• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
crysis 3 is looking GOOD

is it gonna bring rigs to their knees like oblivion and crysis did?

I tend to think not...despite the OP's performance on sli 680s. hmm...

Soldato
crysis 3 is looking GOOD

is it gonna bring rigs to their knees like oblivion and crysis did?

I tend to think not...despite the OP's performance on sli 680s. hmm...

Yes. Basically from what I can see you need a min GTX 680 for the max settings with playable if not great FPS.

Thankfully I'm rocking SLI 670s so I should be OK with any luck. I'm just hoping it isn't as linear as Crysis 2 and as open as the original.

Soldato
Permabanned
Pff those pics do not even look that good for the GPU power the man has with 680 SLI.15fps with SMAA?

I really think they are taking the **** if they think people should fork out for SLI to get that kind of turd framerate.

I bet they have a better AA method sitting idle for when ATI decide to release thier's first.Infact i think its done on purpose just to shift more GPU's.In the year 2013 no one can tell me with a straight face this is the best algorithm ATI and Nvidia can come up with.Its a scam and its done on purpose hoping most people will not try to turn down AA but will upgrade.I simply cannot stand a game without at least 4xMSAA.

There is no way in hell i will even consider a titan to get playable fps in that game.Throwing hardware at **** poor optimization is not my idea of how things should be done.Especially when the image is blurred to hell and back to hide the textures.

Crappy innovation any wonder a lot of people have moved to console.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
After you get past the first level and get to the grassy areas the performance is better. ATM I have a solid 60 fps with SMAA x1, everything else very high except shadows, shading and post processing at high. That's with vsync on and GPU usage is between 70%-99%.

One thing though is this game is VERY demanding on CPU when in the grassy areas, never before has any game made my CPU reach 90%+ constant load and 80c temperature.

PBfdpxG.jpg

N82TG6t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom