Cricket World Cup thread

Caporegime
OMG that Rana is absolutely ****'ing useless. Thank god we have Gul to bowl decent though but what use is he without any decent support from the other side. WI should have lost 2 wickets by now but Younis dropped a catch :(.

So far pretty entertaining match, not sure whos going to win altho i have my money on Pak to win it hopefully....but the way Rana is bowling, we might lose the game due to his crap bowling.

I can see Pak really suffering without Asif especially in this WC...having to rely on Rana is a scary prospect...his bowling will cost them matches:(.

But come on PAKISTAN!!!!!

Soldato
Spawn said:
OMG that Rana is absolutely ****'ing useless. Thank god we have Gul to bowl decent though but what use is he without any decent support from the other side. WI should have lost 2 wickets by now but Younis dropped a catch :(.

So far pretty entertaining match, not sure whos going to win altho i have my money on Pak to win it hopefully....but the way Rana is bowling, we might lose the game due to his crap bowling.

I can see Pak really suffering without Asif especially in this WC...having to rely on Rana is a scary prospect...his bowling will cost them matches:(.

But come on PAKISTAN!!!!!

Rana had a very poor series in SA and I knew he should have been dropped, but without Asif or Akhtar or Razzaq looks like we don't have much of a choice. We just have to hope Gul and Iftikar can do as much damage as possible and restrict WI.

Hopefully though they won't get to 250 so that shouldn't be too much to ask from our batsmen. WI bowling attack is average at best, and we are gonna have to chase down a lot bigger scores then 250 against better sides in this tournament...

So far, apart from a shoddy overthrow by Kaneria, a dropped catch at slip, and some poor bowling from Rana, we have been ok :/

Kaneria when he comes in later has a massive role to play as well.

Soldato
...and Rao strikes!!!! Chanderpaul gone, WI 64-2 :D :D :D

Rao and Gul have been pretty much bang on so far, doing everything that could possibly have been asked off them in the absence of Asif and Akhtar. :)

Soldato
miracleboy said:
Anyone know any internet radio streams for coverage? I tried the BBC one so far but it's blocked by work, same with any radio stuff in Media Player. :(

Hmm most do you the WMP protocol to play it, you need one that is a real player stream. Alternatively you could right click and copy the stream address to clipboard, then using portable VLC (so it doesnt require installing, run it off a pen drive or something);

http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable/screenshots

Paste the steam address (file--> open network stream, i believe), give it a few seconds to load;

EDIT: This is it http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/live_sportsextra.asx, it may be that asx streams are blocked at you work so this may not work.

Last edited:
Caporegime
e36Adz said:
Rana had a very poor series in SA and I knew he should have been dropped, but without Asif or Akhtar or Razzaq looks like we don't have much of a choice. We just have to hope Gul and Iftikar can do as much damage as possible and restrict WI.

Hopefully though they won't get to 250 so that shouldn't be too much to ask from our batsmen. WI bowling attack is average at best, and we are gonna have to chase down a lot bigger scores then 250 against better sides in this tournament...

So far, apart from a shoddy overthrow by Kaneria, a dropped catch at slip, and some poor bowling from Rana, we have been ok :/

Kaneria when he comes in later has a massive role to play as well.

Well so far Rao and Gul have been bowling decent altho Rao's last over was expensive but he got 2 wickets. Kaneria is bowling pretty well but Samuels is going after him, im hoping the fool gets caught out as he seems pretty reckless.

So far pretty good match, pak's fielding has been pretty woeful...too many extra runs given by mis-fields but then pak has never been any good at fielding.

God how i wish we had Asif in the side, the game would have been over by now with his devastating bowling:p....not really that concerned about Shoaibs loss tbh as he's more of a nuisance tbqh.

Hopefully Pak's batting will do a much better job...just hope we dont lose stupid wickets....:/

Soldato
With 3 overs left what does Inzamam do, puts on our worst bowler Rana. He got smashed as expected. Stupid bloody idiots :mad:

WI finish on 241-9 so Pak need 242 to win. WI should never have really got beyond 220 tbh, 57 runs went from the last 5 overs.

I hope we can chase the runs down with ease now, not a big ask 242 on a pitch with rather small boundaries.

Last edited:
Caporegime
:mad:!!!!! What a ****'ing joke, 242 to win for Pakistan. What a terrible last 15 overs we had bowling. Absolutely mind boggling decision from Inzi to put Rana on who is probably the most idiotic of bowlers...mind you with our depleted squad i couldnt see who else thy could put in. Actually maybe picking Sami instead of Rana would have been a better decision tbh.

:mad: not happy about this. Should have had the WI out for less than 200 when Samuels and Lara both went but noooo we go and give them another 50 odd runs to make it just that little bit more difficult to beat them.

Now will be interesting to see how the paks bat, im hoping Inzi, Younis and Yousef put together some decent partnerships because the WI do have some pretty decent bowlers :(.

Caporegime
****'ing great :mad: already a wicket gone after a smashing 6 from Nazir....oh well instead of playing safe and smart the paks yet again shoot themselves in the foot :(.

Nice start Pakistan, really great :(

Man of Honour
WI were shocking v India the other day it will be a big boost for them if they can win this, a boost for eveyone else to really although it won't affect Paks. qualifying if they lose, unless Zim can beat them, here's hoping:)

Caporegime
Well looks like the paks have settled down somewhat, after that stupid shot played by Younis. They seem to be chugging along quite nicely since Yousef has come in...just hope he doesnt get out as we need a decent partnership with him being the main guy. Hafeez is starting to play some pretty good strokes as well, just need him to stick around and pick his shots to play.

At the mo it looks like the WI are slightly on top bowling wise but i think the Paks are just waiting for the ball to lose its shine...once it does i think the WI are in big trouble tbh.

Cant see the Wi winning this tbh, their total isnt that big to chase...all the paks need to do is keep chugging along at 5-6 runs an over and they will be ok...although im not putting any money down on them to win this though...too volatile this pak team is but am hoping they come good :).

Associate
Think you jinxed them ;)

240+ won't be an easy total as Kaneria showed when he strung together those low scoring overs. Why they only bowled his 9 overs is anyones guess. should have kept him on for one more and got Gul to bowl one more. Inzi does make strange choices at times, especially with his itchiness in field placements when runs start to be scored.

Should be an interesting few hours.

Soldato
Yousuf's out 99-4 Wouldn't fancy Pakistan from here tbh, if Inzi gets out they're screwed.

Edit: Inzi's out 116-5 big trouble now.

Edit2: lol Akmals out first ball so 116-6 now.........start the car..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dear oh dear what a ****'ing joke these Paks are:(:mad:, out fielded..out-bowled and out played by the WI. Really Inzi is a joke as a captain, WTF was he thinking bowling first...stupid fat idiot.

Guess i was wrong about the WI, they definitely deserve to win this...shame on the Paks..absolutely woeful display from them as per usual...think i need a new team to support fully now lol:p.

Oh well at this rate i wouldnt expect the Paks to beat the Irish either, they are playing absolute **** at the moment. Like i said a few weeks ago, dont expect the Paks to make the super 8's...they are just too crap at the moment. Their bowling lacks any sort of bite, their fielding is absolutely woeful and their batting has been atrocious.

Fact of the matter is the Paks havent even got 2 decent openers, Hafeez shouldnt be playing and neither should Nazir but without Afridi and Razzaq...the Paks havent got much of a choice to choose from.

EDIT: Cant be bothered to watch such utter **** from the Paks...makes me wanna cry...time to watch something else on TV i think.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still watching, and still quietly confident :/

We need almost 10 an over now with 10 overs left, Rana is gonna make up for his poor bowling and hit an un beaten half century here, just watch :eek: :p

Back
Top Bottom