• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Soldato
Blimey, at matched clocks to the 3770k as well. If news games continue to be as well optimised on the CPU as this, my 8350 might just end up staying for longer than I expected! :p

I'm not seeing the "Do well" part of those benchmarks.

The differences between processors are negligible. We are talking tiny amounts here, pretty much within margins of error and not at all what I would class as significantly indicative of any kind of boost towards highly threaded CPUs?

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you seen how Piledrivers perform in games that aren't optimised for multi-threaded CPUs and rely heavily on IPC (particularly with multi-gpu set ups) or the price difference between an FX8320 (clocks the ~same as an 8350) and 3770k? :confused:

Associate
Somehow getting much better performance in single player which looks better, multiplayer is unplayable and mouse aiming is broken for me, struggle to get on target.

Associate
Hmm I'm trying to work out if I should go cross fire with a second 6970 or wait. I refuse to buy a 7970 as it was a poor performance upgrade from the previous generation.
It seems MM is selling them for about £100 on average, anyone got advice?

Soldato
Hmm I'm trying to work out if I should go cross fire with a second 6970 or wait. I refuse to buy a 7970 as it was a poor performance upgrade from the previous generation.

Sell your 6970 for £100 and put the £100 you would have spent + £40 from the back of the sofa and grab a 7950. A 7950 is a considerable leap up from a 6970 and no hassle of crossfire issues.

Caporegime

The 7970 is not far off twice as fast as the 6970.

----

Anyway, i just finished uploading a couple of Crysis3 vids to Youtube.

One All High and one all Very High

GPU 7870, CPU P-II x6.

With GFX setting all High i had pretty good performance.

On all Very High it was still smooth but i got a lot of mouse lag, that made it unplayable. that may have been because i was recording, i don't know as thats the first time i set it like that.

I can't tell the difference with the GFX settings, you tell me if its different...

All High; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIG9EgRhDGc

All Very High: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzDBrSP46yA&feature=youtu.be

Soldato
First off, I posted earlier in the thread about a 'dxgi error device removed' error, fixed.:D

If you get it similar to my problem-go back and find my exact problem before you try this- delete your profile and create a new one and problem solved.

My 7950 @ 1100/1500 does not go above 55.c Max settings at 1440p. The Accelero is just superb...

+1,

My 7950 is purring along nice and cool on one of those coolers on max voltage.:D

is anyone running SLI?
I was about to buy a copy but read there's SLI / Crossfire problems and poor utilisation, has it been fixed yet?

The beta5's sorted performance on CrossFire, before that one, performance was a train wreck, Nvidia will get it sorted pronto I imagine.:)

I was in the same boat as you and refused to budge until the 70 hit £300 with the never settle bundle.

6970 CrossFire@1GHz up until June/July when I made the change was slightly faster@1080p over a 1200MHz 70.

As C3 is more demanding and the 69 series is a series down on the 79's, driver support will be supported less.

Sell your 6970 for £100, and get a 7950 and clock it, it will perform better than 6970 CrossFire imho, and performance isn't noticeable in game @1080p.

The only way I would recommend a 7970 over the 50(I use both) is if you are heavy into BM's.

If you can and you decide to go for it, be quick as all the gpu's are shooting up in price due to the low value of the £ v's $.

If funds allow, buy the 7950 then put up the 6970 for sale.

Soldato
The beta had massive amount of input lag whenever vsync was turned on did they fix this for the real game?

Crysis 2 did the exact same thing with vsync there was around 150ms input lag which made it completely useless.

I really thought they would have that sorted by now :confused:

Soldato
I fired it up in 3D via the in game option, it only delivers in Side by Side, it was okay but I've seen better, but performance was great.

I then fired up via Ignition(Tridef 3D) and it delivers in Frame Sequential...

WOW, utterly stunning, with a performance hit though, but it is amazing, it's on a different level altogether.

My 7970 is back on RMA just now and I was offered a replacement or refund, I said refund as even the 7950 is fast enough@1080p CrossFire was overkill tbph, but I might just have to change my mind it's that good looking! :D

Back
Top Bottom