• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Soldato
Been offered £75 from a mate for the 480, but a 670 is £275. Trying to justify a £200 outlay for only 35% performance increase :o

£75 is uber cheap! I sold a 2Gb 5870 for £100 about 4 months ago, and felt it could have gone for a little more.

A 480 is about 15% quicker, but I suppose does have less vram and greater heat and power issues.

Still £100 at the minimum I reckon.

Soldato
Yeah, I know I could get a little more, but mates rates and all that :)

It's more the cost of the new card that's tough to justify. Money isn't an issue but I need to justify any frivolous purchase in my mind before pushing the buy button :p

Eying up that MSI 670 for £275 though...

Last edited:
Associate
OK just booted up Crysis 3 with max settings and TXAA High, 15 fps at 1440p on 680 SLI. Dropped AA down to SMAA and got 30 fps. AA off and got 45 fps.

This is all on the first level.

It uses 99% of both my cards. I put shading, shadows and particles down from very high to high and now I get 60 fps. This game is a beast.

Same issue wait until you get to the third or fourth level, pretty much 60 FPS solid for the rest of the game. Just those first few levels are pretty hard to run.

Associate
Ok i finished the entire game on max settings with txaa x4 on and i have to say i had flawless performance.
Bare in mind my res is 1920x1080 i'm using 2 gtx 670 ftw edition.
I was getting on average 63 fps with lowest being 51 fps and highest being 91 fps.
I also try'd it on max at 5760x1080 and was getting around 24 FPS but i knocked it down to high and was getting around 46 FPS.
Hope this helps if people don't have the game yet and have 2 gtx 670's.

Soldato
Ok i finished the entire game on max settings with txaa x4 on and i have to say i had flawless performance.
Bare in mind my res is 1920x1080 i'm using 2 gtx 670 ftw edition.
I was getting on average 63 fps with lowest being 51 fps and highest being 91 fps.
I also try'd it on max at 5760x1080 and was getting around 24 FPS but i knocked it down to high and was getting around 46 FPS.
Hope this helps if people don't have the game yet and have 2 gtx 670's.

Windforce SLI 670 here and I'm finding TXAA is an absolute FPS killer. I can max it on the other aliasing settings but with TXAA it refuses to go past 40 fps @ 1080p! It's even more demanding than 4xMSAA!
What's with that?! I got the same FPS from a single windforce so it's as if it's not utilising my second card, but the usage indicates it is!

Soldato
No idea where you found one for that price as OCUK is the cheapest I can find a 670 currently. And that's the MSI for £275.

Is rather buy from overclockers than some shonkey fly by night eBay shop ;)

Forgot to say 2nd hand. Not too fussed if comes with warranty and everything

Associate
Its quite gob smacking isn't it when you get out there.

Indeed it is, never seen such "live" motion graphics in a game before. All the blades of grass blowing in the wind, the textures on the buildings. Screen shots just don't do it justice.

I am dying like everyone else whilst sight seeing and not "playing" the game :)

Soldato
Indeed it is, never seen such "live" motion graphics in a game before. All the blades of grass blowing in the wind, the textures on the buildings. Screen shots just don't do it justice.

I am dying like everyone else whilst sight seeing and not "playing" the game :)

Nope, my mates were in awe when i showed them screenshots last night over Skype, granted Photobucket shrinks the screenshots but i told them it looks better when you're in the game obviously, despite they were impressed anyway.

On another note. I had to turn Shading, Shadows and Objects to high, but that allowed me to use TXAA High, so i'm happy with that.

If i was forced down to medium settings then i would have gone for an upgrade.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a good 3930 OC to 4.8 and a OC 7950. So meaty 6 core processor with 32GB RAM

All of my settings are on Very high with MSAA set up. Not sure on frame rates, but certainly playable on solo campaign. Playing on 1920x1080 on my Asus IPS monitor.

Back
Top Bottom