• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Associate
One thing I will note - its worth keeping an eye on your GPU temps for enforced throttling as this game makes my cards hotter than Furmark! Absolutely NOTHING gets my cards as hot as Crysis 3!

Soldato
One thing I will note - its worth keeping an eye on your GPU temps for enforced throttling as this game makes my cards hotter than Furmark! Absolutely NOTHING gets my cards as hot as Crysis 3!

This. It took my max power target % to 130 (I have it set to 118 max in afterburner!) I had to down clocks on gpu memory after it crashed. Loops of heaven 3 and 4 did not crash when i used the settings before

Last edited:
Associate
This. It took my max power target % to 130. I had to down clocks on gpu memory after it crashed. Loops of heaven 3 and 4 do did not crash

I bet folks running high screen resolutions and over volted GPU's with air cooling and small water loops are running into huge throttling problems and haven't yet noticed.
God knows what the code is doing, but the work-rate is epic!

I can run Furmark for an hour and get to 48 - 51 C where she levels out.
Battlefield 3 for 2 hours, levels out at 45c
Black ops 2 for 2 hours, levels out at around 43 c
20mins on Crysis 3 has them at mid 50s... I saw 55 last night!

Last edited:
Soldato
Everything on very high apart from shaders and shadows, they're on high. TXAA Medium (I LOVE TXAA, Assassins Creed 3 with TXAA was amazing too). I been gaming about an hour now and max I've seen my Windforce is 62, 63 on the CPU.

I keep missing the story line because my jaw is dropping from the graphics, just got to the dam part - Wow.

Soldato
I bet folks running high screen resolutions and over volted GPU's with air cooling and small water loops are running into huge throttling problems and haven't yet noticed.
God knows what the code is doing, but the work-rate is epic!

I can run Furmark for an hour and get to 48 - 51 C where she levels out.
Battlefield 3 for 2 hours, levels out at 45c
Black ops 2 for 2 hours, levels out at around 43 c
20mins on Crysis 3 has them at mid 50s... I saw 55 last night!

I have a slight overclock on my GTX670 (which takes it to past stock speed benchmarks of a GTX680) with a custom but not too noisy fan curve -50c/50%, 60c/65%, 70c/75%, 80c/85%. Max temp ever has been 67c. 1189 on the core with boost, memory at +400 (3402mhz) +110 on core (then plus kelper boost)

1440p in all very high, and no aa look sweet.

I keep missing the story line because my jaw is dropping from the graphics, just got to the dam part - Wow.

You see the same in multiplayer in parts! I saw one bit where everyone was jumping around in an outside pond, presumably admiring the light reflections on the water and stuff! :D

Soldato
Anyone getting high temps when running this game for two or so hours? my windforce x3 7950 idles at 32c but after a couple hours play the max temp was 86c, is this too high for this card?

Associate
Knocked everything down from Very High to High, getting 60fps more or less constantly. running SMAA 2x (I think thats what its called, its the second one)

Soldato
Knocked everything down from Very High to High, getting 60fps more or less constantly. running SMAA 2x (I think thats what its called, its the second one)

I do this for multiplayer, hitting high 70-100 fps fxaa (all you need, the game is extremely crisp anyway!)

SP I crank it up and use TXAA, gorgeous!

Permabanned
Don't hate me guys but I have managed to make Crysis 3 fully maxed a lot more playable for me. At 1400p even with my xfire 7970s and a 2700k @4.4ghz, with everything maxed its dipping into the low 30's with AA off. My solution?......play it on my pad. I know, I know its a pad for 1st person but with the money Ive spent on the horsepower I have I hate having to knock anything down (aa dosn't really bother me). It's loads smoother and although the pads a little clunky it allows me to take in "maximum visuals" :D
I only resorted to the pad in the dam level though and will try M&KB after the level and see how it feels.

Soldato
Here are some very interesting shots you might like

1440p, no AA, no motion blur, very high textures. Comparing High system settings to very high. Mainly the shadows and some lighting change but not much. BUT - a whopping, almost 30fps increase!

sod it, im leaving it in high - hardly anything looks missed and i would prefer another 30fps thanks! Single player is similar to multiplayer in fps hit/gain

(i5 760@4ghz, 8gb ram, GTX670@1189/3402)

zaQOEoJ.jpg.png

17ISti7.jpg.png

l5DDvH7.jpg.png

9Pnnl9H.jpg.png

QI9ATMo.jpg.png

eCjNFgb.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't hate me guys but I have managed to make Crysis 3 fully maxed a lot more playable for me. At 1400p even with my xfire 7970s and a 2700k @4.4ghz, with everything maxed its dipping into the low 30's with AA off. My solution?......play it on my pad. I know, I know its a pad for 1st person but with the money Ive spent on the horsepower I have I hate having to knock anything down (aa dosn't really bother me). It's loads smoother and although the pads a little clunky it allows me to take in "maximum visuals" :D
I only resorted to the pad in the dam level though and will try M&KB after the level and see how it feels.

You mean a pad, like a pad... errr... an XBOX type pad with triggers???? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom