on :D unless i was right about ethernet.
Anyways i am just a studio tenant i cant really do that, alternative would be to get my own internet but even tho wifi is not optimal tetras differentiated network lag from performance lag and i experienced enough internet lag to recon the difference.
Unless you are saying it affects stuttering/lag beyond ping performance.
Idk about that adapter but the wifi should be high end: WIFI TEST

Last edited:
@Armageus @Tetras @jigger

I got a VESA certified IVANKY DP cable and setup g sync, i tested CS2 and still get laggy gameplay.

I downloaded single player game Star Wars: Fallen Order, ran it on epic graphics: on low render mission i get 90 fps stable, on high render mission it lowers to 70+ with frequent drops to 50+ accompagnied by some stuttering.

The difference i noticed is that in star wars at least there is an easy correlation between the frame drop and what i get on screen, while in 5v5 CS2 fps stays between 110 and 130+ with 1% low around 60 (low peak 40+) and it feels almost constistantly laggy / unsmooth.

So it could just be CS2, or a network issue: @Tetras says there is difference between what i seem to experience and a wifi stutter/lag, but that faulty wifi devices/drivers could cause it; and @jigger says wifi multiplayer gaming = source of my issues.

All my network drivers are up to date, reminder of my wifi specs and components:

- realtek 8821CE wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
- Ookla speedtests: normal perf / from time to time i do get variations-variations but my ping rarely goes up in game

If these stats are fine would there be a program to check if that adapter works properly?

Last edited:
I got a VESA certified IVANKY DP cable and setup g sync, i tested CS2 and still get laggy gameplay.

I downloaded single player game Star Wars: Fallen Order, ran it on epic graphics: on low render mission i get 90 fps stable, on high render mission it lowers to 70+ with frequent drops to 50+ accompagnied by some stuttering.

The difference i noticed is that in star wars at least there is an easy correlation between the frame drop and what i get on screen, while in 5v5 CS2 fps stays between 110 and 130+ with 1% low around 60 (low peak 40+) and it feels almost constistantly laggy / unsmooth.

So it could just be CS2, or a network issue: @Tetras says there is difference between what i seem to experience and a wifi stutter/lag, but that faulty wifi devices/drivers could cause it; and @jigger says wifi multiplayer gaming = source of my issues.

All my network drivers are up to date, reminder of my wifi specs and components:

- realtek 8821CE wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
- Ookla speedtests: normal perf / from time to time i do get variations-variations but my ping rarely goes up in game

If these stats are fine would there be a program to check if that adapter works properly?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom