• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crysis 3 performance

The beta played fine on my single 670 in 1440p. Not sure if I will try this or not, Crysis 2 was so linear compared to 1 and 3 I think will be the same.

Are there some nice big opens levels?

Trust me. You will not get solid 60fps with one 670 with high settings. I have SLI 670 and get anywhere from 20fps - 60fps with SLI @ 1080p, vsync, 2xSMAA max on the final game.

BTW - I was at 60fps on the Beta too. The final single player is a resource whore.

Played the first level with 1gtx 670. So far I am happy.

All settings on very high with 2 smaa, 1080p and getting approx 45 average. It drops to 30 fps on some cut scenes but not for very long, not game breaking.

The first level in the rain was the most demanding compared to the next level. I dropped the shadows down to high but didn't notice an increase in frames.

Going to check my cpu usage later. I have an i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz.

Second level does have amazing graphics but not leaps and bounds beyond bf3 imo.

All settings on very high with 2 smaa, 1080p and getting approx 45 average. It drops to 30 fps on some cut scenes but not for very long, not game breaking.

A lot of games do that and it's completely intentional.

Cut scenes are usually very high definition videos. So when encoded they are done so at normal watching rates :)

Evga precision doesn't play nice with this game along with the latest driver for me.

I'm getting driver stopped responding errors when starting the game.

Evga precision doesn't play nice with this game along with the latest driver for me.

I'm getting driver stopped responding errors when starting the game.

I had that too. My first card (670 SLI) was clocking properly my second card was being clocked to 1288mhz firm with no down clock.

There's something very wrong with either the new drivers or EVGA precision tbh. I had to uninstall it.

The first level in the rain was the most demanding compared to the next level. I dropped the shadows down to high but didn't notice an increase in frames.

Going to check my cpu usage later. I have an i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz.

Second level does have amazing graphics but not leaps and bounds beyond bf3 imo.

odd that your single gpu fares better than my SLI 670 setup... ? In fact my single gpu test are nothing close to your results. People with 680 gpu get around 20-30 at max in the first level. Is your gpu on steroids or something?

odd that your single gpu fares better than my SLI 670 setup... ? In fact my single gpu test are nothing close to your results. People with 680 gpu get around 20-30 at max in the first level. Is your gpu on steroids or something?

20-30 fps with sli clearly shows drivers are not working right. My results are more or less in line with pc hardware's benchmarks. Test 1 of your cards on it's own.

I have just saw my cpu hit 93 percent. Even though my gpu is at 99 percent, the 2500k is getting a serious workout.

What developers should do is put game performance against a benchmark. e.g. you can play it in high settings at ~30fps if you get a score of x or more - something like heaven or 3d mark. (however less chance of people buying the game then)

I have found that using high levels of aa is what cripples performance.

I am half way through the second level and the frame rate is more stable between 40-45. I have not seen the fps go below 35 so far, not including the first part in the rain.

Vram usage is reading 1686mb. I am playing it in 3d and even though it isn't the best 3d, it still looks very nice. Also v-sync lowers the frame rate a lot in my case so I have disabled it.

I have found that using high levels of aa is what cripples performance.

I am half way through the second level and the frame rate is more stable between 40-45. I have not seen the fps go below 35 so far, not including the first part in the rain.

Vram usage is reading 1686mb. I am playing it in 3d and even though it isn't the best 3d, it still looks very nice. Also v-sync lowers the frame rate a lot in my case so I have disabled it.

It is AA that cripples performance, the difference is so vast that a higher mid range overclocked GPU can run it with graphics settings at high and even very high, turn up the AA and a GTX 690 / 7990 is struggling with it.

while the visual difference between high AA and low or even no AA is almost nothing.

It is AA that cripples performance, the difference is so vast that a higher mid range overclocked GPU can run it with graphics settings at high and even very high, turn up the AA and a GTX 690 / 7990 is struggling with it.

while the visual difference between high AA and low or even no AA is almost nothing.

MSAA (at least in NFS : Shift) uses physical memory. No one knows why as when I posted a thread about it no one seemed to know anything.

Maybe tomorrow I will load up a memory usage app and see what happens to physical memory when you crank on it.

Anyone updated their drivers yet?

This (314.07) is the recommended GeForce driver for the Crysis 3. It delivers a smoother gaming experience, improves single GPU performance by up to 5%, and boosts SLI performance by up to 65% (compared to GeForce 310.90 WHQL driver).

Sorry, just re read your post. Are you using the latest driver?

Yup. My cards arent overclocked but I get good solid 60fps with vsync in BF3 and Witcher 2. I put the SLI indicator on and nitice when my fps dips down that the SLI indicator halves... is this normal? And yes I am running 314.07 drivers. Oddly ACIII also runs like crap on my setup.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/davanius/crysis32013-02-2008-19-18-82_zpsbfcc788d.png

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/davanius/crysis32013-02-2008-31-48-46_zps89f67769.png

I have gone back to driver 313.95 to get rid of the driver crashes. Performance seems the same to me.

The moving grass looks like it has a lower frame rate than the rest of the game like the physics in Bioshock.

If you are getting that frame rate with a single 670, then there is something very wrong with my system....

I would love for someone with 670 SLI to test the game out for me.. starting to get worried!

EDIT: - Just did a Heaven 3.0 test and I get 107fps with 1080p, extreme tessellation, 16x AF and 4xAA with the new drivers... this seems about right, no?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom