Cricket World Cup thread

Associate
Heading out to Barbados from the 14th - 21st April supporting India all the way. Managed to get tickets for 2 games, can't wait!

Associate
My boss was out in Aus for the ashes, he's been ranting and raving about it ever since he's come back. I told him to sign my holiday form, told him where i was off to, the look on his face was priceless :D

Soldato
OP
What a day so far for Ireland! They have South Africa on the ropes at 62/5 - Would love to see them pull off a win! I always was a keen England fan but I really have to support my home country when they are in the competition. Usually they don't get this far! Come on lads

Soldato
weringo said:
Anyone watching the England - Bermuda game and seen that 19 stone bowler? He's huge!
lol I was going to post about him :D Not very often you see a bowlers belly wobble as he trundles up to bowl spinners!

edit: though he's just got Collingwood out! Not bad for a fat lad..

Soldato
weringo said:
Anyone watching the England - Bermuda game and seen that 19 stone bowler? He's huge!

He's huge alright, but hes on fire :eek: lol

Has anyone seen the SA vs Ireland score? Ireland are giving the world no1 side a thrashing at the moment :eek: :eek: :eek: Ireland are in Pakistans group aswel, I'm worried now lol.

South Africa 74/7 (21.0 ov)

Soldato
Does anyone know if there cricket world cup will by broadcasted live over the internet anywhere?
I only have rubbish TV channels, and unfortunately the UK's Cricket coverege is usually quite pants!!

Permabanned
sup3rc0w said:
Does anyone know if there cricket world cup will by broadcasted live over the internet anywhere?
I only have rubbish TV channels, and unfortunately the UK's Cricket coverege is usually quite pants!!

Sky coverage is pretty good. England games would be on in most pubs.

Soldato
OP
e36Adz said:
He's huge alright, but hes on fire :eek: lol

Has anyone seen the SA vs Ireland score? Ireland are giving the world no1 side a thrashing at the moment :eek: :eek: :eek: Ireland are in Pakistans group aswel, I'm worried now lol.

South Africa 74/7 (21.0 ov)

Def not a bad display from the Irish lads but it kind of got away from them in the end with a big partnership. They still can do it as long as their top few batsmen hang around which is unlikely. 32-1 in reply so far!

Soldato
sup3rc0w said:

I suspect thst Sky will have full UK rights to the live coverage so no legit internet showing in the UK.

Soldato
Mr Nice said:
Sky coverage is pretty good. England games would be on in most pubs.

That's if you have Sky :(
I dont like watching cricket in the pub either ... 6hour games = no money left at the end of the Cup :(

Why on earth would a massive event like this not be on the Normo channels !

Soldato
sup3rc0w said:
I dont like watching cricket in the pub either ... 6hour games = no money left at the end of the Cup :(

Alibaba99 said:
I suspect thst Sky will have full UK rights to the live coverage so no legit internet showing in the UK.

Who said anything about legit ;)
/jokes

.... but if you were to hear about not so legit streams, my email is in trust :)

Soldato
sup3rc0w said:

Because our Government has decided that Cricket isn't important enough to be classed as a Catagory A sport and so doesn't have to be shown live on terrestial.

Soldato
jonnyc747 said:
Def not a bad display from the Irish lads but it kind of got away from them in the end with a big partnership. They still can do it as long as their top few batsmen hang around which is unlikely. 32-1 in reply so far!

Yep, SA recovered well at the end and I think they will probably win it from here. Ireland will take away some confidence though, especially Langford-Smith who bowled both de Villiers and Kallis! They are not out of it yet though, currently 57/2 (14.0 ov) and well in the game. If they win this it will be a massive boost for them.

Bermuda struggling at 40-7. Game was over along time ago.

Soldato
Alibaba99 said:
Because our Government has decided that Cricket isn't important enough to be classed as a Catagory A sport and so doesn't have to be shown live on terrestial.
Aye the cricket world cup is a category B event meaning that live coverage can be on Pay TV as long as they allow terrestrial to screen highlights.

Seems odd when the Football world cup is a category A event and cricket is meant to be our second sport.

Then again those lists don't mean a lot the ECB got England test matches taken off the category A to category B list then flogged them to Sky!!

Back
Top Bottom